• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating a Future Business Box: Tips and Tricks from Conference

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of a "Future Business Box" for organizing contacts and leads. Participants discussed different methods, such as using a shoe box or a binder, to store contact information and drawing slips. They also shared tips on how to keep the box or binder organized and efficient. Some mentioned using dividers and 4x6 index cards to separate contacts by month, while others preferred using a binder with labels for each month. Some individuals also mentioned using a computer or online system to keep track of contacts, but others preferred a more hands-on approach. Overall, the conversation highlighted the importance of having a system in place for managing and following up with contacts in order to build a successful business.
danielsdundee
Just organizing all my stuff from Conference, which was totally AWESOME!!! Would like to know who does a Future Business Box..Looking for ideas on how to set the box up. At conference "building your business with customer care" they talked about how to do a Future Business Box, but no outline was given and there was so much info given at one time, I'm needing some help. Anyone have ideas or do this themselves and if so, does it work well for you. I'm going to seperate by month then within the month by 1,2,3,4 weeks.

Any ideas would be wonderful!!!!

Robyn:)

That's what I heard. A shoe box with 4x6 index cards on end (Jan-Dec), then 1-4 for each month symbolizing weeks. Then you put drawing slips in there. If they are guests or leads or people that you meet on the street, you can still use these. Have them fill them out for a drawing if you want. Same idea for booths to have ALL contacts in ONE place. Regardless of why you are contacting them. Booking, recruiting, customer follow-up, whatever.

Did you go to the class too?? I have the website she gave us, but must have wrote it down wrong because it won't come up. I have [email protected]???

I don't think I had that workshop, but it's an idea that is popular! I'd never heard it (just notebook version).

i use a binder
the drawing slips r glued to a sheet of paper and i take notes as i talk to them
shts are separated by dividers monthly and if someone asks me to call them in the fall i'll put the sht in sept.
all reasons are together
hth

I've been doing this for a while, but I don't use a shoe box. I got a 4x6 index card box from Office Depot that included tabs for Jan - Dec. in it. I put my drawing slips in there, and just rotate the months in front for whatever month it is (for example, it's July, so July is the first tab, followed by drawing slips of people to contact in July, then August tab and drawing slips, then Sept. tab and drawing slips, and so on. I use this for all of my contacts. Makes it easy for me to have the slip in front of me, even though I use the "tasks" in P3 as a reminder to make the call.

danielsdundee, that's an email address - that might be hers, so you could ask for more info.Here's more info on what I think you guys are talking about... I had to search again... forgot to bookmark it last time I found it, LOL!http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=10583

I have been using a leads binder but something on my to-do list is to switch over to a leads box like you're describing. Getting those door prize slips stapled on to paper and then punched and put in the binder is taking up too much of my time. I began using the binder b/c I do a lot of catalog shows (where I don't have slips but rather have a print out of the show with all the guest contact info)--but I think I'll just take those print outs, cut them apart by guests, and file them in the box as well.

Personally, I am going to get a clear plastic box with a snap closed lid to help prevent it getting dumped out on my floor or tattered looking from use.

Getting those door prize slips stapled on to paper and then punched and put in the binder is taking up too much of my time.

kimberly
i use a glue stick to glue the slips on-its real quick
and i use lined paper already holes punched

i like having lots of room for notes :)

If anyone needs 4 x 6 index cards and dividers that say January- December and 3 set of 1-31 let me know.Spent the $$ but now changing my system

I am in the process of doing the binders and making sure all my records are correct but I feel like I have got infor in too many places. A lot of this info is already in my computer but I am a person that als like the hands on approach. I did a sample of labels and although not all have address I have over 500 contacts That is a TON of draw slips - I went out and got a new binder because the one I bought isn't going to be big enough

I'm liking the binder idea better than the box, but I don't want to paste my drawing slips on bigger paper. I'm thinking of making my own info sheet to fill out myself off the drawing slips- Take the info from drawing slips, put a big space for notes, another area for recruiting notes, ect. Ideas? Input??

I think that the idea of the shoe box was that you didn't have to get anything really ready. It was all about doing it than preparing as all of us office supply junkies understand. It's FUN to start a new system b/c you buy all of the pretty and fun stuff and organize it. THEN we have to actually use it. Well, not if we come up with another system to create. Ooops! She said she even put personal stuff in there. Bday info and appts, etc.

I do the same thing Heather does, monthly dividers with draw slips stapled to lined paper. Love it for taking notes.

I have also put together a "business in a binder" and last night changed it into two binders, one that stays home, and one I take with me everywhere I go. I will re-do the table of contents for them and share them with you guys. Basically, I have everything in there so that I don't have papers all over the place.

Anyone else keep a binder like this? I'd love to hear what others are doing as well.

I am also working on updating. I want all my contacts in one place. I have been working on a binder. Then at conf. in the org class they suggested 7 binders. Seemed like alot to me and I'm confused on the "Bookings" one.

I have an info sheet I made up that I really like that I use if they book or if I'm pretty sure they will. I then staple their DPS on the back of it.

Attachments

• Host info Sheet.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 317
Last night, I worked on organizing my stuff. My office has been a mess and I MUST get things organized so that I can work more efficiently. I do kinda like the idea of many binders, so I'm going to try it out. I did have my one binder with everything in it, but it was too much to carry with me all the time, so I hope this new concept will work for me.

Here's the binders I have and what's in each:

“On the Road” binder
3-2-1- Formula for Success tracking sheet
“Critique Your Week” sheets
Current calendar from Consultant News
My Goals
Tracking charts for my goals
Consultant News and other publications I want to read
Leads tab – monthly tabs with info on each contact I need to make
Customer care tab – I pick one show per week for which I need to make customer care calls. I keep this show in a protective sleeve; scripts; quick reference of upcoming specials
Training tab - I am currently working on
My Welcome Booklet – for reference
My copy of the current catalogue (I mark what I have and make notes about different products and what I may want to say about them at a show)

Reference binder (keep this at home)
Business guide
Recipe for success guide
Product information sheets

“At my shows” (take this to shows)
Round up from the Heart info
Current and upcoming host & guest specials
Show benefits flyers
Pampered Bride flyers
Fundraising flyers
Replacement parts list
Gift certificates

Recruiting binder (take this binder to recruiting interviews…if I ever get any!!)
Mailing we received about the new consultant kit
A Closer Look inserts – I want to go through these and personalize each section
“An Outstanding Opportunity” page
“Your Life, Your Way” brochures
“New Consultant Rewards” brochures
New “Turn Your Dreams Into Reality!” flyers
New “Come Join Us” brochures
“Imagine More” brochures
Incentive program brochure
Independent Consultant agreements
Welcome booklets
“Charter Host Gift” flyers
Additional information on the new consultant kit (printed from Consultants Corner)

Host coaching binder (use this binder when host coaching by phone)
Host coaching scripts
Info on current hosts that I am coaching
Samples of everything I put in the host packet for easy reference when speaking with host
Blank “Host information” sheets

Cooking shows binder (use this binder when host coaching in person; use for choosing games and quick tips for shows)
Themes – invitations & recipes (this section is set up for hosts to pick a theme for their party)
Theme training booklets (PC theme shows) or my own developed theme party details
Quick tips
Party games

Publications
Consultant News
Cluster newsletters

How does everyone else organize themselves? Does anyone other than me find themselves organizing more than working?? :eek: I am determined to get organized once and for all and get SERIOUS with my business!!

PChefPEI said:
How does everyone else organize themselves? Does anyone other than me find themselves organizing more than working?? :eek: I am determined to get organized once and for all and get SERIOUS with my business!!

I had sections divided in one binder for host coaching, CCC and I forget what else. Then I came accross the info about the 7 binder system. I ran out and bought the binders but I don't like it at all. I feel like everything is scattered and too hard to keep track of. I don't have a big space to keep my PC stuff so I am going to go back to the 1 binder system.

I SO spend more time "organizing" my stuff and searching this site for info than I do on making those 3 calls a day.:rolleyes:

PChefPEI said:
Last night, I worked on organizing my stuff. My office has been a mess and I MUST get things organized so that I can work more efficiently. I do kinda like the idea of many binders, so I'm going to try it out. I did have my one binder with everything in it, but it was too much to carry with me all the time, so I hope this new concept will work for me.

Here's the binders I have and what's in each:

“On the Road” binder
3-2-1- Formula for Success tracking sheet
“Critique Your Week” sheets
Current calendar from Consultant News
My Goals
Tracking charts for my goals
Consultant News and other publications I want to read
Leads tab – monthly tabs with info on each contact I need to make
Customer care tab – I pick one show per week for which I need to make customer care calls. I keep this show in a protective sleeve; scripts; quick reference of upcoming specials
Training tab - I am currently working on
My Welcome Booklet – for reference
My copy of the current catalogue (I mark what I have and make notes about different products and what I may want to say about them at a show)

Reference binder (keep this at home)
Business guide
Recipe for success guide
Product information sheets

“At my shows” (take this to shows)
Round up from the Heart info
Current and upcoming host & guest specials
Show benefits flyers
Pampered Bride flyers
Fundraising flyers
Replacement parts list
Gift certificates

Recruiting binder (take this binder to recruiting interviews…if I ever get any!!)
Mailing we received about the new consultant kit
A Closer Look inserts – I want to go through these and personalize each section
“An Outstanding Opportunity” page
“Your Life, Your Way” brochures
“New Consultant Rewards” brochures
New “Turn Your Dreams Into Reality!” flyers
New “Come Join Us” brochures
“Imagine More” brochures
Incentive program brochure
Independent Consultant agreements
Welcome booklets
“Charter Host Gift” flyers
Additional information on the new consultant kit (printed from Consultants Corner)

Host coaching binder (use this binder when host coaching by phone)
Host coaching scripts
Info on current hosts that I am coaching
Samples of everything I put in the host packet for easy reference when speaking with host
Blank “Host information” sheets

Cooking shows binder (use this binder when host coaching in person; use for choosing games and quick tips for shows)
Themes – invitations & recipes (this section is set up for hosts to pick a theme for their party)
Theme training booklets (PC theme shows) or my own developed theme party details
Quick tips
Party games

Publications
Consultant News
Cluster newsletters

WOW!! That sounds great. What is the critique sheet? Did you make up yourself or find it on a download? I might try some of your ideas..

jrny2001 said:
I SO spend more time "organizing" my stuff and searching this site for info than I do on making those 3 calls a day.:rolleyes:

I am right there with you! I wonder if I'll ever find a way of organizing everything that I will finally be happy with so that I can actually make some calls!:p

WOW!! That sounds great. What is the critique sheet? Did you make up yourself or find it on a download? I might try some of your ideas..

The critique sheet is something my director shared with me. It's very useful but I often don't like filling it out because it can be kinda empty... :eek: ...but it keeps me accountable!

Attachments

• Critque_Your_Week.pdf
    30 KB · Views: 240

What is the "Future Business Box"?

The "Future Business Box" is a special package offered by Pampered Chef that includes various tools and resources to help individuals start their own Pampered Chef business.

What does the "Future Business Box" include?

The "Future Business Box" includes a consultant starter kit, which includes catalogs, order forms, and other business supplies. It also includes a 3-month subscription to our online training platform, access to our consultant support team, and exclusive business tools and resources.

How much does the "Future Business Box" cost?

The "Future Business Box" is currently priced at $159. This includes the consultant starter kit, the 3-month training subscription, and all other resources and tools included in the package.

Can I customize the items included in the "Future Business Box"?

No, the items included in the "Future Business Box" are carefully selected to provide the necessary tools and resources for starting a Pampered Chef business. However, you can always purchase additional items separately to further customize your business.

Is the "Future Business Box" only for new consultants?

No, the "Future Business Box" is available to both new and existing Pampered Chef consultants. It can serve as a helpful resource for those looking to expand their business or refresh their business supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ajadzioba
  • texasteacher
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
texasteacher
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies