• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Burgers at Home: Grill or Skillet?

In summary, you can use any type of ground meat for burgers, just be sure to cook it to the appropriate internal temperature. The best way to season burgers is to mix the desired seasonings into the ground meat before forming the patties. Cooking time for burgers on the grill will vary, but a general guideline is 4-7 minutes per side depending on desired level of doneness. Burgers can also be cooked in a skillet for about 3-6 minutes per side. To determine if burgers are done, use a meat thermometer or check for any pinkness in the center.
urbnk8
This is probably a dumb question, but is there any reason that I would need to use the grill pan instead of a skillet besides the grill marks? I don't have the grill pan, but I could just use skillet right? I'm just afraid they would cook weird...

Oh, and I'm just making them at home, not for a show.

I think the grill pan is just to get the grill marks...doesn't the recipe say something about grill marks? I don't see why a regular skillet wouldn't work just as well.

That's what I figured but...

Thank you!

I did them in my 12" skillet and they worked just fine. That sauce is YUMMY!

straitfan said:
I did them in my 12" skillet and they worked just fine. That sauce is YUMMY!

I agree, I loved the sauce! I am not a big pork eater and the sauce made it taste great!

Well, unfortunately, I don't have the Smokey Barbecue Rub, so I just used bottled sauce. But the rub is on my next supply order! They turned out pretty good though! I can't wait to try it with the sauce from the recipe!

1. Can I use any type of ground meat for burgers?

Yes, you can use any type of ground meat for burgers such as beef, turkey, chicken, or even plant-based options like black bean or veggie burgers. Just be sure to cook the meat to the appropriate internal temperature.

2. What is the best way to season burgers?

The best way to season burgers is to mix the desired seasonings into the ground meat before forming the patties. This ensures that the flavors are evenly distributed throughout the burger. Some popular seasonings for burgers include salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.

3. How long should I cook burgers on the grill?

The cooking time for burgers on the grill will vary depending on the thickness of the patties and the desired level of doneness. Generally, burgers should be cooked for about 4-5 minutes per side for medium-rare, 5-6 minutes for medium, and 6-7 minutes for well-done.

4. Can I cook burgers in a skillet instead of on the grill?

Yes, you can definitely cook burgers in a skillet. Just make sure to preheat the skillet over medium-high heat before adding the burgers. Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side for medium-rare, 4-5 minutes for medium, and 5-6 minutes for well-done.

5. How do I know when burgers are done cooking?

The best way to determine if burgers are done cooking is by using a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach at least 160°F for beef or 165°F for poultry. You can also make a small cut in the center of the burger to check for any pinkness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • meganmcg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • IAmChefJ