• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Lawsuit/Antifreeze?

In summary, Joanne's friend received a rumor that Pampered Chef was being sued because they use Anti-Freeze in some of their products. She searched the web and found nothing, so she asked Joanne for more information. Joanne found that the Chillzanne line is being discontinued because of costs, not because of any lawsuits. There is no rumor about the ice cream scoop containing anti-freeze.
ChefinHarmony
Has anyone heard of this? I had a friend (whom I trust) reply to my monthly newsletter saying "I heard a rumor that Pampered Chef was being sued because they use Anti-Freeze in some of their products!?" And she honestly wanted to know.

I did a search on the web and nothing came up. I asked her for more details (like if she read it anywhere) and I'm going to ask my Director if she knows anything.

Just wondered if anyone else heard this? I put a big blurb about the Chillzanne being discontinued, so maybe that's what reminded her. Also, I thought I heard someone say once before that was what is in our Ice Cream Dipper?

I don't mean to cause a stir, just didn't see anything about it on Chefsuccess either....
Joanne

Its not Anti-freeze in the chillzannes or ice cream scoop. There is a thread on here but TRUST me, PC is not stupid enough to give us products that could potentially harm a customer.

The chillzanne line is being discontinued because of costs. They were going to have to raise the cost anywhere from $10-20 per item so they would not pass that burden onto the customers.

what???? I've been aroung PC for 20+ years and I've never heard anything like this.

Oh yeah- you can call HO and ask for the name of the liquid in the servers. :) They are happy to help us serve our customers better.

I did a search on this site and couldn't find anything about it. Do you have the link to the thread?

I know they wouldn't purposely do something. I just thought I would ask since this question came from a good friend who is well educated and informed on the latest news. I thought about the source of the question before I looked into it...

Thanks!
Joanne

Many crazy rumors start because someone heard it from a "reliable source". I get dozens of emails every week telling me that such and such has happened. One of the ones that really irritates me the most is the ones where someone "makes up" the kidnapping of a child. The best source for rumors/facts I have found is TruthOrFiction.com-Is that forwarded email Truth or Fiction? Research into stories, scams, hoaxes, myths, and urban legends on the Internet. I just searched on their site for "Pampered Chef" and there is no rumors on there. That means that someone hasn't reported this particular set of rumors yet. I heard someone say that the ice cream scoop contains a "anti-freeze-like substance" but not anti-freeze. That may have been where that particular rumor started!

I haven't heard the rumor, but it's probably just a matter of time. I've used the "the liquid inside works like anti-freeze" line for years. My guess is that someone at a show heard only about half of what a consultant said. Then, like the old game of telephone, it changed as word spread.You can assure your friend that every one of our products is safe.

That is absurd!! To think that they would put anti-freeze in a product. But it can't have anything to do with the chillzanne pieces as those freeze.
I agree probably someone overheard something and is just starting rumors.

I agree with my little sis Chris that it's absurd to think that PC would use anti-freeze in a product. I would also contact HO with questions on how to deal with these kinds of silly questions.

1. What is the "Pampered Chef Lawsuit" about?

The "Pampered Chef Lawsuit" refers to a class action lawsuit filed against the company in 2003, alleging that some of their stoneware products contained traces of lead and antimony, which are potentially harmful substances.

2. Is it true that Pampered Chef products contain antifreeze?

No, this is a misconception. The lawsuit alleged that some of the stoneware products contained trace amounts of ethylene glycol, which is used in antifreeze, but it was not added intentionally and the levels were well below what is considered harmful.

3. What steps has Pampered Chef taken to address the lawsuit?

Pampered Chef has settled the lawsuit and agreed to make changes to their manufacturing process and testing procedures. They also offer a replacement program for any customers who purchased the affected stoneware products.

4. Are there any ongoing concerns about Pampered Chef products and safety?

No, there are no current concerns about the safety of Pampered Chef products. The company has implemented stricter testing and quality control measures to ensure the safety of their products.

5. Can I still purchase and use Pampered Chef products without worry?

Yes, you can continue to purchase and use Pampered Chef products without worry. The company has taken steps to ensure the safety of their products and all current products meet safety standards. If you have any concerns, you can contact Pampered Chef for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • cochef