• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create a Website for Your Side Business - Affordable Options Explored

In summary, Go Daddy is a cheap option for a domain name, and Network Solutions is also a viable option.
emmabelle47
I've seen that some people here have their own websites (not PC!) and I'm looking for a good place to get one. My husband wants to start his own side business and wants to get a website going to promote it. Where's a good place to check into that isn't horribly expensive?

You could start by checking with you ISP - I know that our account has X number of free bytes to use for website space. I don't happen to use it, because I already had http://jrmanning.com/, but my church has the same ISP that I do, and it hosts their site. (A member maintains the site.)Be Careful - there are a lot of charlatans out there, and if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Some web providers use template-driven tools that embed all kinds of extraneous crap that you wouldn't want in your site code.

We get our internet through Alltel.... I don't think they offer anything like that. I'll check into it though... Thanks!

Go Daddy is cheap for the actual domain name if you want to purchase one. I used Freeservers.com for my website, but it wasn't for business purposes. I don't have any complaints though.

network solutions is one i use

I started with them (Network Solutions) several years ago, but when I went to move my domain, I had some grief getting them to give it up.

1. What are some affordable options for creating a website for my side business?

There are several affordable options for creating a website for your side business. Popular choices include website builders like Wix, Squarespace, and Weebly, which offer easy-to-use templates and drag-and-drop design features. Another option is to use a content management system like WordPress, which is free and has a wide range of customizable themes and plugins available.

2. Do I need any technical skills to create my own website?

No, you do not need any technical skills to create a website for your side business. Website builders and content management systems are designed for users with little to no coding experience, making it easy for anyone to create a professional-looking website.

3. Can I use my own domain name with these affordable website options?

Yes, most website builders and content management systems allow you to use your own domain name. This is usually available as an option when you purchase a premium plan or subscription.

4. Are there any hidden costs associated with these affordable website options?

While the basic plans for website builders and content management systems are typically affordable, there may be additional costs for features such as e-commerce functionality, custom domain names, or premium templates. It's important to carefully review the pricing and features of each option before making a decision.

5. Can I update and manage my website on my own?

Yes, with website builders and content management systems, you have full control and can easily update and manage your website on your own. This includes adding new content, changing the design, and monitoring site traffic and analytics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • BeaLorene
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
Replies
Views
TeresaG