• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Use a Deluxe Cheese Grater for Pecans and Tips for Selling?

In summary, the recipe says to use it with pecans grated on top. My question is do I use the barrel with the larger holes or the smaller holes. I went to CC to the use and care guide and it doesn't mention nuts.
Jenni
I borrowed it from someone to use at a show tonight. The recipe say so use it for pecans grated on top. My ? is do I use the barrel with the larger holes or the smaller holes. I went to CC to the use and care guide and it doesn't mention nuts.
Any key wording/tips to selling them? This is my first time using it...

I would use the larger one for nuts.

For selling, they are not only grate (sp intended -he-he) for cheese but for nuts and chocolate chips. My kids LOVE grating chocolate chips over desserts and it makes them look fancy!

I love these boards... grated chocolate chips will be on my pudding this afternoon. YUM-O
Thanks

Jenni said:
I love these boards... grated chocolate chips will be on my pudding this afternoon. YUM-O
Thanks

Fun in hot chocolate too in the winter! ;)

I agree with Janet and would use the large barrel, too.

I agree with Janet, I only use the smaller one for fine chocolate or parm cheese. I use mine at my shows with the potato demo to show instant hashbrowns. You can also use it for carrots and chocolate like mentioned above.

wadesgirl said:
I agree with Janet, I only use the smaller one for fine chocolate or parm cheese. I use mine at my shows with the potato demo to show instant hashbrowns. You can also use it for carrots and chocolate like mentioned above.

You rock... hash browns my mouth is watering :angel: heavon

Heya since we're talking about it...does anyone have problems getting the cheese stuck in the barrel? EVERY time I use mine it globs up in the barrel and doesn't come out! Am I doing something wrong?

to keep the cheese from globbing up in the barrel.... take half a block of the cheese and place it on a paper towel for 12 seconds in the microwave.. the oils will rise to the surface and no sticking whatsoever..... it literally just falls out of the grater

crissy11 said:
to keep the cheese from globbing up in the barrel.... take half a block of the cheese and place it on a paper towel for 12 seconds in the microwave.. the oils will rise to the surface and no sticking whatsoever..... it literally just falls out of the grater

cool! Thank you! I'm gonna try it right now

Kristina21 said:
cool! Thank you! I'm gonna try it right now

Well did you do it? Did it work like she said???

I actually do a couple small chuncks in the microwave at a time. If you microwave too much cheese by the time it gets down to the end, it's back to normal temp and doesn't come out as easy! But it does work.

I use the small barrel for nuts in the grater - it pulverizes them into a really fine powder.

I have used the Cheese grater for chocolate chips too, and the girls at one
party suggested it would be great on the top of hot chocolate that you
have topped with whipped cream, and then grate the CC over the top for
a garnish!

I need your help in figuring out what or how to make the chocolate curls
that you see on fancy cookies and cakes. My hostess last night wondered
if the Zester would do it, and I tried unsuccessfully today with a square of
semi sweet baking chocolate. That was all I had. Forgive me to popping this
question in here. I still have not figured out how to begin a topic??? Can
someone lift this question and make it a thread for me?

Vegetable peeler. The chocolate should be a little warmer than room temp. There are probably instructions on epicurious.com or one of those other cooking sites.

1. How do I use the Deluxe Cheese Grater to grate pecans?

To grate pecans with the Deluxe Cheese Grater, simply place the pecans in the grater and use a back and forth motion to grate them. Make sure to hold the grater securely and use caution to avoid any injuries. The result will be finely grated pecans that are perfect for baking or adding to salads and other dishes.

2. Can the Deluxe Cheese Grater be used for other types of nuts?

Yes, the Deluxe Cheese Grater can be used to grate a variety of nuts such as almonds, walnuts, and hazelnuts. Just follow the same process of placing the nuts in the grater and using a back and forth motion to grate them.

3. What are some tips for selling the Deluxe Cheese Grater to first time users?

When selling the Deluxe Cheese Grater to first time users, be sure to highlight its versatility and how it can be used for grating not just cheese, but also nuts, chocolate, and vegetables. You can also mention its durable construction and how it is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can the Deluxe Cheese Grater be used for grating other types of food besides cheese and nuts?

Yes, the Deluxe Cheese Grater can also be used for grating chocolate, garlic, ginger, and even hard vegetables like carrots and zucchini. The different grating options on the grater make it a versatile tool for a variety of grating needs.

5. Is the Deluxe Cheese Grater easy to clean?

Yes, the Deluxe Cheese Grater is designed for easy cleaning. It is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away to prevent any rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Windy City Pampered Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmary
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies