• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Accidentally Start a Controversy with the Spoiler Thread?

I hope that is enough.I did click on the link..that is the only thing that I can remember..so I only remember 1...I hope that is enough.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
Wow. Well first of all....I picked a HECK of a week to get the flu! We've been speculating about the new products for months, and the day they are actually spoiled, I'm sick & in bed!

I went ahead and deleted the thread because things got just a tad too controversial for me. I apologize to those of you who were upset as a result, that was not my intention when I began the thread.

Hope you are feeling better soon!

(((hugs))) your main intention was fun. Don't fret about it girl. ;)

No reason for you to apologize. None of us has any control over what other people do with our threads. It was a lot of fun while we were all speculating.

Agree with Sheila & Rae - the thread was a lot of fun, until.....
It wasn't your fault. Hope you're feeling better soon! I hear from a lot of people that the Flu is knocking them off their feet. :yuck:

I agree with Sheila, Rae and Becky - You are not the one who spoiled it, don't feel bad, not your fault.

I am sorry you deleted the thread. I am thinking that is the thread that a bunch of people linked to some neat/weird products out there. I can't seem to find those links in other threads - so I am pretty sure those guesses were in the thread that got deleted. If not, can someone direct me to where that thread is? :)

kam said:
I am sorry you deleted the thread. I am thinking that is the thread that a bunch of people linked to some neat/weird products out there. I can't seem to find those links in other threads - so I am pretty sure those guesses were in the thread that got deleted. If not, can someone direct me to where that thread is? :)
Kathleen, that's the one she deleted.Kristin, I was enjoying the thread and all the excitement of people's guesses. It's not your fault someone else went over-the-top. Thanks for deleting it.

Glad to hear I missed the drama. I also enjoyed everyone's guesses and the links to other companies' products.
Kristina, hope you're over the flu!

I am glad I missed the drama too!! But dont appoligize either ... and feel better soon!!

You know, I saw that pop up again (it had been less active lately), and I didn't click for some reason even though I had been following it. I guess that's a good thing, because I don't like my surprises to be spoiled.

ok..I did click on it and really enjoyed it. I also compared to Sheila's blurred version of the catalog cover and it was so far off as far as the oven pad and such. I will not even talk further on it but it is an awesome product and one we will enjoy selling and using - my lips are now sealed until Saturday!!:p

otisbg said:
ok..I did click on it and really enjoyed it. I also compared to Sheila's blurred version of the catalog cover and it was so far off as far as the oven pad and such. I will not even talk further on it but it is an awesome product and one we will enjoy selling and using - my lips are now sealed until Saturday!!:p

And that would be Saturday the 12th, right?

otisbg said:

I clicked on it as well..I thought it was a joke like Sheila's had been. I was very disappointed..because I do like surprises..oh well..I guess it was my own fault for clicking. I did learn a lesson though.

NooraK said:
And that would be Saturday the 12th, right?

It better be! I think just to be safe I'm going to stay away from CS during Spring Launch week. I would not be happy if the surprise were spoiled before I go to mine...I'm already peeved that I inadvertantly saw the spoiler's list...thankfully I only rememeber one thing on it and I didn't click on the link.

pamperedlinda said:
It better be! I think just to be safe I'm going to stay away from CS during Spring Launch week. I would not be happy if the surprise were spoiled before I go to mine...I'm already peeved that I inadvertantly saw the spoiler's list...thankfully I only rememeber one thing on it and I didn't click on the link.

I did click on the link..that is the only thing that I can remember..so I only remember 1 thing that they told..so I am happy that I am forgettful..LOL.

chefheidi2003 said:
I did click on the link..that is the only thing that I can remember..so I only remember 1 thing that they told..so I am happy that I am forgettful..LOL.

I was just skimming through the thread to see any new predictions and scanned the list then I saw the link and thought to myself ....WOW!!! WTF!!! How can anyone be so tacky and inconsiderate as to actually post it?!?! Whoever that person is could have just said something like I know what it is and and send me a message for the link instead of outright listing everything.

The original discussion was so much fun reading (as you can tell I am more of a dreaded lurker :blushing:) I did click on that link and bookmarked it as I couldn't decide if I wanted to look at the whole thing (I did later). But it is now unavailable, so I think HO caught wind of what happened. I hope everyone enjoys SL I can't wait to talk to my team about the new products.

of course - Saturday the 12th.....:D

It's killing me not being able to discuss what's NOT in the new catalog. Having the illicit preview has me checking my attitude so I don't share my attitudes with teammates. Everyone gets jazzed about different things. One of the great things about training sessions is picking up on what other people are excited about that you are not thrilled with. Plus, we still don't know what the HWC products are or new recipes!! Lots of excitement still to come at Launch.

Almost forgot to tell you all and put an end to my paranoia about the Deep Covered Baker.......it is still around in the new catalog....with just a different number - Phew!!:thumbup:

Well, just for the record, if anyone wants to share with me what's new & what's discontinued, I wouldn't be upset. ;)

I would love to know too

pamperedlinda said:

I get too bored at work to stay away :D

I was irritated/mad/surprised that someone spoiled it for me. But, I caved in & clicked on the link & looked & looked & looked. After a few days I decided that I'm glad we looked. I'm still going to Spring Launch. I'll still learn things there by seeing the products in person and hearing from others. But, I don't like that we're not given much time to play with the new tools or try out recipes before the New Season starts.

I totally agree with you and have no regrets about looking. I am an adult and it was my choice. I will still be very excited to see them in person, but can much better plan my March shows and not feel stressed to get it together in 2 weeks. :angel:

I wanna see :)

I missed this thread or at least the issues.

Well if anyone finds out from reveal meetings, I'd love to get info as I'm not able to go to ours.

Lisa

I guess I should be happy that I missed the spoilers--I totally would have looked.:) Can't wait til Saturday!

I cant go to spring launch! Will someone share with me?

pamperedlinda said:
I was just skimming through the thread to see any new predictions and scanned the list then I saw the link and thought to myself ....WOW!!! WTF!!! How can anyone be so tacky and inconsiderate as to actually post it?!?! Whoever that person is could have just said something like I know what it is and and send me a message for the link instead of outright listing everything.

maybe if you don't want a spoiler don't read a thread called SPOILER and then if you don't want to know the new products you will not see them. tacky and inconsiderate is being rude about a thread you clicked into by choice and then was so rude as to post the above comment.

reneeward said:
maybe if you don't want a spoiler don't read a thread called SPOILER and then if you don't want to know the new products you will not see them. tacky and inconsiderate is being rude about a thread you clicked into by choice and then was so rude as to post the above comment.

Very well put :thumbup:

OK, I'm in Japan and can't go to a launch, so if someone is willing, I'd love to see/hear what the new products are!

I can't go to a launch either :( and would love to get in with the sharing! I got a little teaser the other day (via PM) and am now bummed I didn't log on earlier to see the spoiler thread. I LOVE to know about the new stuff early, makes me more excited, and I think a thread clearly marked SPOILER is totally acceptable! (wish i would have seen it!)

reneeward said:

Thanks for saying what I was thinking Reneeward! :) And I would not at all be offended if someone wants to share all the surprises with me! I am unable to attend the SL so I will be surprised anyway! LOL! Thank you!

Email: [email protected]

reneeward said:

Actually the original thread started off as a joke with someone trying to morph the distorted catalog picture back into shape and people where taking guesses as to what it was. Nothing was truly a spoiler but the person who titled it didn't want to ruin it for anyone if someone actually figured it out. The person who came on to post that stuff had inside knowledge and truly posted a spoiler without even telling anybody what they were posting. A lot of people were posting links to items that they thought it might be but this person posted the actual catalog without telling anyone it was the catalog they were posting. It caused a lot of people to click on it without knowing what they were clicking on. There's a big difference between what was going on in the thread and the post that caused it to be deleted.

reneeward said:

WOW! Linda was just stating her opinion. HO has requested we NOT share such things until all Spring Launches happen so that all attending consultants can have equal excitement. It IS TACKY and INCONSIDERATE, as well as against PC policy, for someone to post the information anywhere. No need to be attacking her for that.

For pete's sake, we're talking a week here. Those who can't wait but didn't invest in going to the meeting, put on your big girl panties and get over it. Stop all the whining. You are not entitled. It won't make any difference in your businesses whether you know things today or next week. Hosts understand. It's all in your attitude. They don't need the packet more than 2 weeks before the show (most don't even look at it before then anyway) and most book the date that works for them. The host bonus is a BONUS and March's is awesome without even knowing what it is - they get to pick their favorite new product for 60% off. Be excited and mysterious. It's better for business anyway.

BethCooks4U said:
For pete's sake, we're talking a week here. Those who can't wait but didn't invest in going to the meeting, put on your big girl panties and get over it. Stop all the whining. You are not entitled. It won't make any difference in your businesses whether you know things today or next week. Hosts understand. It's all in your attitude. They don't need the packet more than 2 weeks before the show (most don't even look at it before then anyway) and most book the date that works for them. The host bonus is a BONUS and March's is awesome without even knowing what it is - they get to pick their favorite new product for 60% off. Be excited and mysterious. It's better for business anyway.

Well said!

Becca_in_MD said:
It's killing me not being able to discuss what's NOT in the new catalog. Having the illicit preview has me checking my attitude so I don't share my attitudes with teammates. Everyone gets jazzed about different things. One of the great things about training sessions is picking up on what other people are excited about that you are not thrilled with.

Plus, we still don't know what the HWC products are or new recipes!! Lots of excitement still to come at Launch.

I clicked the link too, with no regrets. I'm still very excited to see the new catalogs and products tomorrow in St. Louis. I'm even more excited to see the HWC products that weren't spoiled! My lips are sealed though!

BethCooks4U said:
WOW! Linda was just stating her opinion. HO has requested we NOT share such things until all Spring Launches happen so that all attending consultants can have equal excitement. It IS TACKY and INCONSIDERATE, as well as against PC policy, for someone to post the information anywhere. No need to be attacking her for that.

What I noticed was that the ones posting like that, and supporting posts like that are mostly people who look to have joined CS recently...maybe just for the spoilers? So of course, they would be upset about having their spoilers spoiled! :rolleyes:

When I see a post like that from someone who hasn't contributed anything of value to Chef Success, I just ignore them. If all they can do is come on here and attack and be rude to people who have contributed and helped many people over the years, then that says a lot to me.

Uh oh...is this thread getting out of hand too? Do I need to delete it? (Joking) Please everyone play nice, I don't want to get a reputation of starting troublemaker threads. Hahahahaha! :rolleyes:

reneeward said:

Why can't you be nice? The original post was fun because we were all predicting what the new products would be. It was not really a SPOILER. We had no idea that someone would post an actual copy of the new catalog. It didn't even seem possible. My NED didn't even have one. So, some people clicked on it thinking it was couldn't be true. Some out of curiosity. I commend kristina16marie for deleting it. It was the right thing to do. Now everyone play nice!

BethCooks4U said:

Wow. I could not have said it better myself.

1. What exactly was the controversy surrounding the spoiler thread?

The controversy surrounding the spoiler thread was due to the fact that the new products were leaked and some members were upset that they were spoiled before the official release. This led to debates about whether or not it was fair to share the spoilers and whether or not it was ethical to discuss them before the official announcement.

2. Why did you delete the thread?

I deleted the thread because the discussions were becoming too heated and I did not want to contribute to any further controversy or upset among members. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

3. Are there any consequences for sharing or discussing spoilers?

As a company, we do not condone the sharing or discussing of spoilers before the official release. However, we do not have any specific consequences in place for those who do so. We trust our members to use their own discretion and respect the excitement and anticipation of our new product launches.

4. Will the leaked products still be released as planned?

Yes, the leaked products will still be released as planned. We understand that spoilers can happen and we do not want to disappoint our customers by canceling the release of highly anticipated products.

5. How can I avoid spoilers in the future?

If you do not want to see spoilers, we recommend avoiding forums or discussions about upcoming products and waiting for the official release from Pampered Chef. We also ask that members be respectful of others who may not want to see spoilers and refrain from sharing them without warning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
shelliebeard
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lacychef