1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Deluxe Mini-Flutted Pan

1. M/SPampered

M/SPampered Novice Member

Can anyone tell me how to remove the cake out of this pan? I have tried leaving it to cool off before removing it and still had a hard time getting it out without falling apart. I even loosen the side with a plastic knife thinking it will fall out easily but no.... instead it fell apart leaving it a big mess for clean-up. Cleaning this pan is also a pain. Thank God, I have the cleaning brush with me as the nylon scraper can't do any good cleaning this pan. I still have to use elbow greese to really clean the "in-between" cracks and gave it a thorough clean job which took me forever and my arm aches after that. :( I doubt I will ever introduce this item to the guest fearing the same feedback would be what I experienced. Please help!

M/SPampered
    Independent Kitchen Consultant

Jan 26, 2006
  2. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Oil?

Do you oil it well? I have no problem. I use it every year for my daughter's birthday for the mini-pumpkin cakes! (She is a Halloween baby!)

I let the cakes cool about 25 minutes and then I flip them out.

Hope you can get it to work!

Jan 26, 2006
  3. M/SPampered

M/SPampered Novice Member

Fruit76loop, thanks to your suggestion. Btw, I did oil it and floured lightly before I pour the batter into the pan. Still no luck at all. I'm afraid to use it after this bad experience. Maybe, I should keep practising it till I get it right.

Jan 26, 2006
  4. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

I have never floured my stones, so I don't know if this is what is making the cakes stick?? Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Jan 26, 2006
  5. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Try using "Pan-Ease"

Combine 1/3 vegetable oil, 1/3 shortening, and 1/3 flour. Mix together well (store leftovers in fridge...will keep indefinitely). Use a pastry brush to brush the pan lightly with the mixture before adding the cake mix.

Hope this helps,
    Sandy

Jan 27, 2006
  6. Kristi

Kristi

I use Baker's Joy Spray in my fluted pan and my mini fluted pan. My cakes just drop right out. I flip them out as soon as they come out of the oven/microwave, but I leave the pan on top of them for 10-15 minutes after they're flipped.

Feb 7, 2006
  7. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

I don't have the mini, but do have the regular sized fluted pan. I just spray the heck out of it with Pam. I think the first time I used it, it stuck just a tad (luckily not at a show), but as it becomes more seasoned, stuff comes out easier.

8. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Mini-Fluted Pan

Will your family eat meatloaf? Fix mini meatloaves in the pan to help season it. I spray mine with whatever I have in the cabinet at the time. I loosen around the sides with the quikut knife after it's cooled about 10 minutes. They fall right out. I use the pan a lot for kid's cakes and used for gifts to my December hostess (poinsettia cakes). Haven't had a problem using.
    Yes, cleaning it was the problem. Now, I just use the green Scott scour pads. I don't know their official name. They come 3-4 in a pack and are about 1/4" thick, probably 4x6 ish in size. You can also get them were they are yellow sponged on one side, but I'm not a sponge person.
    I think I should've posted this in Product tips. Not sure what it has to do with Theme Shows.

Feb 7, 2006
Have something to add?