• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Trouble with the DCB Dump Cake Recipe - Tips Needed!

In summary, the DCB Dump Cake Recipe is a popular dessert from Pampered Chef that involves layering cake mix, fruit, and butter in a deep covered baker and baking it in the oven. It is important to use the correct size DCB and follow the recipe closely for best results. Any type of fruit can be used, but make sure to drain excess liquid. The cake can be made in advance and reheated in the oven. While it is possible to use a different type of pan, the deep covered baker is recommended for optimal results.
mickirene
I tried making the dump cake in the DCB tonight and had to let it cook in the microwave for much longer than the recipe calls for. Does anyone have any tips for this recipe? How are you suppose to know when it is cooked all the way? ::blushing: I wanted to do this recipe tomorrow to show off the DCB.

Probably depends on the wattage of the microwave. I have an older one, so I always add time to mine! Can you make something else? The Apple Cherry Crisp is really yummy & easy to make. I made it on Thanksgiving and everyone LOVED it. :)

I followed the directions. Remember that it will be gooey, appearing that it's not done, because of the frosting.

I do the apple pie filling, white cake mix and butter no frosting. And depending on the microwave I eyeball it. After the initia time if it still looks really gooey I add 5-10 minutes. I have never had to cook longer then 25 minutes even in the oldest microwave I have used.

I did this for my team on Monday. Brought a gallon of vanilla ice cream too...YUMMO!!!:love:

Hope I have inspired them to add this recipe to their party routine!

any idea of how to get the time to cook for an oven? Unfortunately, my next host does not have a large enough microwave and I want to show the DCB!!

1. What is the DCB Dump Cake Recipe?

The DCB Dump Cake Recipe is a popular dessert recipe from Pampered Chef that involves layering cake mix, fruit, and butter in a deep covered baker (DCB) and baking it in the oven. It is an easy and delicious dessert that is perfect for any occasion.

2. Why am I having trouble with the DCB Dump Cake Recipe?

There could be a few reasons for having trouble with the DCB Dump Cake Recipe. It is important to make sure you are using the correct size DCB and following the recipe exactly. Also, make sure your ingredients are fresh and properly measured. If you are still having trouble, reach out to our customer service for further assistance.

3. Can I use any type of fruit for the DCB Dump Cake Recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of canned or fresh fruit for the DCB Dump Cake Recipe. Popular choices include peaches, apples, cherries, and blueberries. Just make sure to drain any excess liquid from the fruit before using it in the recipe.

4. Can I make the DCB Dump Cake Recipe in advance?

The DCB Dump Cake Recipe is best when served fresh out of the oven, but you can make it in advance. After baking, let it cool completely before covering and storing it in the refrigerator. To reheat, place it in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.

5. Can I make the DCB Dump Cake Recipe in a different type of pan?

The DCB Dump Cake Recipe is specifically designed to be made in a deep covered baker. However, you can try making it in a similar-sized baking dish, but the results may vary. The deep covered baker helps create a moist and evenly baked cake, so it is best to use it if possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Shari
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebB
  • PCAnna
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • slhale