• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with a Dutch Oven: Recipe Ideas

In summary, the Grilled Jerk Shrimp recipe works great, but the product may not be as "sturdy" as other products.
Pam6170
Does anyone have any recipe ideas for this?? I ordered one and really want to use it at a show this spring.

Hmmm, not real recipes, but I've grilled asparagus in it, and last night I grilled chicken strips with peppers and onions for fajitas, and I'm thinking tonight I may marinate some shrimp and grill that.I think I'm going to have to buy a 2nd one, because I can tell already this one is going to be in use very often!

I posted a grilled jerk shrimp recipe under recipe tips about a week ago. It was great....and my husband loved using the basket.Michelle

Not a recipe... but roasted/ grilled potatoes...:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
Hmmm, not real recipes, but I've grilled asparagus in it, and last night I grilled chicken strips with peppers and onions for fajitas, and I'm thinking tonight I may marinate some shrimp and grill that.

I think I'm going to have to buy a 2nd one, because I can tell already this one is going to be in use very often!

I can't wait for the snow to melt - my porch is buried and I can't use my grill!!!! :grumpy:

Becky, I noticed that it didn't seem as "sturdy" as other products - like the sheet pans! How did it seem to work for you? Mine is hanging up waiting to be used!

janetupnorth said:
I can't wait for the snow to melt - my porch is buried and I can't use my grill!!!! :grumpy:

Becky, I noticed that it didn't seem as "sturdy" as other products - like the sheet pans! How did it seem to work for you? Mine is hanging up waiting to be used!

It works great! It hasn't warped on the grill - we have a charcoal (or as DH says - REAL!) Grill....

Make the recipe that comes with it!

Related to Cooking with a Dutch Oven: Recipe Ideas

1. What is a Dutch oven and how is it different from other cooking pots?

A Dutch oven is a large, heavy cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid. It is usually made of cast iron or enameled cast iron. Its thick walls and lid allow for even heat distribution, making it perfect for slow cooking and braising. The Dutch oven's design also allows it to retain heat for a longer period of time compared to other pots.

2. Can I use a Dutch oven on the stovetop and in the oven?

Yes, Dutch ovens are versatile and can be used on both the stovetop and in the oven. They are great for browning meat and sautéing vegetables on the stovetop, and can also be used to bake bread or casseroles in the oven.

3. What types of recipes are best suited for a Dutch oven?

Dutch ovens are perfect for recipes that require slow cooking or braising, such as stews, roasts, and soups. They are also great for dishes that need to be baked, like casseroles and bread. Dutch ovens are also ideal for one-pot meals, making clean-up a breeze.

4. How do I season and care for my Dutch oven?

To season a Dutch oven, wash it with warm, soapy water and dry it thoroughly. Then, coat the inside and outside with a thin layer of cooking oil. Place it in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for one hour. Allow it to cool before using. To care for your Dutch oven, always hand wash it and dry it thoroughly. Avoid using metal utensils, as they can scratch the enamel. If food gets stuck on the pot, soak it in warm, soapy water before cleaning.

5. Can I use a Dutch oven on a campfire or in an outdoor grill?

Yes, Dutch ovens are great for cooking over a campfire or on an outdoor grill. Just make sure to use heat-resistant gloves when handling the pot, as the outside will get very hot. You can also place coals on top of the lid to create an even cooking temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • JennyJennJen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray