• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Extra Items in Show Submissions: Tips and Advice

S
sfdavis918
The past few shows that I have submitted have had extra items included in them. What do you do with the items? Should I call HO and ship it back to them? They will send me a call tag, right? I would hate to have to pay for shipping back. Ugh, I hate calling HO!

Once I called HO to let them know that my order had 2 extra adjustable measuring spoons and they told me to keep it.;)

You can do an online adjustment and just click where it says something about item not ordered included in order and go from there... that will save the call to HO

I have always been told to keep the extras.

HO has always let me or my host keep the extras if they are a small dollar amount. I talked to my SED about it one time and she said to use good judgement - if it cost more to ship them back than they are worth to just keep them. So that's what I try to do.

well that sucks. I just got two extras and I had to send them back. They paid postage but that would have been cool if i could have kept them!!!

The most recent show shipment for me included an extra Coating Trays & Tool, Basting and Cleaning Brush, and Cookie Press. They were to be returned, I did the adjustment, and then the host asked if she could just buy them, (after the call tag was issued). Although the host was purchasing them, she could only use her 10% discount, and she also had to pay the shipping charges. That does not make sense to pay shipping on a mistake that the warehouse made!

Bren706 said:
......That does not make sense to pay shipping on a mistake that the warehouse made!
Especially when shipping on the host order is free.....You should talk to a supervisor about that one.

1. What do I do with extra items included in a show submission?

The first step is to carefully review the submission guidelines provided by the show organizers. Some shows may allow extra items to be included, while others may specifically state that only the items listed in the submission are accepted. If the guidelines do not address extra items, it is best to contact the show organizers for clarification.

2. Should I call the show organizers and ship the extra items back to them?

If the show organizers do not allow extra items to be included in the submission, it is best to contact them and discuss the situation. They may provide instructions on how to return the items, or they may allow you to keep the items and include them in your next submission. It is important to communicate with the show organizers to avoid any confusion or potential penalties.

3. Will the show organizers send me a call tag to ship the extra items back?

This will depend on the policies of the specific show organizers. Some may provide a call tag or cover the shipping costs, while others may require you to cover the expenses. Again, it is best to communicate with the show organizers to determine the best course of action.

4. Do I have to pay for shipping to return the extra items?

As mentioned before, this will depend on the show organizer's policies. Some may cover the shipping costs, while others may require you to pay for it. If you are unsure, it is best to contact the show organizers for clarification.

5. What if I don't want to call the show organizers to discuss the extra items?

While it may be an uncomfortable situation, it is important to communicate with the show organizers to avoid any misunderstandings or penalties. If you are hesitant to call, you can also send an email or message through their designated communication channels. It is important to have a record of your communication for future reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • jbdowd0798
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies