1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Diabetic desserts

1. deener

deener Guest

Hello-

Does anyone have any diabetic desserts that they've done at a show, or modified an existing PC recipe for diabetics?

Thanks!

Oct 7, 2009
  2. ChefMichele1

ChefMichele1 Member

I also need any diabetic recipes that anyone has as well.

Oct 26, 2009
  3. I guess it really depends on the type of diabetes. I am a Type 1 diabetic, and I can eat anything. I just have to know how many carbs i'm eating and I give myself an injection of insulin depending on that. As far as Type 2 diabetics go, (and I could be wrong since I'm not a Type 2) something with lower sugar or splenda substitute would probably do nicely.

Nov 12, 2009
  4. Why not the Strawberry Amaretto pastries? Just substitute Splenda for sugar. The rest is pretty low in sugar already except the fructose in the strawberries.

Nov 12, 2009
  5. Juddel

Juddel Novice Member Gold Member

You could also do an Angel Food Cake trifle with sugar free pudding and fruits . . . I did one a while back for that exact reason and it was a huge hit with the diabetic person in attendance as well as the rest of the crowd because it was diet friendly.

Nov 13, 2009
Have something to add?