• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mid-Season Recipes to Try!

In summary, Shannon said the recipe she is talking about is the "barbecued chicken & roasted corn salad" and it includes chicken, black beans, corn, and jicama strips. She said the recipe can be served on bbq tortilla chips if desired.
purrbal
Gold Member
any of you who received the mid season stuff wanna share the recipes with those of us who didn't... :confused: one of the girls who is in my directors bundle got it ans she made a salad that is with chicken, black beans, corn etc... and it was so YUM! :D

I got the recipe book & think the recipes are disgusting!!! I don't think there is a single recipe that I would like! We discussed this on another board & I think the conclusion we came to is that I'm not grown up enough to appreciate the recipes!!

Thank you for your view Stampaholic.

She said the recipe was to be served on Jimaca (sp?) but she didn't know what it was (nor do I) so she didn't have it on hand but she did the others so she made it and served it with lettuce and it was great. She also made a cilantro mayo and that was great too.

http://www.foodreference.com/html/art-jicama-history-facts.html

See also: Jicama Trivia; Jicama Salad Recipes

Jicama
Jicama belongs to the legume or bean family (Fabaceae). It is a popular dietary staple in Latin America and widely grown in Mexico and Central America. There are many names for Jicama including: the Mexican potato, Mexican yam bean, ahipa, saa got, Chinese turnip, lo bok, and the Chinese potato.

Jicama looks similar to a turnip or a large radish, and it can be used as an alternative to the water chestnut. Its skin is thin and can be gray, tan, or brown in color. Additionally, it has a short root and contains white flesh. The skin is typically peeled before eating it raw. Raw jicama tastes similar to a pear or apple. It also does not discolor when exposed to the open air for awhile. Because of this, raw jicama is often used as an accompaniment to raw vegetable platters. When jicama is used in cooking it tends to take on the flavors of the ingredients that it is being combined with. Therefore, jicama is a nice complement to various stir-fry dishes because it blends well with many vegetables and seasonings.

Jicama is a very versatile vegetable that contains a high amount of vitamin C, is low in sodium, and has no fat. One adult serving of jicama, which is equal to approximately 1 cup of cubed jicama or 120 grams, also contains only 45 calories.

Jicama is available year-round. When purchasing jicama, select tubers that are firm and have dry roots. Make sure that the jicama has an unblemished skin and that is not bruised. Once purchased, store jicama for up to two weeks in a plastic bag in your refrigerator.

Serving Size (60g)
Amounts Per Serving % Daily Value *
Calories 25
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 1g
Protein 0g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 20%
Calcium 0%
Iron 2%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

shannon - the recipe i think you are talking about is the "barbecued chicken & roasted corn salad" - here you go!

marinade & dressing
1/4 c lime juice
2 tbsp sweet & smoky barbecue rub
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 c vegetable oil

chicken & salad
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
bbq tortilla chips (optional)
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 cups fresh corn kernels
1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup canned black beans
2 cups julienne-cut jicama strips

1. for marinade & dressing, combine all but oil in small batter bowl. slowly add oil, whisking until well blended. for chicken, cut into thin strips and place in resealable bag; add 1/4 cup marinade. seal bag, turn to coat. marinate in refrigerator 30-60 minutes. Cover remaining marinade and refrigerate for use as dressing.

2. Meanwhile, prepare bbq tortilla chips if desired [for chips, preheat oven to 400, brush one side of four corn tortillas with 1/2 tsp vegetable oil; sprinkle with 1 tsp sweet & smoky rub and 1/4 tsp coarse salt. cut each tortilla into cour wedges, bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned an crisp.] heat oil in grill pan over medium for 5 minutes. add corn, bell pepper, and onion; spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook without stirring 5 minutes or until grill marks appear on vegetables. Remove vegetable mixture to stainless mixing bowl (4 qt). Increase heat to medium high. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Cook chicken 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink; turning occasionally. Remove from heat.

3. Add chicken, black beans, and reserved dressing to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled. For each serving, arrange jicama on serving plate, top with salad, and serve with chips if desired.

4 servings

I was interested in all of the recipes, if anybody is up to typing them out

sushimommy said:
shannon - the recipe i think you are talking about is the "barbecued chicken & roasted corn salad" - here you go!

thanks sushimommy...I appreciate that, have you tried any of the other recipes you want to say are winners or not??? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW ;)

I saw the recipe book but did not earn the mid-season products myself. All of the recipes are to my taste and I am excited to make them at my summer shows

I haven't made any of the recipes yet - but I think alot of them look delicious! I love creative recipes - and these look to be creative and healthy!

i will be making the Grilled Georgia Peach & Chicken salad some time this week - i am modifying it and if it is good, planning on making it for a show on saturday. it has already been posted last week because i begged for it - search "Peach Chicken" and the thread should come up. i will update here if it is good - right now i am mostly having a problem finding peaches - they aren't really due until next week...

Any more recipes made that were hits?

or big misses, for that matter?

I thought they sounded yummie too!! I jsut havent'had a chance to try them out yet!!

We made the Georgia Peach and Chicken Salad last night at our cluster meeting...I LOVED it!! My director couldn't find the greens (can't for the life of me remember what it's called) so we just used spinach. It was sooo yummy!! We also used mangoes instead of the peaches too. I must say I didn't think it was going to be very good, but all of us went back for seconds!

sushimommy
sushimommy said:
i will be making the Grilled Georgia Peach & Chicken salad some time this week - i am modifying it and if it is good, planning on making it for a show on saturday. it has already been posted last week because i begged for it - search "Peach Chicken" and the thread should come up. i will update here if it is good - right now i am mostly having a problem finding peaches - they aren't really due until next week...

What was your review on this dish?

I've done the grilled chicken and peach twice, and the spinach with candied pepper bacon at least twice, maybe three times. Love both of them! I definitely thought those two were winner recipes. Not sure if I'd do them at shows b/c I think salads are a little hard to do for a crowd, but I will definitely do them when we have dinner parties at home or want something to take on a picnic.

Related to Delicious Mid-Season Recipes to Try!

What are some easy and delicious recipes to try during mid-season?

Some delicious mid-season recipes to try are pesto chicken pasta, grilled vegetable skewers, stuffed bell peppers, quinoa salad, and grilled peach and burrata salad.

Can you provide some vegetarian options for mid-season recipes?

Yes, there are many tasty vegetarian options for mid-season recipes, such as grilled vegetable skewers, quinoa salad, stuffed bell peppers, grilled peach and burrata salad, and roasted vegetable frittata.

Are there any gluten-free options for mid-season recipes?

Absolutely! Some gluten-free options for mid-season recipes include grilled chicken and vegetable skewers, quinoa salad, stuffed bell peppers (with gluten-free breadcrumbs), grilled shrimp and vegetable kebabs, and roasted sweet potato and kale salad.

What are some kid-friendly mid-season recipes?

There are plenty of kid-friendly recipes to try during mid-season, such as barbecue chicken sliders, macaroni and cheese with roasted vegetables, grilled cheese and tomato soup, mini turkey and vegetable meatloaves, and fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.

Can you recommend any dessert recipes for mid-season?

Yes, some delicious dessert options for mid-season include grilled peaches with vanilla ice cream, strawberry shortcake skewers, grilled pineapple with honey and cinnamon, berry crisp, and grilled banana boats with chocolate and marshmallows.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leannvv
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leannvv
Replies
Views
leftymac
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies