• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious & Festive Dessert Ideas for the Holidays

In summary, the conversation is about suggestions for a dessert to bring to a Christmas party for work. The participants recommend various options, including Chocolate Chip Sensation, Fudgey Brownie Trifle, Tuxedo or Truffle Brownies, Chocolate Tiramisu Cake, Truffle Brownie Cups, Chocolate Mint Silk Torte, Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, and Key Lime Mousse Cake. They also discuss the importance of pre-portioned desserts for large group events.
catlwilles
Gold Member
I've got to take a dessert to my husband's Christmas party for work. I'm looking for suggestions on something that will taste great, look great, the whole shebang, since there's the potential for a couple of bookings. What do you suggest?

Chocolate Chip Sensation! It's one of the best recipes I have ever made.

Trifle for sure. Try the Fudgey Brownie Trifle, or one of the ones from the Trifle recipes here in CS. Demonstrate the lid, etc.

The Tuxedo or Truffle Brownies are good too. You can "decorate" them at the party with the EAD.

For large group events, I usually think of things that are pre-portioned, so that there's less mess. Sure, a trifel will look great when you carry it in, but after a couple of people helping themselves, it'll be a mess. How about the Truffle Brownie Cups or the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte (I'd pre-slice it into thin slices).

I'm dying to try the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte, I get to make it for Christmas!

Strawberry Ameretto Pasties served in the 3-tier stand.

jrstephens said:
Strawberry Ameretto Pasties served in the 3-tier stand.

These are very yummy!

the key lime mousse cake is so easy and yummy it is form an old seasons best

chefann said:
For large group events, I usually think of things that are pre-portioned, so that there's less mess. Sure, a trifel will look great when you carry it in, but after a couple of people helping themselves, it'll be a mess. How about the Truffle Brownie Cups or the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte (I'd pre-slice it into thin slices).
I agree that the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is delicious. Do you want "WOW" in looks or taste? It actually looks cool if you decorate it the way SBRC says to decorate it.

Related to Delicious & Festive Dessert Ideas for the Holidays

1. What are some easy and impressive dessert ideas for the holidays?

For a simple yet delicious treat, try making a classic apple crisp or a festive peppermint bark. If you want to impress your guests, consider making a homemade pumpkin pie or a decadent chocolate truffle cake. Don't forget to add a touch of holiday cheer with seasonal decorations like sprinkles or festive cookie cutters.

2. Can you recommend any desserts that are both gluten-free and vegan?

Absolutely! You can make a delicious gluten-free and vegan apple crumble by using almond flour and coconut oil. Another option is a dairy-free and egg-free pumpkin spice bread made with gluten-free flour. You can also try a decadent chocolate avocado mousse for a rich and creamy dessert that is both gluten-free and vegan.

3. I want to make a dessert that is perfect for a large holiday gathering. Any suggestions?

A crowd-pleasing dessert for a large gathering is a classic holiday trifle. Layer your favorite cake, pudding, and fruit in a large trifle dish for a beautiful and delicious dessert. You can also make a big batch of holiday cookies or bars, such as peppermint brownies or gingerbread cookies, to share with everyone.

4. Are there any festive desserts that are quick and easy to make?

If you're short on time, try making no-bake desserts like holiday-themed rice crispy treats or chocolate-covered pretzels. You can also dress up store-bought cookies or cupcakes with festive frosting and decorations. Another easy option is to make a holiday fruit salad with a variety of seasonal fruits and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

5. Can you recommend any healthy dessert options for the holidays?

Yes, there are plenty of healthy and delicious dessert options for the holidays. You can make a fruit and yogurt parfait with seasonal fruit and Greek yogurt, or try a healthier version of apple pie by using whole wheat crust and reducing the amount of sugar. Another option is to make a pumpkin spice chia pudding for a festive and nutritious treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefdiana2007
  • Chef123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies