• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Creative Baking Ideas for Cooler Weather!

In summary, the team member had a wonderful idea for a snowman cake that would be just one dimension. She said she is not a "biscuit maker" so she sees showing people how to make little snow men cakes (just one dimentional) with the different circles as a way to teach them how to make cakes. She also said that she has done them many years ago (started in 9th grade) and that she never had lessons, but used Wilton books to learn. She also said that she is a "butter cream" icing girl and that she has never had a cake that tasted good.
baychef
Silver Member
Sharing an idea! One of my team members had a wonderful idea..she says she is not a "biscuit maker" so she sees showing people how to make little snow men cakes (just one dimentional) with the different circles.

Looking for other great ideas as well. I know that PC gave us "window cookie" ideas.

Because Labor Day is upon us, the weather here in the north is growing cooler and the Halloween candy has been out for a couple weeks now (still bugs me but Christmas will be out in a couple weeks)...I was wondering if the test kitchens are cooking up some great ideas to show people!

I missed the window cookie idea. Please share. I LOVE the snowman cake idea but how would you keep the batter in the circles for them to bake since there's no bottom?

It would be just three cake circles on a plate. Flat not standing up! Because I used to decorate cakes and then watch the cake challenges on the TLC and the Food Network...I start over thinking it!!!

baychef said:
It would be just three cake circles on a plate. Flat not standing up! Because I used to decorate cakes and then watch the cake challenges on the TLC and the Food Network...I start over thinking it!!!

I get that but because the cutters don't have a bottom wouldn't the batter seep out under the cutters before it's baked?

I assumed we would bake the cake in the large bar pan or large sheet pan and then cut the circles after they cool? Is that right?
I am such a visual learner... if you make them can you post your pics? Or a drawing? :)

quiverfull7 said:
I assumed we would bake the cake in the large bar pan or large sheet pan and then cut the circles after they cool? Is that right?
I am such a visual learner... if you make them can you post your pics? Or a drawing? :)

That makes sense! And wasn't there a tip I saw somewhere on what to do on the cut surfaces to avoid crumbs ruining the frosting?

Yes, I am sorry, you would cut it from an already baked cake. You can take an apricot jelly and heat it with a little water, then brush a thin layer on the cake and let it cool a bit to sort of seal the crumbs in before you frost it.

Professional cake decorators do a crum coat with icing. It's a very thin layer, let it harden and then do a thicker coating as a 2nd layer. I've never tried the jelly method, but it sounds yummy!!!

I did them many years ago (started in 9th grade and I have been out of school now for...GULP...34 years now). Never had lessons but used Wilton books to learn. Also, once cakes became more than cake and frosting and I was in college, I no longer did them on a regular basis. I just marvel at The Cake Boss, Duff and so many more VERY talented cake decorators!:chef:

Yes, the fondant is cool in appearance, but I have to say that I've never had one that tasted good. :( I'm a "butter cream" icing girl ... all the way! LOL

1. What are some creative baking ideas for cooler weather?

Some creative baking ideas for cooler weather include apple crisp, pumpkin pie, gingerbread cookies, hot chocolate cupcakes, and cinnamon rolls.

2. Are there any healthier options for baking in cooler weather?

Yes, there are many healthier options for baking in cooler weather. Some ideas include using whole wheat flour instead of white flour, incorporating fruits and vegetables into recipes, and using alternative sweeteners like honey or maple syrup.

3. How can I incorporate seasonal flavors into my baking?

You can incorporate seasonal flavors into your baking by using ingredients like pumpkin, apples, cranberries, cinnamon, and nutmeg. You can also experiment with different spices and herbs to add a unique twist to your recipes.

4. Are there any gluten-free options for baking in cooler weather?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for baking in cooler weather. Some ideas include gluten-free apple crisp, pumpkin muffins, gingerbread loaf, hot cocoa cookies, and gluten-free cinnamon rolls.

5. Can I use Pampered Chef products for these baking ideas?

Yes, you can definitely use Pampered Chef products for these baking ideas. Our products are designed to make baking easier and more enjoyable, no matter the season. Check out our website for specific product recommendations for each recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • urbnk8
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KateD
  • pampchefsarah