• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Everyone Get What They Wanted?

In summary, Amy received a laptop, a watch, a diamond necklace, a crock pot, toaster oven, memory foam slippers, a microfiber robe, a new electric blanket, some lotions, a new Stephen King book, and $100 in Olive Garden gift cards. Her parents gave her shirts and a calendar, and her FIL drew her name in the family gift exchange.
candiejayne
This was my best and most favorite Christmas yet! We had a blast spending time with all of the family, almost everyone was able to attend. Our parents and grandparents were great to us this year!

We got a new stainless steel grill! We have been wanting one, but have not been able to afford one. I also got a remote starter for my car! I can't wait to get it installed sometime soon. We also got quite a bit of money! Its going to help us out greatly! Especially since Christmas morning when we went to leave for my parents house, we found out our 4x4 truck had 2 flat tires.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with our friends, then everyone is coming back to our house to play cards.

My wonderful hubby gave me the complete Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer and my DS gave ma very nice expandable cookbook stand and my DD knows I love Dolphns so she used her own money to buy me a dolphin shaker globe! We are still visiting family and we'll be home soon!

I got EXACTLY what I wanted this Christmas....... AN ENGAGEMENT RING!!! I couldnt have been more suprised! It's still setting in!!

Congratulations, Amy!!! Did you set a date?

Congrats Amy!

I am almost embarrassed to say all the great things I got this year...hubby said I was definitely the one who got the most nice things...

I got my laptop that I had been begging for, a watch, a nice diamond necklace from JB Robinson, a crock pot, toaster oven, some memory foam slippers, a microfiber robe, a new electric blanket (our puppy chewed through our other cord!), some lotions, new Stephen King book, and hubby and I got $100 in Olive Garden gift cards between us...

Congrats on your engagement, Amy!!! That's awesome news. What a great Christmas gift. :)

My parents give DH and I some money each year to use as we deem necessary (this year = bills). They also got me a couple of nice shirts to wear for cooking shows, since I was running low in the wardrobe department. :) And a new calendar for my oversized calendar holder in my kitchen...it's like a tradition. My FIL drew my name in the family gift exchange, and he took DH's advice and got me Season 1 of "Chuck" on DVD. I love that show. And it's one of the first times I've gotten something I REALLY wanted from that side of the fam for Christmas, so I did a little happy dance in my mind when I opened it. DH and I didn't exchange gifts this year, just called the DVD system we bought in September our gift to each other this year.

Hope everyone else got what they were wanting, too!!!

We had a great Christmas. Money is beyond tight this year so for the first time ever we did not buy for each other. I thought it would really bother me but it didn't. We had family over and the kids LOVED what they got from Santa and were happy. It was really great. I hope next year finances are better but it was still a nice day.

DH and I usually just buy things that we need (maybe some shoes, sox, jeans...nothing extravagant....) and we (I) wrap them and put them under the tree so we'll have something to open. There is usually a surprise gift (I got DH some new house shoes and some clip-on light thingys for his workshop and he got me some $$ to go shopping :D (he is smart enough NOT to shop for clothing for me! and, I could use a new sweater for leadership) We are pretty low key though and try not to go overboard.

My DH bought me an Ipod docking-radio (or whatever you call it)...course I told him that idea so he and the boys could get me something. :)

But I was especially happy this year- my DH finally made up with his mom and dad and siblings. He hasn't spoken to them in over 5 months (DH's fault). After she tried to reach out on Sunday (only to get dissed), he called her on Tuesday and apologized and everything is starting to get back to the way it was. :sing:

Last edited:
We had a wonderful Christmas. DD & SIL got me a beautiful new sweater that is short-sleeve and has a belt tie on it. I love it! They also got me a new set of flannel sheets and a flannel throw since I am SO cold-natured and love anything like that. The kids got me a new pair of leg warmers and some long warm gloves. My wrists always get so cold in the shorter gloves.
We went to JCPenny's for the After Christmas Sale today. I got 2 new Playtex bras (sorry if the guys cringe, but it is a real necessity) for $22 on sale between the Semi-Annual Lingerie Sale and the $15 off $75 or more purchased. My DD got a new pair of dress pants, a sweater, and a cute little dress for the baby and we only spent $60! The sales receipt said we saved $125! Now that is a sale!!

I was pleasantly surprised with a laptop from my dh. I am thrilled about it and cane not wait to use it at my shows.

Christmas was a little quiet this year as my father is in the hospital fighting a very bad intestinal infection. He will have to be there for at least anothe week. The combination of chemo and the stomach flu do not work well together. Hopefully he will be on the mend soon.

We have only done 1 Christmas gathering so far. I got a nice winter jacket from MIL and FIL. I picked it out a few weeks ago and MIL picked it up. It's so nice and warm, I've never had a good winter jacket. I also got some gift cards to get a new cell phone which I went out today to get, couldn't wait any longer.Tomorrow DH is paying for me to get my hair cut and dyed. I have never had my hair professionally dyed/highlighted. For the few that met me at conference, I have really long hair, over half way down my back. I'm going to cut off around 12" to donate to Locks of Love. Then get a cute hairstyle and go a little blonder. We have one Christmas gathering tomorrow and one Sunday with the final one on New Year's Day so we'll see what I get over the next week.

Glad everyone got great things and Amy, congratulations on your engagement!

However, not to rain on this parade ... but can I be the first to issue a loud, resounding NO???

My friends, bless them, tried their best. I did get a nice jar candle and an assortment of hot chocolates from Roomie, who is always good with gifts. Another friend ... well, she did what she could.

Got cold, hard cash from the parents, which was nice, but not enough to do much with. Oh well. It will fill up my gas tank or maybe send me to the movies, if I don't blow it on food first.

Speaking of food ... my brother tried to get me to take back his gift because he couldn't afford to get me anything ... I told Sis-in-common law to give me some beef from their overflowing freezer and we'd call it even ... had it for dinner tonight ... to be honest, it was not the greatest.

My sister got me some lotions and stuff which was nice ... the fact that it came in the gift bag from the store was a clue that she waited until today to shop for me, assuming I would not get them anything because I told them times were tough ...

Overalll ... I'm sorry, but I think single people are at a disadvantage. Everyone else has kids, of course you have to do for them. And what do I get in return? One gift from the WHOLE FAMILY if I am lucky ... I know it is my own dumb fault for not getting family gifts ... but it is hard for me not to get in a funk about it ...

I did get a chance to see my 2-year-old great niece. She kissed the singing Minnie I got her, so it was a hit ....

Di_Can_Cook said:
Glad everyone got great things and Amy, congratulations on your engagement!

However, not to rain on this parade ... but can I be the first to issue a loud, resounding NO???

My friends, bless them, tried their best. I did get a nice jar candle and an assortment of hot chocolates from Roomie, who is always good with gifts. Another friend ... well, she did what she could.

Got cold, hard cash from the parents, which was nice, but not enough to do much with. Oh well. It will fill up my gas tank or maybe send me to the movies, if I don't blow it on food first.

Speaking of food ... my brother tried to get me to take back his gift because he couldn't afford to get me anything ... I told Sis-in-common law to give me some beef from their overflowing freezer and we'd call it even ... had it for dinner tonight ... to be honest, it was not the greatest.

My sister got me some lotions and stuff which was nice ... the fact that it came in the gift bag from the store was a clue that she waited until today to shop for me, assuming I would not get them anything because I told them times were tough ...

Overalll ... I'm sorry, but I think single people are at a disadvantage. Everyone else has kids, of course you have to do for them. And what do I get in return? One gift from the WHOLE FAMILY if I am lucky ... I know it is my own dumb fault for not getting family gifts ... but it is hard for me not to get in a funk about it ...

I did get a chance to see my 2-year-old great niece. She kissed the singing Minnie I got her, so it was a hit ....
It doesn't get much better when you get married! I don't think DH has actually bought me a gift in years. Usually he gives me money or I go shopping for myself.

Di, I am sorry that you are having such a rough year..I really feel for you...
I am praying for you that 09 brings some much needed financial relief for you and a nice running car that you don't have to worry about anymore...AND more shows so you can start making some decent extra money! It will happen for you! Keep your chin up and have a great New Year...

StacieB said:
I was pleasantly surprised with a laptop from my dh. I am thrilled about it and cane not wait to use it at my shows.

Christmas was a little quiet this year as my father is in the hospital fighting a very bad intestinal infection. He will have to be there for at least anothe week. The combination of chemo and the stomach flu do not work well together. Hopefully he will be on the mend soon.

Hey Stacie, sorry to hear that your dad is under the weather over the holidays! Prayers for him and the rest of your family that he comes out of it on top and is on the mend as soon as possible!!!

I had an awesome christmas!

My DH actually listened to me and got me stuff I wanted! I got a scarf, gloves, and boots from American Eagle, my DS got me some slippers which are too cute, my inlaws got me a cute silver necklace and earring set, and my parents went all out and got me a wireless mouse for my laptop, a webcam, and a GREEN IPOD SHUFFLE!

My DS was overjoyed when he opened his gifts. He got a bunch of Thomas train stuff and he also got a vmotion system from the grandparents.

And I THINK I actually managed to get my DH something he liked this year. I have the hardest time getting him gifts because all of the things he wants are like truck parts and crap i can't necessarily buy without his knowledge. So i got him a brown motorcycle jacket and a MP3 player/FM radio.

Oh and I got news that my cousin and one of my very close friends are both going to be having babies! So I am super excited for them and it has just been a wonderful christmas for me and my family!

Did everyone get what they wanted?

Jane, sounds like you had an uplifting experience today.

As for me, no, I didn't get what I wanted.

Santa did not put the keys to a new Cadillac CTS or a Mustang GT Convertible in my stocking.

The mortgage company did not return the contract marked "PAID IN FULL."

The dumb a$se$ at Megabucks didn't pick my numbers again, either.

But then, OTOH, it was a nice, relaxing day with the family, no one said anything political or whined about the usual complaints.

Or, as Yogi Yorgeson said in I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas

On da night before Christmas.
Its still in the house,
My family is sleeping,
I’m quiet like a mouse.

I look at my vatch, and midnite is near,
I tink I’ll sneak out, For a cold glass of beer.
Down at the corner, the crowd is so merry,
I end up by drinking about twelve Tom & Yerry,

I get to bed late, and yee vhise how I’m sleeping,
Ven on to my bed, dose darn kids, day come leaping.
Day sit on my face, and day yump on my belly,
And I’m quivering all over, like a bowl full of yelly,
Day scream Merry Christmas, and my poor vife and me,
Ve stumble down stairs, and she lights off da tree.

My head is exploding, my mouth tastes like a pickle,
I step on a skate, and fall on a tricycle.
Yust befor Christmas dinner, I relax to a point,
Den relatives start svarming, all over da yoint.

On Christmas, I hug and I kiss my vifes mother,
Da rest of da year, ve don’t speak to each other.

After dinner, my aunt, and my vifes uncle Louie,
Get into a arguement; dere both awful screwy.
Den all of my vifes family, say Louie is right,
And my goofy relations, day yoin in da fight.

Back in da corner, da radio is playing,
And over da racket, Gabriel Heater is saying,
Peace on earth everybody, and good vill toward men
and yust at dat moment, someone slugs uncle Ben.

Dey all run outside vhooping for da neighbors will hear,
Ohhhh, I’m so glad Merry Christmas,
Comes yust once a year.

You can hear Yogi singing/reciting I Yust Go Nuts At Christmas by clicking on the link.

While you're at it, you can also hear him singing Yingle Bells.

Last edited:
Only you, KG.... I had to stop and think what you meant... I'm a little slow at 1:30 a.m.!

regarding presents under the tree, I got what others thought I might want or might "be" me - wrong. And that includes the annual purse from mother-in-law, she's the purse person, not me. I have more purses than I could ever ever use now.
Oh well, smile and say thank you.
Our family's big present is what I did back in October - withdrew money from my PC account and bought us a trip to Disney. we're going in late January and I got a room at a moderate Disney hotel for $94 a night because of Florida resident and I bought the Florida seasonal passes for us (they last a year from first visit but have blackout dates). The tickets pay for themselves after 3 1/2 days and we can go back a couple times during the year. We hadn't been to Disney for 4 years so I decided to do it.
Little did I know that our PC trip would be Disney. Oh well, PC Disney will be so much better.

Turns out, we'll be getting a GPS, because FIL is being a stubborn old coot and won't use the one the family bought him. So DH is picking it up this weekend and sending money back to his siblings who went in with us on it.

Last edited:
We had a wonderful Christmas. Our son's friend who lived with us for a while spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with us. I confused The Furry Guy's family by getting all excited about receiving a scale that weighs up to 400 pounds. (They didn't hear me say "Postal Scale.") I told them that I'm very compact. LOL!The Furry Guy and I set a low limit this year because of our trip to Dallas for our Baby Boy's graduation. The funny thing is that, among other things, I got beautiful, and The Furry Guy got ugly. Purchasing books from each other's list, he got me You: Being Beautiful, and I got him Ugly's Electrical Guide.

I didn't want or expect a lot this year. My DH asked me for a list because he's usually not very good at gift giving. Last year when I got my laptop, a big exeption!:) So I gave him a list of several things to choose from. Not because I wanted or expected them all, but because I love to be surprised and figured if he had a lot to choose from I wouldn't know what I would get. I even cut things out of flyers for clothes and taped them to cardstock and put my sizes on there. It worked, he got me 2 really cute sweaters, a 23 bottle wine rack, a new laptop bag, 3 books, 2 necklaces and another shirt. I think I did quite well. I did well for him too, I got him an ipod shuffle that I took time to actually fill with music as well, new slippers, Lost Season 4, The dark knight and he always wants socks and boxers so I always get those too. I also got him 2 pair of family guy boxers!:D

DH and I had agreed not to get things for each other this year, but to get things for DS. Now, I'm quite upset at him, as he went out and spent A LOT of money on a gift for me, claiming "it's not from me, it's from DS." It's beautiful and all, but we really did not need to be spending that money. And let's not even get to the part about the agreement. I had seen something he would have LOVED, but decided not to get it because we agreed.

I did get tickets to go see King Tut from my best friend, as well as a throw blanket embroidered with DS's name. My MIL & FIL sent us a check as usual, and my mom's package hasn't gotten her yet. DH's other son sent DS an outfit and some tops that light up, and a picture of himself from Halloween for DH.

I didn't expect or want much of anything, but I enjoyed the day off and being able to spend time with friends.

DH and I have a hard time not buying for each other - but we did cut down quite a bit this year.

He (and DS) got me new snow boots (which I really needed!), a new booklight, new pajamas, and DH bought several small candles for my stocking. There was also a nicely wrapped small box in my stocking...and when I opened it, there was a Premiere Jewelry box....with a very pretty necklace. I asked Micah when he and daddy went to a Premiere Jewelry Party? He just looked confused.:p DH told me that a PJ consultant did a demo at work, and he bought it there. Okay, the necklace was nice and all, but I was more interested in the fact that DS consultants can do demo's at his work!

I only had 1 thing on my Christmas list this year another Libman mop (i know its only under $10 but I needed a new one for my laundry room where we keep the litter box I use a separate mop for it) so middle DS gave me that and new slippers
DD gave me a set of 3 serving bowls on a stand
oldest DS gave me an assortment of Paula Deen sauces and spicesDH didn't give me anything because he bought & installed my waterfall in my backyard in July and I told him at the time he could only buy it if he made it my Christmas, birthday, Valentine, Easter & Mother's day gifts & he promised not to buy anything for me until our anniversary next June!!

raebates said:
The Furry Guy and I set a low limit this year because of our trip to Dallas for our Baby Boy's graduation. The funny thing is that, among other things, I got beautiful, and The Furry Guy got ugly. Purchasing books from each other's list, he got me You: Being Beautiful, and I got him Ugly's Electrical Guide.

Truth be told, The Kat Lady got air conditioning for Christmas - just what she needed when it was -5 last week - but when the air conditioning compressor went south in the Katillac, well, I would rather have spent that loot at the jewelry store but I know she'll remember her Christmas gift next Summer, every time she gets into her kar.

Me? I got an exhaust system.

Don't those sound like romantic gifts?

I love gifts for my car! How much more romantic can you get? My BF is a car guy, so anytime he takes time away from working on the projects in the garage and thinks of my car, I think it's sweet of him!

Right now he is restoring a 74 corvette for a guy he knows. Since the corvette took over my nice warm garage, I think the remote starter for my car is the greatest gift ever!

I was spoiled this year...

SS Microwave
Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven (now the only pce. of cookware that isn't PC)
5 set of PJ's
14 pairs of socks! LOL
Slippers
$100 Starbucks gift card
$100 gift card to my favorite home store
$100 gift card to clothing store
Gardening stuff
Electric Tea Maker
Electric hair roller set
Electric manicure station thingy
Journal, pens, etc.
7 boxes of chocolates (oh the hips)
New mug, mug rug and mouse "rug" LOL (DH)
lots of bath and body stuff
Gold necklace

I could really go on, it sounds bad I know:blushing: But DH and I really gave back this year. We adopted a family for Christmas, we also supported many other charities this year as well. We always set a limit at Christmas but DH did some pretty good shopping.;)

I have been in a bit of a funk as many of you know and I think everyone really wanted to cheer me up:) It worked. LOL now just to find a place for everything.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Don't those sound like romantic gifts?

My definition of romantic is doing something thoughtful for the one you love. This definitely fits my definition. :love:

rennea said:
I was spoiled this year...

SS Microwave
Cast Iron Enamel Dutch Oven (now the only pce. of cookware that isn't PC)
5 set of PJ's
14 pairs of socks! LOL
Slippers
$100 Starbucks gift card
$100 gift card to my favorite home store
$100 gift card to clothing store
Gardening stuff
Electric Tea Maker
Electric hair roller set
Electric manicure station thingy
Journal, pens, etc.
7 boxes of chocolates (oh the hips)
New mug, mug rug and mouse "rug" LOL (DH)
lots of bath and body stuff
Gold necklace

I could really go on, it sounds bad I know:blushing: But DH and I really gave back this year. We adopted a family for Christmas, we also supported many other charities this year as well. We always set a limit at Christmas but DH did some pretty good shopping.;)

I have been in a bit of a funk as many of you know and I think everyone really wanted to cheer me up:) It worked. LOL now just to find a place for everything.

Wow! That is awesome! Enjoy all your goodies!

I just got off the phone with my mom and my bfs mom. Looks like the kids are going to be spoiled big time. They have a few things under the tree for when they return from their moms' house. I was complaining to my mom how over and out my BFs mom went, and she said hmmm... sounds like she has about the same amount as we do. My "MIL" called to ask if she could bring everything out today for our party tomorrow night for the kids. Says that her and her DH plus food and gifts won't all fit in one vehicle... Guess I shouldn't be surprised though, both of them went all out on my BF and myself.

I agree with Rennea though... now, where to put everything! I think the next week the kids and I will go through all of their toys and pick ones out to donate to needy kids. We have a wonderful lady out here that runs a shop out of a church. She is free to all with referals from either the schools or the local village goverments. Otherwise, if you don't have a referal, she is super cheap. A friend of mine a couple years back needed clothes for a new job, she went to her, and she gave her a 30 gallon garbage bag, said it was $10 to fill it. My friend basically got a whole new wardrobe and many items still had the tags on!

She actually called me a few weeks ago, she had heard of our financial problems and called to offer to help us out with anything the kids need, clothes, gifts for Christmas, or even a food basket if we needed it. I really want to give back to her since she does so much good for our community.

That'd be great Andrea...when we get a special blessing in our family, I tell the kids it's also time to give extra too! It's wonderful to share the blessings big or little and so much better than focusing on what you "don't have" because chances are, you really don't NEED it. :)

We had a pretty good Christmas also. My DH got me a new comforter set for our bed and a digital frame. I did tell him not to spend any money on me since we had gone to Disneyland in Oct. For him all he got was a DVD he told me to put all his money towards the credit card since he wants a new tv and I hate having credit card debt. If I didnt get my kids anything for Christmas they would be set. From my mom they each got a dvd, an outfit and pj's and a few toys and from my MIL they each got 2 toys. We got a GC to wally world that I might talk DH into getting a deep freezer, and from my mom we got 72 hr kits that contain stuff for 2 adults so we got 2 of them. 1 for me and dh and 1 for my kids to share. Next year i am definitly thinking about adopting a family from church and spend what I would on them instead of my kids and dh.

Plus I have 2 kids whos bdays are in Jan.

Well, the "inlaws" let a bit ago, the living room is officially looking like the North Pole right before Santa flies out! We still have 4 more groups of presents coming too! OY! We are definatly going to donate some old toys and clothes to that lady!

1. What did you get for Christmas?

I got a new stainless steel grill, a remote starter for my car, and quite a bit of money.

2. Was everyone in the family able to attend?

Yes, almost everyone was able to attend and we had a great time together.

3. What was your favorite gift?

My favorite gift was the stainless steel grill. I have been wanting one for a long time and I am excited to use it.

4. Did your parents and grandparents spoil you this year?

Yes, our parents and grandparents were very generous and we are grateful for their gifts.

5. What are your plans for the rest of Christmas day?

We are going out to dinner with friends and then having them over to our house to play cards. It will be a fun and relaxing evening.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candiejayne
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies