• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking London Broil in DCB: A Request from Charlotte

In summary, before cooking London broil in the DCB, season it with spices and marinade for at least 30 minutes. Do not use frozen London broil in the DCB to ensure even cooking and avoid food safety risks. Cook the meat for 20 minutes at 375°F for medium doneness, adjusting the cooking time based on thickness and using a meat thermometer. No need to add liquid to the DCB as it creates a steam-like cooking environment. Vegetables can be cooked with the London broil in the DCB, but cut them into small pieces and adjust cooking time accordingly.
vogee13
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have a suggestion for cooking a london broil in the DCB? I have a customer asking and I don't know.

Thanks, Charlotte

I don't have one for that but I do cook one on the grill pan and in the oven -

I've never tried London Broil in the DCB (my DCB is cracked! I'm so heartbroken), but I would suggest:

1lb to 1.5lb London Broil
1t - 1T Southwest or Cajun Rub (depending on taste)
1 white onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 Beefsteak tomato, sliced

Place meat in bottom of DCB, sprinkle on rub, cover with sliced veggies. Cook in microwave to desired level of doneness (I would say no less than 10 minutes - but, again, I haven't tried this).

Serve with steamed rice and a salad.

Ok, as soon as I get my DCB, I'm trying this!!

Sarah

I bought a DCB at a garage sale today - brand new with the box... I paid $20 for it!I am so excited about the price and I can't wait to use it!

Last edited:
Allison, you'll really enjoy it! Especially in the summer months (no heating the entire kitchen), and when you're in a hurry, but still want a great meal.

Sarah

Related to Cooking London Broil in DCB: A Request from Charlotte

1. How do I prepare the London broil before cooking it in the DCB?

Before cooking the London broil in the DCB, it is important to season it with your preferred spices and marinade. Make sure to let the meat marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. You can also score the meat with a sharp knife to help the marinade penetrate deeper.

2. Can I use frozen London broil in the DCB?

It is not recommended to use frozen London broil in the DCB. Allow the meat to thaw completely before cooking to ensure even cooking and avoid potential food safety risks.

3. How long should I cook the London broil in the DCB?

The cooking time for London broil in the DCB will vary depending on the size and thickness of the meat. As a general guideline, cook the meat for 20 minutes at 375°F for medium doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness and adjust the cooking time accordingly.

4. Do I need to add water or oil to the DCB before cooking the London broil?

No, you do not need to add any liquid to the DCB before cooking the London broil. The DCB is designed to lock in moisture and create a steam-like cooking environment, so adding extra liquid is not necessary.

5. Can I cook vegetables with the London broil in the DCB?

Yes, you can cook vegetables with the London broil in the DCB. However, make sure to cut the vegetables into small pieces and place them around the meat, as the DCB is not as large as a traditional roasting pan. You may also need to adjust the cooking time for the vegetables to ensure they are cooked to your desired level of tenderness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Lapple13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray