• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Bounced Emails: Tips for Managing Newsletter Subscribers

In summary, a bounced email is an email that failed to reach its intended recipient. It is important to manage bounced emails for newsletter subscribers in order to maintain a clean and effective email list, as bounced emails can damage your sender reputation and impact deliverability. To prevent bounced emails, regularly cleaning and updating your email list is recommended. If an email address bounces, it is best to remove it or mark it as inactive to avoid further harm to your sender reputation. It is not necessary to contact subscribers with bounced emails, but a re-engagement email may be sent to inactive subscribers to give them the chance to update their information.
princessmeshelle
when people give you their email to be added to your newsletter group, what do you do with people who repeatedly come back as unable to deliver the email? i got a stack of leads at my last 2 boothes and specifically told everyone "if you are interested, give me your email for my newsletter". i thought i had made it clear that it wasn't a requirement. so why would they purposely give me bad emails? so, should i try calling or should i cuyt my losses?

Sometimes I have some come back due to my entering it in wrong. Did you double check them? Or sometimes people wrote a l and I can't tell if it's a 1 or an "l", for example. Or 5 vs. an "S". If they provide a phone number, you could call and say "Hi! This is xxx, I met you at xxx. I was just wondering if you were still interested in receiving my monthly e-mail newsletter?" Then if they say yes, you can ask for the address (and hope it'll clear things up for you).

Are you using the PWS emails? I've heard some people have trouble with those bouncing back more often than just email from your own email provider.

Related to Dealing with Bounced Emails: Tips for Managing Newsletter Subscribers

What is a bounced email?

A bounced email is an email that was not successfully delivered to the intended recipient. This can happen for various reasons, such as an invalid email address, a full inbox, or a spam filter.

Why do I need to manage bounced emails for my newsletter subscribers?

Managing bounced emails is important for maintaining a clean and effective email list. Bounced emails can negatively impact your sender reputation and deliverability, and they also waste resources and can skew your email analytics.

How can I prevent bounced emails?

The best way to prevent bounced emails is to regularly clean and update your email list. This includes removing inactive or invalid email addresses, using double opt-in to confirm subscribers, and avoiding spam trigger words in your email content.

What should I do with bounced email addresses?

If an email address has bounced, it is best to remove it from your list or mark it as inactive. Continuing to send emails to bounced addresses can harm your sender reputation and may result in your emails being marked as spam.

Should I contact subscribers with bounced emails?

It is not necessary to contact subscribers with bounced emails. If they are interested in receiving your emails, they will likely update their email address or re-subscribe. However, you may choose to send a re-engagement email to inactive subscribers to give them the opportunity to update their information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
gkoinski
  • ConniePC
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
missymssy
  • babywings76