• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Perfect Holiday Trifle: Recipes & Ideas

In summary, to make a holiday trifle, you will need layers of cake, pudding, fruit, and whipped cream. Optional ingredients can include nuts, chocolate, and cookies. Any type of cake can be used as the base, and popular fruit choices include berries, apples, and canned fruits. A trifle can be made ahead of time, but it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving. Alternative ideas for a holiday trifle include using layers of cookies or brownies, different flavored puddings, and adding in layers of chocolate or caramel sauce.
StacieB
Gold Member
Was wondering if anyone out there has an Trifles they like to use during the Holiday Season. I was thinking of making up a peppermint one, but wanted to check first!!

I do a Ho Ho Ho Trifle that's always a hit.

Ingredients:

2 packs Little Debbie Swiss Rolls (AKA Ho Ho's in some parts of the country)
1 can cherry pie filling (2 if you really like it)
Cool Whip

Cut Swiss Rolls into thirds. Put half in the bottom of the trifle bowl and top with cherries. Add a layer of Cool Whip then repeat. I also put Cool Whip in the EAD for the top just to make it look a little more decorative.

That sounds like a wonderful easy Trifle

raebates said:
That sounds like a wonderful easy Trifle

It is...and yummy, too! I could also be very kid-friendly using the My Safe Cutters.

What ingredients are needed to make a holiday trifle?

To create the perfect holiday trifle, you will need layers of cake, pudding, fruit, and whipped cream. Other optional ingredients can include nuts, chocolate, and cookies.

Do I have to use a specific type of cake for my trifle?

No, you can use any type of cake as the base for your trifle. Some popular choices include pound cake, angel food cake, or even brownies.

What types of fruit work well in a holiday trifle?

Fruits like berries, apples, and pears are great options for a holiday trifle. You can also use canned fruits like peaches or pineapple.

Can I make a trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a trifle ahead of time. However, it is best to assemble it no more than 24 hours before serving to prevent the cake from becoming soggy.

Are there any alternative ideas for a holiday trifle?

Yes, instead of using cake, you can use layers of cookies or brownies for a different twist on a trifle. You can also try using different flavored puddings or adding in layers of chocolate or caramel sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • janezapchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies