• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did a Woman Really Get a New Anus Instead of a Leg Operation?

In summary, a woman goes for a leg operation, but gets a new anus instead. This is a really bad day for her.
That's a really bad day.

Oh.. you know she's going to end up the butt of many a joke... Doh!

Lisa, that is horrible, but(t) very funny!!

She deserves a little prayer from everyone. That truly is horrible!

Point taken. Normally that would have been first in my mind, but I was reeling from shock. Thanks for reminding us! I can't imagine being in her position and dealing with that. Talk about a HUGE settlement...

Hopefully she'll get the surgery she needs done soon so she has a leg to stand on when she takes the hospital to court.

janetupnorth said:
Hopefully she'll get the surgery she needs done soon so she has a leg to stand on when she takes the hospital to court.

*groan*

True, it is a very horrible situation. Lots of mistakes are made in hospitals, unfortunately. I think if I were scheduled for surgery, I'd write a few instructions in Sharpie... like "operate here" would be good and perhaps "have you removed all instruments?" might be another...

lkprescott said:
*groan*

True, it is a very horrible situation. Lots of mistakes are made in hospitals, unfortunately. I think if I were scheduled for surgery, I'd write a few instructions in Sharpie... like "operate here" would be good and perhaps "have you removed all instruments?" might be another...
Or please leave this arm attached!

That is a good idea! I'll remember that next time I have surgery. Hopefully not time soon.

WOW :eek: :eek:

Actually when my husband had surgery on his knee, they did have him initial it in Sharpie confirming that was the correct knee to operate on. I was really amused when they did it, but now I realizing they were covering their butts... ;)P.S. If I'd read this post before I'd had my kids I might have written the one about removing all instruments on my belly.

just because they have a patient sign, or the nurse sign for that matter that it works. Last week (or was it 2 weeks now), DH and I watched the news and a guy had the wrong knee operated on....the pictures clearly show the nurse's initials. The dr's response was 'i was just doing him a favor it was in both knees". Mind you he went in for one not both!! ARGH!

I think I heard on the news last night that a woman was operated on recently & they took out the wrong kidney.

Related to Did a Woman Really Get a New Anus Instead of a Leg Operation?

What is "Oh My Goodness..."?

"Oh My Goodness..." is a line of all-natural, gluten-free snack bars made with wholesome ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. They are perfect for on-the-go snacking and are great for anyone looking for a healthy and delicious snack option.

Are "Oh My Goodness..." bars suitable for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Oh My Goodness..." bars are gluten-free, dairy-free, and contain no artificial ingredients or preservatives. They are also made in a facility that is free from peanuts and tree nuts, making them suitable for those with common allergies.

What flavors do "Oh My Goodness..." bars come in?

Currently, "Oh My Goodness..." bars come in four delicious flavors: Cranberry Almond, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter, Blueberry Cashew, and Maple Pecan. Each flavor is made with real ingredients and has a unique and satisfying taste.

Are "Oh My Goodness..." bars healthy?

Absolutely! "Oh My Goodness..." bars are made with clean, whole food ingredients and are free from artificial sweeteners and preservatives. They are also a good source of protein, fiber, and healthy fats, making them a nutritious and satisfying snack option.

Where can I purchase "Oh My Goodness..." bars?

"Oh My Goodness..." bars can be purchased through independent Pampered Chef consultants or through the Pampered Chef website. They are also available at select retail locations. Check our website for the most up-to-date list of places to purchase "Oh My Goodness..." bars.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Trish in Texas