• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create a Facebook Group Page without Linking to Your Personal Profile

I can make the entire sentence with graphic into one big graphic so you can hover over the entire thing... but I can't do it here from work. I need to Photoshop it from home. Can you wait a day?Yes, you can make the entire sentence with graphic into one big graphic so you can hover over the entire thing... but I can't do it here from work. I need to Photoshop it from home. Can you wait a day?
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I just created a group page. Is there anyway to link that group page without it going through my personal page?

When you go to the group, it should have its own URL.

I just found out last night you have to have a certain number of fans/likes/groupies (what WOULD you call them?) before you can personalize your URL, though. Joy (from Tasty Tidbits) says she thinks it's 25, so I only need a few more!

pampchefsarah said:
I just found out last night you have to have a certain number of fans/likes/groupies (what WOULD you call them?) before you can personalize your URL, though. Joy (from Tasty Tidbits) says she thinks it's 25, so I only need a few more!

It is 25. Once you have 25, you can create a URL....although, I'm not sure if you can for a group, it might have to be a page.

pampchefsarah said:

ChefBeckyD said:
It is 25. Once you have 25, you can create a URL....although, I'm not sure if you can for a group, it might have to be a page.

Yes, you need 25 Fans before you can personalize the URL for your Page. I don't believe you can personalize the URL for a group, but it should still have its own URL that you can send to people. It just won't look as pretty as is, but if you're putting it in TT, your contacts won't see the full URL anyway.

I don't think I've ever seen a personal URL for a "group" page either... but Noora is correct - just paste in the URL (without the http://) for whatever page you want to link to when people click on the FB link and it will work. The FB and Twitter links will always be linked from a graphic icon. I don't plan to ever "spell out" the link so don't worry about it looking long and confusing.

PampChefJoy said:
The FB and Twitter links will always be linked from a graphic icon. I don't plan to ever "spell out" the link so don't worry about it looking long and confusing.

Would it be possible though to make the "Find me on Facebook!" sentence into a link? My email looked fine in the MailChimp preview, and on my Outlook at work, but my GMail made it all funky, and the icon went off to the side somewhere.

hmmm... I can make the entire sentence with graphic into one big graphic so you can hover over the entire thing... but I can't do it here from work. I need to Photoshop it from home. Can you wait a day?

I'm not in any hurry :) It was just something I had contemplated adjusting on my newsletter, but didn't, and now wish I had.

Related to Create a Facebook Group Page without Linking to Your Personal Profile

What is a Facebook Group Page?

A Facebook Group Page is a feature on the social media platform Facebook where users can create a designated space for people to come together and discuss a common interest, topic, or cause. It allows for more intimate and focused communication compared to a regular Facebook Page or personal profile.

How do I create a Facebook Group Page?

To create a Facebook Group Page, go to the Groups section on your Facebook homepage and click "Create Group" in the top right corner. Then, follow the prompts to choose a name, add members, and customize the group's settings and privacy options.

Who can join a Facebook Group Page?

The creator of a Facebook Group Page can choose to make it a public group, meaning anyone on Facebook can join, or a private group, which requires an invitation or approval from a group member to join. The group's privacy settings can also be adjusted to allow or restrict certain people from joining.

What can I do on a Facebook Group Page?

On a Facebook Group Page, members can post and share content, create events, conduct polls, and have discussions with other members. Group admins can also manage and moderate the group's content, members, and settings.

Can I leave a Facebook Group Page?

Yes, you can leave a Facebook Group Page at any time by clicking the "Leave Group" button in the group's main menu. This will remove you from the group and you will no longer receive notifications or be able to participate in the group's activities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Daron
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • ilovpc