• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Oven-Baked Potato Chowder Recipe from the DCB

In summary, to make Potato Chowder in the Dcb, you will need potatoes, onion, garlic, broth, milk, cream, cheese, salt, pepper, and optional bacon. Both chicken and vegetable broth can be used, and the total cook time is approximately 30 minutes. This recipe can also be made in a regular pot, but the Dcb is preferred for even and efficient cooking. The serving size is about 1 cup, with approximately 6 servings in total.
Jen1409
Does anyone have it converted to the oven?

I wouldn't do a soup in the oven. Do you not have a microwave AT ALL to do this, or just not big enough for the DCB? Is this for a show or for you personally? One thought I had about converting it to stovetop/microwave was to microwave your potatoes on a microwave safe dish/plate (I like mine peeled, so I peel first). Then follow the directions for microwaving (minus the milk). After the potatoes are fork-tender, I'd put them in a stock pot to mash with the mix-n-chop. Add the 1/2 cup milk during that mashing step. Then in the batter bowl, I'd do the microwave step for the milk and cream cheese, then dump that into the stockpot on the stove. Let all of that simmer on the stove until heated through and ready to serve- probably 5-10 minutes? Now- I've not actually done it, but that's essentially the same as the microwave, except it's not all going in the DCB. And this probably will take a bit longer because of the last step. If it's to avoid the microwave at ALL, then you'll probably just cook the potatoes like you would on the stove top for mashed potatoes (boiling water), drain, coarsely mashed, and then add the milk/cream cheese. Heat through.That's how I'd do it.

it's for me and my microwave isn't big enough

Related to Delicious Oven-Baked Potato Chowder Recipe from the DCB

What ingredients are needed to make Potato Chowder in the Dcb?

To make Potato Chowder in the Dcb, you will need the following ingredients:

• 6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1 cup of milk
  • 1 cup of cream
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: cooked and crumbled bacon for topping

Can I use a different type of broth for this recipe?

Yes, you can use either chicken or vegetable broth for this recipe. Both will add flavor and depth to the chowder. You can also use homemade broth if you prefer.

How long does it take to cook Potato Chowder in the Dcb?

The total cook time for Potato Chowder in the Dcb is approximately 30 minutes. This includes prep time and cooking time in the Dcb. It is a quick and easy meal option.

Can I make this recipe in a regular pot instead of the Dcb?

Yes, you can make this recipe in a regular pot on the stove. However, using the Dcb allows for even and efficient cooking, making it a preferred method for many.

What is the serving size for Potato Chowder in the Dcb?

The serving size for this recipe is about 1 cup. This recipe makes approximately 6 servings, so adjust accordingly if you need more or less servings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ToDi4Food
  • pampered2007