• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Anyone Else Notice That Pampered Chef Didn't Plug Attending

Re: Leadership???LOL the girls here in Florida are completely excited to see snow at Leadership!!! I can't wait! It would be nice to have a location I might actually be able to drive to! I paid over $400 each for airline tickets to conf and...
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
Did anyone else notice that Pampered Chef didn't plug attending Leadership in Denver? They usually have a segment on why to go to beautiful...and learn...where you will... What do you think is up with that? I know I was dreading dealing with the airport, but I wouldn't miss a leadership summit for anything.

Re: Leadership???Hmmmm...good point...
no details on C C either - just "Join us in Denver..."

Re: Leadership???I'm just excited if it'll work out for me to go; I can drive there:thumbup:

Re: Leadership???I'm worried about flying to Denver in January :eek:

Re: Leadership???Denver ----- January Who's idea was that?????????????????

Re: Leadership???Well they did Cincinnati last year and that was very iffy in January!

Re: Leadership???Denver in January isn't too bad. My sister lives in Colorado Springs, which is about 1 hour south. They're both high enough in the mountains that snow passes right over them. And when there is snow, the crews know how to deal with it. HO has to plan our events in cities that have large enough convention centers and enough nearby hotel rooms to hold us all. That greatly reduces the number of possible locations.And, frankly, I'd rather go to Denver in January than, say, Orlando ever.

Re: Leadership???And, frankly, I'd rather go to Denver in January than, say, Orlando ever.[/QUOTE]
Or, come to Kansas City in January.....not such a good place to be in the middle of winter either!!

Re: Leadership???Question for a semi newbie here.

Leadership is only for directors? Leadership is more structured than conferance?

Re: Leadership???
cwinter474 said:
Question for a semi newbie here.

Leadership is only for directors? Leadership is more structured than conferance?

FD and above. All you have to do is show up with two signed agreements and they will let you in.

Re: Leadership???Does anyone remember/know the approximate schedule for Leadership?
I can't remember what time it started/ended in '08 and I am looking into flights...

Re: Leadership???It is Jan 8-10. That information at least is on CC already.
cwinter474 said:
Leadership is only for directors? Leadership is more structured than conference?
Leadership is FDs and above. It is a little more structured than conference. Not necessarily in the schedule, but in the material presented. Because there is such a wide variety of consultants represented at Conference, some of the workshops are designed to appeal to consultants from hobbyists on up. But since Leadership is for people who have shown at least some commitment to recruiting and building a strong business, there aren't any punches pulled. For example, a NC speaker may say, "If you do 2 shows a week..." but a Leadership speaker will say, "Since you're all doing 2 shows a week, and if you aren't you should be..."

Re: Leadership???I'm excited and want to go as well to Leadership! :> Can't wait to see how much the airfare will be..

smilesarepriceless said:
I'm excited and want to go as well to Leadership! :> Can't wait to see how much the airfare will be..

That's why I'm so excited that it's only 5 hours away from me....we can all pile in my director's suburban & split the gas!

Re: Leadership???Leadership is usally held about 1 week after New Year's. This year it was held Jan. 10-12. Not sure if it's posted anywhere yet but it should be held probably January 8-10 2009. Don't hold me to it though!

Re: Leadership???I heard quite a few people saying they were passing this year...I never would, but I am wondering if the air traffic issues they have had in Denver last winter made a negative impression.

I called HO yesterday and they rep had no info...

Re: Leadership???I was looking at airfare a few weeks ago and from socal to Denver was $158 RT

I don't know if that has changed, but not bad considering the airline issues and crisis

chefann said:

HO has to plan our events in cities that have large enough convention centers and enough nearby hotel rooms to hold us all. That greatly reduces the number of possible locations....

And, frankly, I'd rather go to Denver in January than, say, Orlando ever....

WHAT!!!! My friend - I LOVE Florida!!! AND I don't have to buy muk-luks to keep warm.

WELL ~ They certainly didn't ask me!!! How about Arizona, California, Texas (again) Georgia, Louisiana --- ANYTHING South of the snow zone!!! :eek:

PCGINA said:
WHAT!!!! My friend - I LOVE Florida!!! AND I don't have to buy muk-luks to keep warm.

WELL ~ They certainly didn't ask me!!! How about Arizona, California, Texas (again) Georgia, Louisiana --- ANYTHING South of the snow zone!!! :eek:

LOL the girls here in Florida are completely excited to see snow at Leadership!!! I can't wait! It would be nice to have a location I might actually be able to drive to! I paid over $400 each for airline tickets to conf and leadership.

riggs62 said:
LOL the girls here in Florida are completely excited to see snow at Leadership!!! I can't wait! It would be nice to have a location I might actually be able to drive to! I paid over $400 each for airline tickets to conf and leadership.

Us TEXAS girls too! What's snow again?

Re: Leadership???I'm glad they didn't do anything too drastic. Ending earlier to cut costs works great for me!

The buffet lunch is interesting, too...

Re: Leadership???Here's the email HO sent today:

Now that National Conference has ended, we know you are looking forward to traveling to Denver for Leadership Summit 2009 – an opportunity for you as a Pampered Chef leader to be recognized, learn and grow. It’s a great way to kick off your business for the new year – and have some fun too!

Scheduling your travel:
To get the best fare, make your travel plans early. We encourage you to arrive at the Convention Center anytime between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 8 to enjoy a buffet luncheon before General Session starts promptly at 1 p.m. For early birds, we’ll see you when Registration and Booths open at 8 a.m.

Leadership Summit will end at noon on Saturday, Jan. 10. We are ending earlier than in the past to make it easier for those who travel a long distance to return home that day, thus minimizing travel costs. Also new this year, we’re providing a grab-and-go snack bag for your trip home.

Consider your travel options:
Consider planes, trains, and automobiles! More than 20 airlines fly to Denver. Check out Travel: Airfares, hotels, vacations, cruises, car rentals and more at Travelocity.com and Orbitz: Cheap Travel, Flights, Hotels, Vacations, Car Rentals, Cruise, Activities for your air travel options. Fares vary daily. Keep checking as sometimes airlines adjust fares at the end of the month. Please remember that you should leave the Denver Convention Center at least 2 ½ hours before the time of your departing flight for transfer to and check-in at the airport.

Also, there is an Amtrak station in downtown Denver just a short cab ride from the Convention Center and the Leadership Summit hotels. Check out fares and schedules at Amtrak.

See you in sunny Denver which boasts 300 sunshine-filled days a year. Coming in September, watch for more details about the Leadership Summit Agenda and Registration.

Re: Leadership???Perfect timing! I was just looking for flights today. :D

Re: Leadership???The price is really good! Right now it is only $1458-188 roundtrip from San Antonio. I hate to miss Leadership, but (before I promoted) I was considering not going. Now, there is no way I'm going to miss it. I wish (for everyone else) that they would keep it in a warm(er) location because some people have to purchase cold weather clothes to wear, but if it is in the southern states you don't have to purchase special clothes to attend.

Re: Leadership???$1458????? I hope that is a typo!

Re: Leadership???I saw flights from Phila to Denver (round trip) for $238 - hmm...

Re: Leadership???$259.38 from Chicago Midway to Denver on travelocity. I doubt I'll be going, but the high price I saw in an earlier post made me curious.

Re: Leadership???I was finding flights for $199 from Chicago when I checked last week. Southwest hasn't fully opened their schedule, so I'll probably wait and book with them.

Re: Leadership???Even when we went to Dallas a couple of years ago, there was a huge ice storm that hit like the day after we were there. So...you never know about weather anymore!! I'm much more excited about Denver (Lots of cool things to do as well!) than Cinncinati!!

Re: Leadership???I just happened to be looking at flights this morning too...before I got the email. Ok, so when (if ever) was the last Leadership Summit in Sacramento? Weather in Jan is fairly mild (just rain and it's about 50 degrees) and SURELY they can accomodate everyone with the convention center and hotels!

linojackie said:
Ok, so when (if ever) was the last Leadership Summit in Sacramento? Weather in Jan is fairly mild (just rain and it's about 50 degrees) and SURELY they can accomodate everyone with the convention center and hotels!

I've been PC almost 8 yrs Jackie...the closest was Long Beach , CA a few years back.

Re: Leadership???Ok, as a director, I should be slapped with a Mega Scraper but I have to weigh if it is REALLY worth it to spend (with air, ticket and hotel) about $500 to $700 for Leadership?

I have relatives in Denver that I would love to visit and I have never been farther west than St. Louis. BUT, I really have to weight it out if it is really worth it.

School starts back up for us on Jan. 5 and every year as I wish I were there, I find that there is some problem that crops up in my department and I always say...it's a good thing I am not out of town.

Then there is the other part of me that knows the boost in moral alone would be awesome.

This of all years would be a year I would consider going, but just not convinced that it is worth the cost.

So get those micro, master and mega scrapers out...and slap me silly. For those of you who have been, tell me why the investment would pay off. Also, keep in mind that we knew the new product line shortly after Leadership ended.

Re: Leadership???Flights from Louisville are $200, but I just noticed PC said you need 2.5 hours from the convention center to when your flight takes off. I wish I knew what hotels they were using because with travelocity we can get discounts combining hotels and flights...

baychef said:
So get those micro, master and mega scrapers out...and slap me silly. For those of you who have been, tell me why the investment would pay off. Also, keep in mind that we knew the new product line shortly after Leadership ended.

um... 'cuz I'm gonna be there! :D

Just kidding. sorta...

The training at Leadership is more focused than that at Conference. If you think your business could use a boost and you could use some training, then consider going. But I totally understand about it being a big investment.

baychef said:

Well, first of all you need to be there because I plan on walking as a new director :chef:.

But in case you need another reason, remember the energy you get at Conference? It's like a shot in the arm for your business. And by January, you're pooped from the holidays and it's hard to get back in the swing. Leadership gives you that shot in the arm and momentum to get going, network with leaders (and the workshops are great b/c they're aimed at leaders). Plus we usually get some great goodies and "if you attended Leadership, we'll give you XX" incentives.

Yes, it's worth the time and money. I will never, never, never miss another Leadership, and you shouldn't either. You'll be glad you did.

Commercial over;)

Re: Leadership???Kristen and Ann, you make good points! I will ponder this a bit further. Seems like I always poop out. What if I have a travel agent...would that help? I really don't have time to keep watching airfares. (ok and there is a laziness to that too!)

chefann said:
um... 'cuz I'm gonna be there! :D

Well, first of all you need to be there because I plan on walking as a new director .

These were the most convincing reasons!!:chef:

Re: Leadership???Yes, Leadership can be expensive...But, it is absolutely worth every penny spent!!

Usually, PC offers a way to earn it half priced or free. Now, we have a sweet recruiting deal going on that will earn us PC dollars that we can spend on the conference fee. We still have the flight ...there is no way I can drive there in one day(without losing my mind)...and hotel.

I have seen directors miss leadership. They usually can't keep up the momentum. It is like conference for the go-getters on your team. If you get them there, they will take off with their businesses. Leadership is great because it keeps people like me that need motivation, steady...

I know I cannot afford to miss leadership, even at $500-$700 because I will make it back many times over.

baychef said:
Ok, as a director, I should be slapped with a Mega Scraper but I have to weigh if it is REALLY worth it to spend (with air, ticket and hotel) about $500 to $700 for Leadership?

OK, so I have to chime in here about the value of Leadership, and conferences as a whole. I will never miss a conference unless I PHYSICALLY have to. Let me explain what I mean by that (this will sound crazy, but for those of you who have experienced the value it adds, you'll understand my madness :rolleyes: ):

I got to go on my first PC incentive trip this year in April, and returned home with the best souvenir of a Caribbean Cruise ever: a baby due Jan. 12th. Given that Leadership dates are Jan. 8-10, it appears that my attendance at that summit in Denver (coming from Austin, TX) is not particularly probable, right? Well, my first daughter came perfectly healthy at a month early, so I'm thinking that may happen again. I can't buy a ticket yet, but it is one of the top things on my agenda if I do go into labor a month early (I have family in Denver who could help take care of a new born).

If one or two of my downline promote to Director before Leadership, and this baby doesn't come early enough, my family and I are talking about driving there together so that if I went into labor on the way, my husband would be there. Once in Denver, if it happened, that would be ok as my mom and sisters (one of whom would be walking), will be there, too.

OK, if you've read this far, you KNOW that I am off my rocker!!! First, know that my baby's health comes first, so some of what I've said is only pie-in-the-sky dreaming that could only happen if absolutely everything is clear and all is healthy.

The point is, I want to be there so badly that this far out, in a seemingly impossible situation, I am still trying to find a way I can be there because it is THAT important.

Now, why is that? When I first joined PC just over 4 years ago, I started recruiting immediately to get free cookware. I thought I would promote less than 6 months after I joined. I had 5 recruits signed before I was out of my Super Starter period. I then had all but two of them drop off by the time of Leadership in San Antonio, and I had just had a second miscarriage about a month before Leadership. I was going to quit entirely, but I went anyway, since I'd already paid through Conference Club, and I enjoy San Antonio anyway. If it weren't for the speaker, the camaraderie with my extended cluster, the workshops, the new product announcements, the freebies, the uplifting examples and stories, and much, much more that I got that first time, I would have quit my business at that point and wallowed in self-pity. Instead, I have a business I am proud to call my own, and I get rewarded and uplifted by the people involved with it at every turn from those at Home Office, to my team, to my hosts, and to my customers. I have my down moments, but the uplift that I count on from conference and Leadership help me get through those. :)

So that would be my reasons why I think that it is a can't miss! :) Ardi

Re: Leadership???Being new to PC, I don't know what it takes to go to Leadership but I will be there...well here. If anyone need info about Denver, where to stay, etc. I can help. We have some great public transportation in the form of the Light rail train. The train goes right to the convention center so you don't necessarily have to stay downtown. There are hotel/motels close to the light rail lines that are much cheaper, to include a Residence Inn where many people can stay and share expenses.Just a thought and I hope I can be at the Leadership conference (I might just sneak in if I can't qualify for some reason:)Robert

Re: Leadership???Robert, you just have to have 2 active consultants on your team. (makes you a future director!)

Re: Leadership???I am sure hoping on going I am starting to plan it .... I am hoping to possibly promote to director

Re: Leadership???I am planning on going, but I'm but a lowly consultant right now. I'm trying like the dickens to promote to FD soon...I have one recruit pretty interested. It's tough to plan on going to Denver if I don't know if it's going to happen. It's one of my goals on my wall. But, it would be nice to be able to shop for airfare now. I just hope I can get FD by the end of Sept. so I can still get some flight deals to Denver!

Re: Leadership???So glad I live close enough to drive, so I don't have to worry about flights this time!

Re: Leadership???I live in Grand Junction which is on the west side of the Rocky Mountains. Driving over the pass (10,000+ feet) can be tricky that time of year. I am thinking about taking the train.
I wish they would go to a more temperate climate like San Diego, or Santa Fe or even Savannah.

Re: Leadership???I was checking flights from Seattle yesterday, since my goal is to attend leadership. They aren't to bad at $238 RT. A lot better than NC at $500+.

I WILL to see you all there. :)

1. Did anyone else notice that Pampered Chef didn't plug attending Leadership in Denver?

Yes, this has been a common question among Pampered Chef consultants. Many have noticed that there was no mention of attending Leadership in Denver during recent company communications or events.

2. They usually have a segment on why to go to beautiful...and learn...where you will...

It is true that Pampered Chef typically promotes attending Leadership events as an opportunity to experience a beautiful location, learn valuable skills, and connect with other consultants. However, this time around, the company has chosen not to highlight these aspects.

3. What do you think is up with that?

There could be a variety of reasons for Pampered Chef's decision not to promote attending Leadership in Denver. It could be due to budget constraints, changes in company priorities, or simply a different marketing approach. Unfortunately, we do not have any official information on the matter.

4. I know I was dreading dealing with the airport, but I wouldn't miss a leadership summit for anything.

We understand that traveling can be stressful, but we are glad to hear that you are willing to attend the Leadership summit regardless. We believe that the value and benefits of attending will outweigh any inconveniences you may encounter during your journey.

5. What should I do if I still have concerns about attending Leadership in Denver?

If you have any concerns or questions about attending Leadership in Denver, we encourage you to reach out to your upline or the Pampered Chef support team. They will be able to provide more information and address any specific concerns you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tina Berger
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tina Berger
  • gwyn26
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
MLinAZ
  • janetupnorth