• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Negativity: How Can We Handle It at Team Meetings?

In summary, the team is usually very positive, but the last meeting had a lot of negativity and little side comments. They do not like the new program and no matter what I say about how it will be easier to make more money and easier to stay active they are not hearing it.
PamperedK
Silver Member
I want to do a spot at my next meeting about dealing with negativity. I'm hearing a lot of negativity coming out during my team meetings and I want to help my team learn how to "Bless and Release" and not let those Negative Nancy's ruin their day and their momentum.

Any ideas? Does anyone have notes on this?

I could use help with this, too!!

My team is usually very positive. They are mostly hobbyists, but positive.

...but the last meeting had a LOT of negative vibes and little side comments. They do not like the new program and no matter what I say about how it will be easier to make more money and easier to stay active they are not hearing it.

My team meetings are generally very positive. Where I'm hearing negativity, it seems it's others' negativity stopping them from doing what they should. For example, we were talking about 3 contacts, and someone said "well, I hesitate to talk to people about PC because no one wants to hear it...or there's a stigma attached to home parties...or they tell me they want nothing to do with it" I have a feeling most of it is the consultants' perceptions of how they will be received - FEAR - but some of it is just negative, attention-seekers and while I can ignore them and find someone exciting to talk to, some newer and less confident consultants let it bother them.

I set aside time at my meetings for everyone to share some of their success stories. Examples: results from catalog totes, out of blue orders/bookings, etc.
Nothing is too small. And often it will lead to sharing ideas that have worked. And best of all, is that it is not just coming from me. Sometimes I think our teams think that things just come easy to us because we are Directors and that we don't understand their struggles. So, advice from a peer is sometimes better received than from us......even if we suggest the same idea.

amy07 said:
Sometimes I think our teams think that things just come easy to us because we are Directors and that we don't understand their struggles.

SO TRUE!!!! Sometimes when it's started up, I've addressed the consultant and say, "I think that's something we should work on one-on-one" and then quickly move on from it. That way it doesn't poison the others.

Related to Dealing with Negativity: How Can We Handle It at Team Meetings?

1. How do I handle negative comments from others about my business?

The best way to handle negative comments is to address them calmly and professionally. Listen to the person's concerns and try to understand their perspective. Then, offer a solution or explanation that addresses their concerns and shows that you value their feedback.

2. What if someone spreads negative rumors about my business?

If you hear about negative rumors being spread about your business, it's important to address them directly. Reach out to the source of the rumors and try to resolve any issues they may have. You can also use social media or your website to share accurate information about your business and address any false claims.

3. How can I stay positive when dealing with negativity?

One way to stay positive is to focus on the positive aspects of your business and the support of your customers. Surround yourself with positive people and seek out uplifting activities and resources. Remember that negativity is often temporary and can be overcome with perseverance and a positive attitude.

4. What should I do if I receive negative reviews or feedback?

It's important to address negative reviews and feedback by responding promptly and professionally. Acknowledge the person's concerns and offer a solution or explanation. You can also use this as an opportunity to improve your business and prevent similar issues from arising in the future.

5. How can I prevent negativity from affecting my business?

One way to prevent negativity is to focus on providing excellent customer service and building strong relationships with your customers. This will help to create a loyal customer base who will support your business even in the face of negative comments. It's also important to address any issues or concerns as soon as they arise to prevent them from escalating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mel5497
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
ChefLoriG
  • pregochef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Malinda Klein