• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Show Giveaways & Questions for Guests

In summary, this host offers a free gift to guests who order over $50, as well as a Twixit Clip to first-time attendees. She also offers a mix and chop to buyers who spend $60 or more, and offers a percentage of the sales to the hostess.
{*mandy*}
Gold Member
Wondering if anyone would share some suggestions/ideas on give away things for during a cooking show. And what kind of questions would you let the guest pick an item. re: I ask, "Has anyone brought a guest/friend with them that did not receive an invitation from the host?"
What are some other good things to ask?
Thanks for any responses.

I offer the invited guest & friend a free gift. I have nylon pan scrapers, twixit clips, citrus peelers in 6qt. Stainless Bowl. I pass around & let them choose. I give the host a gift & do 1 door prize (unless a large crowd) that I order off supply list (SB, mini spatula, whipper, etc.) I plan to start offering free shipping to orders $100 or more.

I had a $1198, show on Nov. 8th. I got very generous for me, and it did improve sales. One person asked about the discontinued bamboo tongs.
I knew I had five at home, so offered for the first five who ordered over
$50, I would give them one of the remaining tongs. Well, I had ten folks
come up with over $50 orders. Now, the dilemma. I did have seven as
it turned out, so only had to decide what to do for the other three. I
decided to order our #2046 which list for $6.50, and with the hostess' 30%,
figured I could afford them for the extra three people. I don't think they
will mind the more expensive model FREE. I also gave three door prizes
that included two of the cake mixes from 2006 Nat'l conference, and one
discontinued cutting board. I announced several times that since the hostess had $200 in outside orders before the party, and had 22 guests,
I was paying for her Hostess Bonus, stating that PC gave her 60% off,
and I was paying the additional 40% as a thank you. She actually received over $300 in FREE products with PC's extra Napkins for more than 12 orders.
I'm planning to enclose a thank you letter when I pack the orders for her,
stating that, and giving them the Chicken Jerk Salad recipe card, as well as a spice sample. At the party, as each person submitted their order, I let them select one of the Season's Best Cookbooks. I had way too many in my stash
from past seasons.

Result of all this unusual generosity for me: One guest who had not planned
to have a party has called me with an extra order, and has two more to give
me today, and possibly two others tomorrow. She is now striving to get at
least a few more to make it a party. I will offer to bring in a dessert to her office when I deliver the orders.

I only wish I had not been such a tight wad for my first two years. It appears
that being generous is paying off Royally. NOTE: When a hostess does her part, it is easier to loosen up. This one rented chairs to seat her 22 guests,
and took the day off from work to be sure her home was ready and inviting.
This was a Thursday evening dinner and dessert party. She made one dessert and I demo'd one, and finished the base I took. I preped the Chicken
Jerk Salad and assembled and made the dressing as part of the demo.

I realize this is lots more than I needed to do, but this hostess called me to
plan her second party after the successful one she had a year ago. That party had been our Deep Dish Baker Port Tenderloin and a fast dessert.

{*mandy*} said:
Wondering if anyone would share some suggestions/ideas on give away things for during a cooking show. And what kind of questions would you let the guest pick an item. re: I ask, "Has anyone brought a guest/friend with them that did not receive an invitation from the host?"
What are some other good things to ask?
Thanks for any responses.

I also give something to everyone who is a first time PC show attendee.....usually a Twixit Clip.

I've found old recipe cards, and make a pack of them up - usually about 3-5 recipes, to give away. I include 1 index card the same size with my contact info on it.

-praying for Paige and her family-

I have been struggling with my guests sales lately, so I decided to offer an incentive. One of my favorite products is the Mix & Chop, so anyone who purchases $60 or more I give it to them for free. I add it to the host order and get her discount, plus I get commission on the rest. So far it has been working, tonight I had only 4 ordering guests and sold over $220 in sales. All but one person will receive the deal.

1. How do I enter the cooking show giveaway?

To enter the cooking show giveaway, all you have to do is attend the cooking show and fill out a raffle ticket with your name and contact information. The winner will be randomly selected at the end of the cooking show.

2. What are the prizes for the cooking show giveaway?

The prizes for the cooking show giveaway vary depending on the host's preference, but they usually consist of Pampered Chef products or gift cards. The prizes will be announced at the beginning of the cooking show.

3. Can I bring a guest to the cooking show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a guest to the cooking show. However, please make sure to RSVP with the host beforehand so we can ensure we have enough seating and supplies for everyone.

4. Are there any requirements to be a guest at the cooking show?

No, there are no requirements to be a guest at the cooking show. All are welcome, whether you are a seasoned cook or just starting out in the kitchen. Our cooking shows are designed for everyone to have fun and learn something new.

5. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products at the cooking show?

Yes, you can purchase Pampered Chef products at the cooking show. Our consultants will have products available for purchase at the end of the cooking show. We also offer special deals and discounts for guests who attend the cooking show, so it's a great opportunity to stock up on some new kitchen tools.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shortstuff0203
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
AshleyAllison
  • ponvn591
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
txprincesskp
Replies