• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Diabetic Desserts: Recipes and Tips for a Healthy Sweet Tooth

D
deener
Hello-

Does anyone have any diabetic desserts that they've done at a show, or modified an existing PC recipe for diabetics?

Thanks!

deener said:
Hello-

Does anyone have any diabetic desserts that they've done at a show, or modified an existing PC recipe for diabetics?

Thanks!
I also need any diabetic recipes that anyone has as well.

I guess it really depends on the type of diabetes. I am a Type 1 diabetic, and I can eat anything. I just have to know how many carbs i'm eating and I give myself an injection of insulin depending on that. As far as Type 2 diabetics go, (and I could be wrong since I'm not a Type 2) something with lower sugar or splenda substitute would probably do nicely.

Why not the Strawberry Amaretto pastries? Just substitute Splenda for sugar. The rest is pretty low in sugar already except the fructose in the strawberries.

You could also do an Angel Food Cake trifle with sugar free pudding and fruits . . . I did one a while back for that exact reason and it was a huge hit with the diabetic person in attendance as well as the rest of the crowd because it was diet friendly.

1. What are some diabetic-friendly desserts that I can make at home?

There are plenty of delicious diabetic dessert options that you can make at home. Some ideas include sugar-free fruit salad, low-carb cheesecake, and sugar-free chocolate mousse. You can also modify existing recipes to make them more diabetic-friendly by using sugar substitutes and whole grain flours.

2. Can you recommend any diabetic dessert recipes that have been tested at a show?

Yes, there are many diabetic dessert recipes that have been tested and approved at shows. One popular option is a sugar-free apple crisp made with almond flour and stevia. You can also find many recipes online that have been tried and tested by others with diabetes.

3. How can I modify existing Pampered Chef recipes to make them suitable for diabetics?

There are a few simple ways to modify existing Pampered Chef recipes to make them more diabetic-friendly. You can use sugar substitutes like stevia or erythritol instead of sugar, reduce the amount of carbs by using almond or coconut flour, and choose low-sugar or sugar-free ingredients.

4. Are there any tips for making desserts that won't spike blood sugar levels?

One tip for making diabetic-friendly desserts is to focus on using whole, unprocessed ingredients. This means using whole grain flours, natural sweeteners like stevia and honey, and incorporating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables into your desserts. You can also try using alternative sweeteners like monk fruit or xylitol.

5. Can I still enjoy sweet treats if I have diabetes?

Absolutely! With the right ingredients and modifications, you can still enjoy delicious desserts even if you have diabetes. It's important to pay attention to portion sizes and choose healthier options like fruit-based desserts or ones made with whole grains. Remember to always consult with your doctor or a registered dietitian for personalized recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • chefsteph07
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lilscrapmama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies