• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create PDFs & Print with Ease: A Guide

In summary, Kristin is unable to annotate her scanned documents with the text tool in Adobe Acrobat, and is looking for other options.
chefkristin
Gold Member
Hi All

I know there has been a thread in the past but I can't find it. I want to be able to create PDF files or print to them. Is there a good site that I can get it for free?

Some software will allow you to save to .pdf. To create and edit pdfs you usually need Adobe Standard or Professional which isn't free...

I create my documents in Word or Publisher, then save then as a PDF with a free program called PrimoPDF (found at PrimoPDF.com).

jwpamp said:
I create my documents in Word or Publisher, then save then as a PDF with a free program called PrimoPDF (found at PrimoPDF.com).
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Janice - are they compatible with editing in Adobe then?

I'll have to look that up for home.

Primo is the one I've used in the past. Easy to use.

I just downloaded Primo. Thanks for the advice!!

Okay.......since you all solved Kristin's problem in about 30 minutes, :)
I'll share the problem I've been dealing with all day. I'm Secretary of an organization, and have an annual report to do by the 15th. In the past I used the Omin something or other OCR program that was included with Windows 95. I had the Chapter's computer upgraded finally to XP, and now I can't annotate my scanned files. I HAVE to use the forms they provide, and just scanning them into Word doesn't work as it messes up the lines and formatting. I'm SURE that I'm not the only person in the world who has to do such a thing and doesn't own a $500 program (Adobe 8). Do I have any other options?

Sorry, Christy, I'm no help on that issue. I've probably used our scanner 6 times in as many years.

And you were the one I was SURE would know the answer. (Wish I could use my Mac for this project!) :)

Adobe is a software company that developed the PDF format.Adobe Acrobat is software that creates, reads and edits PDF files.

Christy,I'd try scanning the docs as an image file, then use a photo editor to annotate with the text tool.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Christy,

I'd try scanning the docs as an image file, then use a photo editor to annotate with the text tool.

Thanks, I'll try that..ummm is there a photo editor as part of MS Office, or do I need to load one ...(Canon photostitch or Photostudio? )

PS. I realize Adobe is the COMPANY that makes Acrobat, just mincing words tonight instead of garlic. Thanks for trying to teach me computerese :)

Rotsa Ruck with that!

RAM ROM EPROM Drive Zip RS-232 Parallel Apple DOS Unix?

APPLE! That's my language! Mac-book, I-book, Apple-Works, :)

I used to be an Adobe Certified Instructor and it's like fingernails on a blackboard to me when people use the name "Adobe" when they mean Acrobat. I always want so badly to say, "Adobe what? Premier? PostScript? Type Manager? Framemaker? Pagemaker? Photoshop? Oh, you mean Acrobat."It's like saying, "I use a Hewlett-Packard." Well, a Hewlett-Packard what? Computer? Printer? Calculator? Cardiovascular monitor?

Understood! Thanks again for the advice.

YW ;)Don't worry - you'll pick up enough computerese around here in time.

straitfan said:
APPLE!

That's my language! Mac-book, I-book, Apple-Works, :)
iLife, iWork, Jobsian... We're Apple nerds around my house, too. I'm sitting here on my MacBook, DH's MacBook is on the other end of the couch, he's got a G5 iMac in his office, and I have a G4 iMac in mine. Then there's the Pismo Powerbook in the Garage, the 604e 7300 in the basement, and my old G4 Tower that's on loan to my in-laws. :rolleyes: Oh, yeah, we're running an Airport network, too. So DH can surf on his iPhone, too.

That sounds more like an iOrchard.

I guess it is. We laugh at the shows on TV that try to disguise their Macs by covering the Apple with a sticker or a different shape. The funniest one currently is one of the 'Tween shows on Nick that uses a Pear.

A pear of Macs?Another iOrchard: you and your DH each having a laptop - a pear of Macs and a pear of Mac enthusiasts.Not to mention, a pear of pearots. (BagelBagelBagelBagelBagelBagel)

CORN!BleahBleahBleahBleah.

Oh, c'mon. You're living in pearadise.Oh, craps. I meant, pear a dice.

"Bleah" is Beaker's latest favorite thing to say.I still want to teach her, "Who's gonna feed me?"

Can you still see Chuckie or has he gone dormant for the season?We've had burrow holes in the east (hidden) yard for some time now and I was never able to see what was living in there. There have also been paths in the snow that run from the location of the electric meter over toward the hedge. At first glance I figured it was a meter reader, but the reader would never get through the hedge. Hmmmm. Last week, I saw the maker of said path and probably the builder of the burrow - a possum. You've got Chuckie and we've now got Pogo.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c5/PogoPossum.jpg
"We have met the
enemy and he is us."
--Walt Kelly in Pogo

Yuck. Possum are icky. I haven't seen Chuckie lately, but I hardly go into the yard. There have been a lot of chubby squirrels running around. Or, "SQUIRREL!!" as Beaker says.

chefann said:
Yuck. Possum are icky.

I haven't seen Chuckie lately, but I hardly go into the yard. There have been a lot of chubby squirrels running around. Or, "SQUIRREL!!" as Beaker says.
foamy_nuts2you.jpg

Those cartoons are hilarious. :D

Most certainly not for kids!I had to search through several stills before I found one I could actually post here - and it's an appropriate one for several folks up here. ;)

Related to Create PDFs & Print with Ease: A Guide

1. How do I create PDF files?

To create PDF files, you can use a variety of software such as Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, or online converters like Smallpdf or PDFescape. These programs allow you to convert your documents into PDF format with just a few clicks.

2. Can I print to PDF for free?

Yes, there are many free options for printing to PDF. Some web browsers, such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, have built-in PDF printing capabilities. You can also download free software like CutePDF or Bullzip PDF Printer to print to PDF from any program.

3. What is the benefit of creating PDF files?

PDF files are widely used and accepted as a universal format for sharing documents. They preserve the formatting and layout of your original document and can be opened on any device or operating system. Additionally, PDFs are secure and cannot be easily edited or altered.

4. Are there any limitations to creating PDF files?

While PDFs are a popular and convenient format, there are some limitations. For example, you may have difficulty editing a PDF file without the proper software, and some advanced features may not be compatible with all PDF viewers. Additionally, large or complex documents may take longer to convert to PDF.

5. Where can I find more information about creating and printing PDF files?

There are numerous resources available online for creating and printing PDF files, including tutorials, guides, and forums. You can also consult the help section or user manual of the program you are using to create PDFs. Additionally, many online converters and printing software have FAQs or customer support to assist with any questions or issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78