• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna in the Rock Crok

In summary, to make the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna in the Rock Crok, you will need to brown ground beef or Italian sausage, add in diced onions and garlic, and layer uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce. You can use different types of meat, including ground beef, Italian sausage, and ground turkey, or make a vegetarian version. You can also use fresh or oven-ready lasagna noodles, and the Rock Crok is safe to use on a stovetop. Additionally, you can make the lasagna ahead of time and reheat it on the stovetop.
Roadtripray
Silver Member
Hey y'all, I found a recipe in an advertising circular and made some modifications and adapted it to the RockCrok. I used the Dutch Oven.Click here for my videoI'd love to have your feedback!Blessings,
Ray

looks good! I would be interested to know if it might work with the traditional lasagna layers... divide the meat sauce, layer of noodles, another layer of sauce, layer of noodles - then cook. Otherwise you could just use any pasta - I would think. Just a thought - you really can't go wrong with pasta, meat and cheese. :)

JenBlissCriswell said:
I would be interested to know if it might work with the traditional lasagna layers...
The only potential problem I see with this is you do need to stir the mixture when cooking on stovetop. Unlike when you are baking in an open, stovetop cooking involves cooking directly against the heat source. This causes the bottom to be significantly hotter than the sides, thus creating the need to stir.The other issue is that since stovetop cooking is using a higher and direct heat source, I don't know how well the cheese mixture would survive.You could cook it entirely at a low temperature, rather than a medium-low simmer for 20 minutes. Then you'd have Rock crok results similar to putting it in a crockpot. I'm not sure how much longer (if any) you'd have to cook with that method.The recipe I modified called for the broken up lasagna noodles. I wondered what would happen if I left the noodles unbroken, or maybe break them in half rather than into 2" pieces. I have a feeling it would interfere with the stirring process, and noodles may stick together.

1. How do I make the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna in the Rock Crok?

To make the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna in the Rock Crok, start by browning ground beef or Italian sausage in the Rock Crok over medium heat. Then, add in diced onions and garlic and cook until softened. Next, add in a jar of your favorite marinara sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. Layer uncooked lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, breaking them to fit as needed. Pour in a cup of water and bring to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Finally, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and let cook for an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.

2. Can I use different types of meat in the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna?

Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer in the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna. Ground beef, Italian sausage, and ground turkey are all great options. You can also make a vegetarian version by using meatless crumbles or omitting the meat altogether.

3. Can I use fresh lasagna noodles instead of uncooked noodles?

Yes, you can use fresh lasagna noodles in the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna. However, they may cook faster than the uncooked noodles, so you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. You can also use oven-ready lasagna noodles, but they may result in a slightly softer texture.

4. Can I make the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the 30 Minute Stovetop Lasagna ahead of time. Prepare the lasagna as directed, but do not add the cheese topping. Let cool and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to serve, top with shredded cheese and cook on the stovetop for 10-15 minutes, until heated through.

5. Is the Rock Crok safe to use on a stovetop?

Yes, the Rock Crok is safe to use on a stovetop. It is made of durable stoneware that can withstand high heat. However, be sure to follow the care instructions and avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing a hot crock on a cold surface or adding cold liquid to a hot crock.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg