• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Family Tragedy and Business - Can Anyone Relate?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the passing of the husband's father and the struggles and emotions that come with it. The person posting is feeling guilty for thinking about her business during this time but others reassure her that it's normal and offer suggestions for rescheduling or finding a consultant to help. The overall message is to take care of oneself and that everything will work out in the end.
mhrivera
This may seem like a terrible post, but I could use some support right now! My husband's dad just passed away, and we had been praying a lot about it, and were so confident he was going to get better! My husband is at sea right now, and won't be notified for at least an hour still (unless he manages to call).

I'm definately sad about that, and even more sad for him. He's scheduled to be home tomorrow anyway, but it is likely we will be travelling again soon. I'm feeling really guilty, because I'm thinking about my business. We were gone for about 10 days in August when his dad first got sick, and I lost two big shows because of it. And now, just when everything was looking up, I have two more big shows scheduled for this weekend.

I haven't talked to him about it at all, and after all, I wanted to have a flexible business so that I can leave when I have to, but it is such a sad thing for me. It will be hard to reschedule this month, because I have another show for the following weekend, and it's my daugher's first birthday.

It's hard, and I feel really selfish right now, but I figured that somebody out there would understand. I'm still in disbelief that my father in law has passed, and I am just kind of :confused:

Thanks for reading all this!
Melissa

Keep on praying.

God will get you through it.

Everything will work out the way it is suppose to.

You and your husband will be in my prayers

Oh no...{{{{HUGS}}}} I am so sorry, hang in there and with time the fog will lift. Your family will be in our prayers...

{{{HUGS}}} to your and your family. You will pull through as long as you work through it together!

And it's natural to be thinking about your business. With the suddenness of what happened, it's very likely one thing in your life that seems "normal" and that you can control. So don't feel guilty!

See what you can do about rescheduling as I'm sure your hosts will understand. If they really want the benes this month, see if they'll still have their friends over for drinks/snacks and order from the catalog, but still maybe put it in as a cooking show so they don't lose out.

Most people are very understanding. I had this happen to a host and I rebooked her in October, even though I'm super booked already, because she still wants to do it. I think when things like this happen, we almost need something else to think about sometimes.

Let us know how it goes. My prayers are with you.

May his memory be a blessing.

It is perfectly normal to think about your business at a time like this. If you cannot schedule is there a consultant in the area that could take the shows for you and you could split the commission??

I also like the idea from the above post about seeing if the host wants to turn it into a "catalog" show of sorts.

How sad for you and your family. You and your family are in my prayers.
Reschedule, change to a catty show, do whatever you think is best for your family. Your business will still be here, you and your hubby's feelings are very important at a time like this.
God bless you and I hope the Good Lord will give you the answers.

when my mother in law suddenly got worse and we had to drive across country (missed her death by 4 hours) I had a party scheduled for that evening. What I did is just dropped my kit off to the hostess and let her do the party. the guests had an awesome time, they got to play with all my stuff and the party ended up at over $700!!! I showed the hostess how to tally the order form and that's it. she did the rest. of course these were people who had been to a few shows already so they knew about our stuff--and I knew the hostess from previous parties so I knew I could trust her with my stuff for over a week.

good luck with scheduling it all. I understand how frustrating it can be to be looking forward to doing a show and then you can't. (I took care of my father in law for the last 2 years, he was bed bound. but he passed away in march. things will get better even though the loss is hard)

I'm sorry for your loss, you're in our prayers too. Take the time to take care of your husband-if they were close you'll need to be there. You'll need time to reflect too.

Take care,
ange

We had to cancel a show in August due to my sister-in-law's death, who had Alzheimer's, at age 56 and was in a nursing home. I wish I'd had the host do her own show. However, we got it rescheduled for September. If you can't get the host to do her own show (might be a good recruiting tool too), then maybe you could turn it into a catalog show.

God Bless You and Keep You and Your Family. You're in my prayers!

Trish
Just got first recruit

That's so sad! There's nothing wrong with worrying about your business because of the way it supports your family. Take a quiet moment, sit and pray on it. You will hear the answer in your heart.

{Sending good thoughts your way.}

((((((((HUGS))))))) You and your family are in prayers, The lord will bless your family during this time and make sure that things will be taken care off. God bless!!! :)

1. How can Pampered Chef provide support for my family during a tragedy?

Pampered Chef understands that family tragedies can be incredibly difficult and overwhelming. We offer a range of support services, including access to counseling resources, financial assistance, and meal support. Our goal is to help ease the burden and provide comfort during this challenging time.

2. Is there a specific process for requesting support from Pampered Chef during a family tragedy?

Yes, there is a specific process in place for requesting support. Please reach out to our customer service team or your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and assistance with the support request process.

3. Can Pampered Chef provide support for all types of family tragedies?

Yes, we understand that every family tragedy is unique and can cause different challenges and needs. We strive to provide support for a variety of situations, and our team will work with you to determine the best way we can assist during this difficult time.

4. Is there a limit to the support that Pampered Chef can provide for a family tragedy?

We do our best to provide as much support as possible, but there may be limitations based on resources and individual circumstances. Our goal is to provide meaningful and helpful support to families during a tragedy, and we will work with you to find the best solution.

5. How can I get involved in supporting other families going through a tragedy with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef has a strong community of consultants and customers who are passionate about giving back and supporting others. Please reach out to your consultant or our customer service team to learn about volunteer opportunities and ways to get involved in supporting families in need.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • starrmarie