• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Paul Newman Pass Away at 83 Years Old?

He was a great husband and father.I read this on the internet and it just broke my heart! I knew he had cancer but didn't know he was this near the end. I have a friend in California that I used to work with that got stuck in an elevator once with him back in the 70's....she said it was all she could do not to grab him...lol....so she just said hello and him back and they carried on a little conversation for about 10 minutes until they were rescued. She said his eyes were everybit as gorgeous blue as you hear and he was a perfect gentleman and very gracious. He will be missed.
PamperedDor
Gold Member
I just logged on to AOL and saw that Paul Newman has passed away - Such a wonderful man and actor! My heart breaks for his family.

"Kid, the next time I say, 'Let's go someplace like Bolivia,' let's GO someplace like Bolivia."

Heard this on the radio this morning and it just broke my heart! I knew he had cancer but didnt know he was this near the end. I have a friend in CA that I used to work with that got stuck in an elevator once with him back in the 70's....she said it was all she could do not to grab him...lol....so she just said hello and him back and they carried on a little conversation for about 10 minutes until they were rescued. She said his eyes were everybit as gorgeous blue as you hear and he was a perfect gentleman and very gracious.
He will be missed. ^j^

Very sad! He donated so much, I just read over 200 million dollars from sales of his food line! Too bad more celebreties aren't as giving!

SO SAD...I grew up watching his movies. The best thing he ever said about his wife & marriage when asked If he would ever cheat on her. He said why go out for hamburger when you have steak at home...He'll be missed...:(

How very sad. He will be missed.

This is sad - He was a man with class in an industry where there is very little.
Faithful to his wife for 50 years, and gave so much to so many outstanding charities. Too bad there aren't more like him.

And he made a pretty good salad dressing too! Multi-talented.

Sad. He was one of the few true Movie Stars left. I agree that he exuded class. He also seemed to be someone who lived his stated values. I had a lot of respect for him.

My mom has always love Paul Newman....and so have I. I'm gonna miss him..........

I agree his values were much higher than anyone else in Hollywood. He will be sadly missed.

My heart breaks for his wife. He was the true meaning of gentleman and the world truly lost a wonderful soul - He did so much good and never asked for anything in return. What a wonderful being - wish we all could have more like that in the world today!

I saw this when I came in tonight! So sad but he was a real class act! I didn't realize he was 83 yo or he had been married 50 years! Course why should Hollywood talk about a great marriage, right?

What happened to Paul Newman?

Paul Newman passed away on September 26, 2008 at the age of 83 after a long battle with lung cancer.

What was Paul Newman known for?

Paul Newman was known for his successful career as an actor, director, and producer, as well as his philanthropy work with the creation of Newman's Own, a food company that donates all profits to charity.

How did Paul Newman's death impact the food industry?

Paul Newman's passing had a significant impact on the food industry, as he was the co-founder of Newman's Own, a popular brand known for its salad dressings, sauces, and snacks.

What is the legacy of Paul Newman?

Paul Newman's legacy is one of not only his successful career in the entertainment industry, but also his philanthropy work and impact on the food industry. His charitable efforts and dedication to giving back continue through Newman's Own Foundation.

Are there any plans to continue Paul Newman's legacy in the food industry?

Yes, Newman's Own Foundation continues to run and operate the food company, with all profits still being donated to charity. The foundation also supports various other philanthropic initiatives in line with Paul Newman's values and vision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
byrd1956