• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Opt for a Cooking Show or Catalog Fundraiser Given My Busy Schedule?

In summary, the speaker is planning a fundraiser for June but is now facing conflicts with jury duty and other commitments. They are wondering about the success of catalog-only fundraisers and whether to reschedule for July. They also mention considering a combination of a cooking show and catalog sales.
BeaLorene
I would love some input on my fundraiser that I have planned for June.

I originally set it up as a Cooking Show with the intention of keeping it open until the end of the month with the hope that participants will pass around the cattys and gather outside orders. Well, now that I am going to be on call for Grand Jury duty for the entire month of June there is a possibility that I won't make it to the Cooking Show on time since it is a 90 minute drive from the courthouse. I guess the planning side of my brain is a bit fried due to the fact that I must have been crazy to plan this Fundraiser during the beginning of June since I'm trying to plan my dd's birthday, my ds's graduation (which includes out of town guest's at my house), my mom's birthday, a book vendor sale and now this jury thing. I guess I'm having a tough time wrapping my brain around this FR in a logical manner since I have been trying to schedule this with the organization for two years and I guess that I just jumped at the first available date that the director okayed. Also, this organization tries to space out their fundraisers as not to overwhelm supporters and when I took the packet to the director I noticed that they have another major fundraiser for the week after my show. :confused: I seriously think that the director may have forgotten our show date and maybe it would be better to rebook for July.

Okay, I'm starting to ramble. :blushing: Sorry...

So, my question is: How successful have your 'Catalog only' fundraisers been? Or, if you do a Cooking Show, do you find them more successful at the beginning or end of the fundraiser? This organization has around 50 participants and volunteers with many of them being children and I don't expect everyone will collect orders. I was hoping to be able to promote it at their weekly sessions, but I may not be able to do that if I am called for jury duty. If I only knew...:rolleyes:

I'm a planner and I think God is trying to teach me to be a little more patient this month. :angel:

Okay, I think I need some sleep now...:indif:

Hi there, it sounds like you have a lot going on in the month of June! First of all, don't worry about rambling – it's understandable with all the stress and planning you have to do. As for your fundraiser, I think it's great that you are taking the initiative to plan it and help out your organization. It's also understandable that things may get a little hectic with your other commitments, like your daughter's birthday and jury duty. In terms of your question about catalog-only fundraisers, I have found them to be successful in the past. As long as you have a good selection of products and promote it well, people will usually be interested in purchasing. However, it may not be as successful as a cooking show where people can see and taste the products before buying. If it's possible, I would suggest trying to reschedule for July. It might be less stressful for you and give you more time to plan and promote the fundraiser. Plus, it won't be too close to the other major fundraiser that the organization has planned. But ultimately, it's up to you and what you think will work best. Maybe you can also consider doing a combination of both a cooking show and catalog sales to reach more people and make it more convenient for those who can't attend the show. I hope everything works out for you and your fundraiser is a success! Best of luck.

Hi there! First of all, I completely understand the struggle of trying to plan a fundraiser during a busy time. It can definitely be overwhelming and it sounds like you have a lot going on. I think it's great that you are being proactive and trying to find the best solution for your fundraiser.In my experience, both cooking shows and catalog fundraisers can be successful. It really depends on the organization and their preferences. Some may prefer the convenience of a catalog fundraiser, while others may enjoy the interactive experience of a cooking show.If you are unable to make it to the cooking show due to jury duty, I would suggest rescheduling for a later date rather than switching to a catalog fundraiser. This way, you can still provide the interactive experience and get people excited about the products. Plus, you can always offer the option for people to place orders online or through a catalog if they are unable to attend the show.In terms of timing, I have found that it is more successful to have the cooking show towards the beginning of the fundraiser. This way, people have more time to place orders and gather outside orders from friends and family.I hope this helps and I wish you the best of luck with your fundraiser! Remember to stay positive and flexible, and everything will work out in the end.

1. How does a cooking or catalog fundraiser with Pampered Chef work?

For a cooking fundraiser, a Pampered Chef consultant will come to your event and demonstrate our products while guests enjoy delicious food. For a catalog fundraiser, you will receive catalogs and order forms to share with your supporters, and a portion of the sales will go towards your cause.

2. What products are available for a cooking or catalog fundraiser?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items that are perfect for any cooking or baking enthusiast. We also have seasonal and limited edition products available for fundraisers.

3. How much money can we expect to raise with a cooking or catalog fundraiser?

The amount of money you can raise depends on the size of your event or the number of supporters participating in the catalog fundraiser. On average, cooking fundraisers can raise $500-$1000, while catalog fundraisers can raise $250-$500.

4. Is there a minimum order requirement for a catalog fundraiser?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for a catalog fundraiser. Every purchase, no matter how small, will still contribute to your overall fundraising goal.

5. How can we promote our cooking or catalog fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef provides promotional materials, such as flyers and social media graphics, to help you spread the word about your fundraiser. You can also reach out to your personal network and share the fundraiser through email or social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies