• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Skillet Lasagna and Garlic Bites for Your Next Gathering

In summary, the Skillet Lasagna will be enough for 12 people, but a double recipe in the 12" skillet will serve more. The garlic bites can be made in a small stone (small oval or mini baker), but I recommend serving them with a side salad or other snacks.
kam
Staff member
I am making Skillet Lasagna (and Garlic Bites) for a show on Saturday.

For awhile, my host thought there might only be around 7 people. Now she has 12 confirmed - plus herself!

Is the Skillet Lasagna going to be enough for all those people? I know that everyone won't take full servings, but was wondering if it would be enough for that many people to get a good sample?

I am making the garlic bites also (but since I am using the 8" saute I can probably only go from using 5 biscuits to 6).

Thanks!

I've made it at a show and it made small but decent sized servings for 8-9. I'd be nervous about trying to squeek out that many servings from this. There is room for additional pasta in the skillet, but you'd have to adjust everything else accordingly.

Also, so you're not redundant...why not make the garlic bites in a small stone (small oval or mini baker)?

Just remember it's technically supposed to be a sampling of the food not actually making them dinner. If the host is worried, have her serve a layered salad on the side or other munchies.

wadesgirl said:
Just remember it's technically supposed to be a sampling of the food not actually making them dinner. If the host is worried, have her serve a layered salad on the side or other munchies.
I know, All my hosts seeem to think I am there to make a main menu item when if fact it's only supposed to be a sample! So I definitely always recommend they get a side dish or snacks to go with it!;)

I've never made the skillet lasagna (although I should), but I just wanted to let you know I sympathize with ya. My tonight's show was only supposed to have 9 guests, and now she's up to 15. We're doing the Power Cooking Show and serving the sloppy joes. She bought the small dinner rolls, but I still don't think we'll get 15 sandwiches out of a pound. I just happen to have an extra pound of beef already made up, so we're good to go. I'm NOT complaining that I have 15 people, don't get me wrong! I'd much rather have it this way than her calling me and telling me only 2 are showing up, but it does change the dynamic!

I recommend to my hosts, too, to maybe have something else to snack on - a dessert if I'm making an appetizer or main dish, or crackers/dip, etc if I'm making a dessert.

Chefstover2 said:
I've made it at a show and it made small but decent sized servings for 8-9. I'd be nervous about trying to squeek out that many servings from this. There is room for additional pasta in the skillet, but you'd have to adjust everything else accordingly.

Also, so you're not redundant...why not make the garlic bites in a small stone (small oval or mini baker)?

I am thinking I could add a little extra noodles and a little extra water, but I don't think it would get us to serve 13!! Has anyone done a double recipe in the 12" Skillet???

How would I do the garlic bites in a stone? Melt the butter, garlic and Italian seasoning in the mini-baker in the micro and then add the full 8 grands biscuits (in quarters) and then put the mini-baker in the oven for the 22 minutes or so???

The host is making a salad to serve and also some munchies. But I am really tempted to do something else. I am psyched at having 13!

dianevill said:
I've never made the skillet lasagna (although I should), but I just wanted to let you know I sympathize with ya. My tonight's show was only supposed to have 9 guests, and now she's up to 15. We're doing the Power Cooking Show and serving the sloppy joes. She bought the small dinner rolls, but I still don't think we'll get 15 sandwiches out of a pound. I just happen to have an extra pound of beef already made up, so we're good to go. I'm NOT complaining that I have 15 people, don't get me wrong! I'd much rather have it this way than her calling me and telling me only 2 are showing up, but it does change the dynamic!

I recommend to my hosts, too, to maybe have something else to snack on - a dessert if I'm making an appetizer or main dish, or crackers/dip, etc if I'm making a dessert.

We finally tried the sloppy joes tonight. I am not a sloppy joe person, but they were good. DH loved it. He cannot wait to make a large batch for a poker game! But anyway, back to the point, we only defrosted half of the pound and it made 3 sandwiches on small dinner rolls. So if you make 2 lbs - you should be able to be close to 12 small sandwiches.

Good Luck!

Skillet Lasagna is my new favorite dinner and my family loves it. I make it almost every week. We have double the noodles (with a little extra water) and used 1.5 lbs. of meat and it fit just fine in the pan. If you were to double everything, I would not double the full amout of the water and sauce because that would be an extra 6 cups of liquid in the pan and I dont know if it would all fit. I hope that helps.

jrw3 said:
Skillet Lasagna is my new favorite dinner and my family loves it. I make it almost every week. We have double the noodles (with a little extra water) and used 1.5 lbs. of meat and it fit just fine in the pan. If you were to double everything, I would not double the full amout of the water and sauce because that would be an extra 6 cups of liquid in the pan and I dont know if it would all fit. I hope that helps.

When I made it last week at a show it seemed a little watery so I figured I could slip a few more noodles in.

So, if you use a full lb of noodles - how much extra water do you use?

kam said:
When I made it last week at a show it seemed a little watery so I figured I could slip a few more noodles in.

So, if you use a full lb of noodles - how much extra water do you use?

I use about 1 cup of extra water (just to make sure all the noodle are covered). I guess you could always use sauce instead but then you would have to open another jar of sauce.

jrw3 said:
I use about 1 cup of extra water (just to make sure all the noodle are covered). I guess you could always use sauce instead but then you would have to open another jar of sauce.

OK, great. I think I will try this. I may also pick up a small can (8 oz maybe)of tomato sauce to add also.

I would have the host make a side salad - its a taste of the recipe - not a meal - we sell products - not food (well...) Show the ease and convience of the recipe and how fun it is - should be enough for all to try - good luck!

Update:

The show ended up with 14-15 people! It was my largest show so far.

I ended up using about 3/4 of the box of lasagna noodles and about 1/2 to 3/4 cup extra water. I picked up 18 oz instead of 16 oz of sausage.

The entire recipe disappeared!! Everyone loved it - but I definitely would have preferred to have more of the recipe available.

I ended up making garlic bites - using the Exec 10" saute and a full can of grands biscuits. (I think there was only 1 garlic bite left) The host made a salad. I think this all helped "spread the food out".

Oh - and in worrying about the size of the recipe - I forgot the LID to the 12" Skillet! Arghh! So I used foil instead. Went just fine!

Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

Good for you Kathleen - glad it was a success!!!

1. How many servings does the Skillet Lasagna for 13 recipe make?

The Skillet Lasagna for 13 recipe makes 13 servings.

2. Can I make this recipe in a regular skillet or do I need a specific type of skillet?

You can make this recipe in any standard 12-inch skillet.

3. How long does it take to prepare and cook the Skillet Lasagna for 13?

The total prep and cook time for this recipe is approximately 45 minutes.

4. Can I substitute the ground beef for a different type of protein?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or even a vegetarian option like tofu or lentils.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it later?

Yes, you can assemble the Skillet Lasagna for 13 ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking it. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the cooking time if baking it straight from the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KaiKendall
Replies
Views
Joand452
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies