• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Pampered Chef Used to Have a Microwave Steamer?

The brown one did come with a lid (maybe not at first but I know I have one and there is a lid). A lot of people call the microcooker a microsteamer. People just said that at both of the last two shows I had. Other than that it could be that they just thought the item was PC ...or it was very long ago (I've been a customer since 1983 with very few lapses in seeing a book and I never saw one).
minirottie
That isn't the micro cooker? My friend is having a catty show and a co-workers wife recalls an older microwave steamer, but doesn't believe it's the micro-cooker. Aside from that or possibly the Rice Cooker Plus, I don't know..

I'm wondering the same thing. I had a customer ask about it at a show recently cuz she had a friend rave about hers. I sold her the micro cooker thinking that must be what she was talking about. But now I'm wondering...

Tupperware had one at one time. Blue with a pink tray in it. Not sure if your customer would have explained what it looked like to you or not.

I've been with the company for 13 years and I don't remember anything except the microcookers and the rice cooker.

LeahMae said:
Tupperware had one at one time. Blue with a pink tray in it. Not sure if your customer would have explained what it looked like to you or not.

I agree...Mine is all pink, oval shapped and there is an insert and cover. I don't use mine anymore as I always use my micro cookers.

Thank you all! I've let her know and hopefully she'll buy the Micro Cooker! Appreciate the input. I didn't know Tupperware had one..I googled it and saw what you mean

Actually, years ago we did have BROWN small micro-cooker. It was the same size as the black one, but it didn't come with a lid. When they came out with the black one, we had a lid added, which really adds to its value!!

Hope that helps! (Back then, the brown one was only around $3, too, so that may be why there is confusion here!)

Good luck!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Actually, years ago we did have BROWN small micro-cooker. It was the same size as the black one, but it didn't come with a lid. When they came out with the black one, we had a lid added, which really adds to its value!!

Hope that helps! (Back then, the brown one was only around $3, too, so that may be why there is confusion here!)

Good luck!
The brown one did come with a lid (maybe not at first but I know I have one and there is a lid). A lot of people call the microcooker a microsteamer. People just said that at both of the last two shows I had. Other than that it could be that they just thought the item was PC ...or it was very long ago (I've been a customer since 1983 with very few lapses in seeing a book and I never saw one).

I have the tupperware steamer...orangey colored..LOVE it! I wish PC would come out with something just like it, as I could DEFINITELY sell this thing. It is the ONLY way we cook broccoli or carrots in my house! :)

1. What is a microwave steamer and how does it work?

A microwave steamer is a kitchen tool used to cook food in the microwave using steam. It typically consists of a base, a vented lid, and a steaming tray. To use it, you simply add a small amount of water to the base, place the food on the steaming tray, cover with the lid, and microwave for the recommended time.

2. Why did Pampered Chef stop selling the microwave steamer?

Pampered Chef discontinued the microwave steamer due to low demand and the increasing popularity of other cooking methods such as air fryers and pressure cookers. They now offer alternative tools such as the stoneware microwave steamer or the quick cooker for steaming food in the microwave.

3. Can I still purchase a Pampered Chef microwave steamer?

No, the microwave steamer is no longer available for purchase from Pampered Chef. However, you may be able to find it through third-party sellers on websites like eBay or Amazon.

4. What are the advantages of using a Pampered Chef microwave steamer?

The microwave steamer was known for its convenience and quick cooking time. It was also designed to fit in most standard microwaves, making it a space-saving option for small kitchens. Additionally, the steaming method helps retain the nutrients and flavors of the food being cooked.

5. Are there any alternative products to the Pampered Chef microwave steamer?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a stoneware microwave steamer and a quick cooker as alternatives. Other brands also offer similar microwave steamers that can be found in kitchen supply stores or online. Alternatively, you can use a microwave-safe bowl with a vented lid as a makeshift steamer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • MaddyandOwensMom