• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Could a herniated disk be the source of my collar bone pain?

In summary, the bone doctor at the University of Washington diagnosed Laurie with a herniated disk in her neck that is causing all of her pain. She will have another MRI on her neck and left clavical area to confirm the diagnosis and then she will have to have surgery to fix the disk. However, she is hopeful that non-surgical methods will work better.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
As many of you know I have dealing with alot of pain in my left collar bone area since April. Well, I finally made it in to see THE bone doctor at the University of Washington today. His preliminary diagnosis is that I have a herniated disk in my neck that is causing all of my pain.

I have to have yet another MRI on my neck and left clavical area to confirm his diagnosis. So at least it sounds like I am heading in the right direction to finding out what is wrong with me :). I may not be a medicaly mystery much longer. ;)

I have a colleague who is having surgery this week for a herniated disk - it sounds like recovery is not fun! However, I am sure the relief from pain will be worth any recovery you have to go through - I've pinched nerves in my back and it's not fun! Good luck and I hope they figure this out soon so your pain can be relieved!

That's good news, Laurie. Having baffled doctors for a while myself, I know it feels good to be headed in some direction--any direction.Be sure to keep us updated.

Glad it sounds like they are finally getting somewhere! Good luck, and hope it's something that can be fixed so you can get out of your pain!

I had the same pain in my neck and in my shoulder 2 years ago. I ended up going to the chiropractor under the direction of my father, and it was the best thing I ever did - the relief was so unbelievable! Be sure to inquire about a good chiropractor!

I have to agree with going to a good chiropractor. I had compressed discs.. and after the fist visit was much better. My ortho wanted to do surgery. Glad I opted for the chiro.. Good luck . hope you feel better soon which ever direction you go.

laurie - if chiro is the way you want to go - i know an excellent one in tacoma. i work with alot of chiro's in tacoma - some are really shady! but talk to your doc first. you dont want them twisting and cracking you if its only going to make the problem worse. but ill keep you in my prayers & hope that your not a surgical candidate!

pamperedpals said:
As many of you know I have dealing with alot of pain in my left collar bone area since April. Well, I finally made it in to see THE bone doctor at the University of Washington today. His preliminary diagnosis is that I have a herniated disk in my neck that is causing all of my pain.

I have to have yet another MRI on my neck and left clavical area to confirm his diagnosis. So at least it sounds like I am heading in the right direction to finding out what is wrong with me :). I may not be a medicaly mystery much longer. ;)

Good luck and if you have to have surgery, PLEASE research surgeons extensively and don't let them rush you into a quick surgery! If you have a large, good hospital near you, go there! But, I too believe that non-surgery methods are MUCH better!!

chefshawna said:
Good luck and if you have to have surgery, PLEASE research surgeons extensively and don't let them rush you into a quick surgery! If you have a large, good hospital near you, go there! But, I too believe that non-surgery methods are MUCH better!!

I work for one of the best hospital's in the area :) so that part I am not concerned about. It is the amount of time that I may have to be off of work, if I do have to have surgery.

Oh well, I am not going to worry about that until I know for sure that is what is going to happen.

1. What is the "Just Back From the Dr's" product?

The "Just Back From the Dr's" product is a convenient and versatile meal solution offered by Pampered Chef. It includes a variety of nutritious and easy-to-prepare recipes that are specifically designed for busy individuals who have just returned from a doctor's appointment.

2. Are the recipes in the "Just Back From the Dr's" product healthy?

Yes, all of the recipes in the "Just Back From the Dr's" product are healthy and nutritious. They are created with input from registered dietitians and are designed to support a balanced and healthy lifestyle.

3. How long does it take to prepare a meal from the "Just Back From the Dr's" product?

The preparation time for each meal in the "Just Back From the Dr's" product varies, but most recipes can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. This makes it a convenient and time-saving option for busy individuals who may not have a lot of time to spend on meal preparation.

4. Can I customize the recipes in the "Just Back From the Dr's" product?

Yes, the recipes in the "Just Back From the Dr's" product can be customized to fit your dietary needs and preferences. You can substitute ingredients or make adjustments to suit your taste and nutritional requirements.

5. Is the "Just Back From the Dr's" product suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions?

Yes, the "Just Back From the Dr's" product offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. You can also customize the recipes to fit your specific needs and restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kitchen2u
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies