• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Grilled Bananas Recipe for Your Next Cookout - Quick and Easy!

In summary, the author was trying to make grilled spiced bananas, but did not have all the ingredients needed, so she asked someone for the recipe. The recipe consisted of brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and lemon juice, and bananas were cut into 1inch pieces and sealed in packets. The author grilled the packets over medium coals for 5-6 minutes or until the bananas were tender. They were served warm with ice cream.
jdavis
I know I have the grilling recipe cards, but I just cannot find them and I was thinking about making this tonight, as we are going to some friends' house to cook out tonight, and I need to make a quick trip to the store for the ingredients, but can't find the recipe, so if someone has them could you please post the recipe or if you know where I can find it.

TIA

Here ya go!
Grilled Spiced Bananas
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 Tbs butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbs lemon juice
4 large bananas, cut into 1inch pieces
vanilla ice cream
Lightly spray 4 pieces of foil with nonstick cooking spray. Combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Place one banana onto each piece of foil. Divide brown sugar mixture among packets; seal tightly.
Grill packets, covered, over medium coals 5-6 minutes or until bananas are tender. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve warm with ice cream.

Yum that sounds easy & good:D I might have to try these!

Thank You.....Thank You.....Thank You!!!!!

I was planning on making these quite a while back because they sounded so good, but we ended up not doing it and I had actually forgotten until the other day when hubby said we were going to these people's house to cook out and I freaked and couldn't think of what to make so I am making the pull apart garlic bread to take with us to snack on while the steaks are cooking and I am going to make these packets up and bring them and the ice cream with me and I figure with all the kids they will be a huge hit, too bad our 3 older boys are at their other so-called parents' houses they would LOVE these, I can't keep bananas around here long enough to get one myself.

I just got back from the store getting all my ingredients and the only bananas they had were still quite green but I figure once they cook they will taste just fine. I will have to post tomorrow as to how they were, but I am sure they will be great. ;)

They were very good.....I will have to try them again, by the time I got to the grill the fire was pretty much dead, and the first time hubby brought them in the bananas were still cold :eek: .....So I had him put them back out there for another 5 or so minutes and when they came in for the most part they were all done, there was 1 or 2 chunks in my pack I know that would have been better if they would have cooked longer, it might have also been that the bananas I got were still so green, maybe I will just have to save the other bunch I got and cook them later this week:D .....Sounds like a great idea to me.

A thought I had while making these is why can't we just make the mix then slice the bananas and toss them in the bowl to coat, then just put the individual portions in the packets? I will try that next time it would ensure to coat every piece of banana and all around it.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble finding your grilling recipe cards. I understand how frustrating that can be when you're trying to make a delicious meal for friends. Have you tried checking the recipe section on our website? You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for a digital copy of the recipe. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Happy grilling! TIA (thanks in advance).

1. How do I prepare the bananas for grilling?

To prepare the bananas for grilling, start by choosing ripe but firm bananas. Cut off the stem and slice the bananas lengthwise, leaving the skin on. This will help the bananas hold their shape while grilling.

2. What type of grill should I use for this recipe?

You can use any type of grill for this recipe, including a gas grill, charcoal grill, or even an indoor grill pan. If using a gas or charcoal grill, make sure the grates are clean and lightly oiled to prevent sticking.

3. How long should I grill the bananas for?

Grilling time will vary depending on the heat of your grill and the size of your bananas. On average, grill the bananas for 2-3 minutes per side, or until they are lightly charred and softened.

4. Can I use this recipe for other types of fruit?

Yes, you can use this recipe for other types of fruit such as peaches, pineapples, or even apples. Just make sure the fruit is firm and can hold its shape while grilling. You may need to adjust the grilling time depending on the type of fruit.

5. What can I serve with the grilled bananas?

The grilled bananas can be served as a delicious dessert on their own, or you can get creative and add them to ice cream, pancakes, or even a fruit salad. For a savory twist, you can also serve them alongside grilled meats or as a topping for a burger.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • lescalvelage
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MissChef