• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cook Once, Eat for Weeks with our Roasting Pan!

In summary, the Roasting Pan is a great value and comes with a few great tips to add to the value. It is a great size to make casseroles in for pitch-in's and is a snap to clean up. Some other great ideas include Deep Dish Lasagna, Roasting two turkey breasts, and Triple a soup recipe and freeze it in small containers.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
As you all know it is easier to "sell" products with value added. People may look at the Roasting Pan as an expensive turkey pan they can use maybe twice a year.

Here are some great ideas to add to the value of our new Roasting Pan:

Suggest that this pan will SAVE money in just a few months by keeping you out of fast food and other restaurants. How many times have you gone "out" because you were too busy to cook tonight? Lots, I bet! So, instead, plan ahead!

On a day that you do have a little time cook 7 pounds of ground beef (cheaper by quantity) - the Roasting Pan fits over 2 burners on the stove top. Divide the ground beef into amounts that will be later used for spaghetti, lasagna, casseroles, etc. and freeze.

Triple a soup recipe and freeze it in small containers you can take to work. By lunch it will be almost thawed and ready to pop in the microwave.

Roast two turkey breasts - enjoy one that day and use the other for sliced turkey sandwiches or chop and freeze for a ring or braid or other casserole later in the week.

Roast 2 chickens or a ham and a chicken (will give a smokey taste as the flavors blend in cooking) and save one for later.

I bet you can think of lots of other ideas too!

Beth's TipsNice tips, Beth. Thanks! :)

A couple of other ideasMy director also gave me these ideas. She said she personally had been looking for a big non-stick pan to make lasagna in before the roasting pan came out. She said all the ones she looked at were even more expensive. This is a great size to make casseroles in for pitch-in's (which we have about once a month at Church). She also said another woman told her she was getting it because she had 4 sons and never could find a pan big enough to make post roast. She said by the time she got the roast in it, there wasn't enough room left for the potatoes and carrots.

Thanks Jennifer!

I forgot about the Deep Dish Lasagna! ...and I love the large casserole idea for covered dish events!!

I just had to share this other idea!!!I used my roasting pan over the weekend to make caramel popcorn for a pitch-in. I have made the popcorn several times and it was always such a pain because you have to bake it in the oven for an hour, and it was so hard to clean up afterwards. Everyone loves the popcorn, but such a pain to make. Anyway, I made the caramel in my professional saucepan and then poured it over the popcorn which I had put in my roasting pan. I could not believe how easy the caramel came off both pans!!! It made a usually pain-in-the-rear recipe a snap!

Jennifer,
That caramel popcorn sounds awesome! Would you mind emailing me the recipe?:eek:
[email protected]
Thanks!

Jennifer, could you please just post the recipe I think you have us all wanting to try it. :D Thanks!

I'm sure we could do an industrial-size batch of rice krispie treats with ease!!!!! I used to hate scraping it off the edges of my other stuff, hopefully this will make it easier and since they normally disappear after about 10 minutes I could get them to last a whole 20-30 minutes! LOL

Ooooh! Rice Krispie treats! I didn't think of that one!!
Here's the recipe. I got this from a friend of mine. It's been in her family awhile.

Oven Caramel Corn

2 Cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup white corn syrup
6 qts popped corn (exactly what the large stainless steel bowl holds. 24 cups)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla

Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and soda. Pour over the popped corn and stir well. Put on buttered cookie sheets or jely roll pans (no need to butter if using the roasting pan!). Place in a 200 degree oven for 1 hour. Stir about every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Store in covered containers to keep crisp.

I have made the same carmel corn recipe for years too!! I can vouch that it is GREAT! One hint: 2 bags of microwave popcorn is about 6 cups.

One other thing - I usually add about a cup of peanuts or mixed nuts - YUMM!! :D

Last edited:
Yeah, my husband always gets onto me for not using nuts. I love nuts, but we are usually taking this somewhere and you never know if someone is allergic to them, so I leave them out to be safe.

Has anyone actually cooked in it?I made a turkey breast on Sunday...wanted to try it out for myself before showing it off tonight at my party. The pan cleaned up wonderfully...unfortunately, I can't say the same for the rack. There are now dull places all over it from where the turkey stuck to it. It's clean, just dull. I almost don't want to take it tonight, but was really hoping to get Oct bookings from it. I think I would recommend guests spray the rack with the spritzer before roasting.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Sandy

Me tooHi Sandy,

I had a REALLY hard time cleaning it, and mine is dull as well. I've made a few turkey breasts and roasts and I've tried spraying the rack with oil, but it didn't help much. What I have found to work is to fill the roasting pan with soapy water, put the rack in it, and soak overnight. Certainly not easy clean up (although the pan does clean very quickly and well!) If anyone else has any ideas, please share!

Diane

I guess I have to try using mine. It's still so pretty tho! LOL

I was reading about the carmel corn and wondered about Chex Party mix. I have been looking for something big enough to make it in the oven. THis would work, eh?

Thanks for the ideas!!
Katie

dianevill said:
Hi Sandy,

I had a REALLY hard time cleaning it, and mine is dull as well. I've made a few turkey breasts and roasts and I've tried spraying the rack with oil, but it didn't help much. What I have found to work is to fill the roasting pan with soapy water, put the rack in it, and soak overnight. Certainly not easy clean up (although the pan does clean very quickly and well!) If anyone else has any ideas, please share!

Diane

I haven't used my roasting pan yet, but what about the Dawn Power Dissolver for the rack? I've used this on my glass 9x13...and yes this was before I got my stones!! HAHA!! Just curious if you think that would work?? I would also hate to have a customer buy it (full price or as the host special) and them not being happy with it after the first use. I guess that means it's trial and error for us! :rolleyes:

Another Concern[ Ok now don't get me wrong- I love this roasting pan. It's got many uses and is great value for our hosts this month. But one thing I noticed in the PUC is that it is only oven safe to 400 degrees!!!!!I have several recipes that call for roasting a chicken for between 425 and 500 degrees and then turning it down! I am not much a roaster, but this is a concern because it does not state this in the catalog. Also does anyone know about it in convection ovens? Most of the recipes I found for that call for a starting temp of 450. I was going to use the pan last night, but since I was roasting a chicken in my convection oven (for the first time!!) i actually could not use my new PC roasting pan due to the temperature. Any thoughts? Does anyone else think this could be an issue with our customers? :confused:

I personally have never baked or roasted any meat that high. The only thing I ever make that high is frozen pizzas or french fries. I have always done a lot of cooking too, so I am not worried about that.

WowPCAbbey - thanks for letting me know about the 400 limit. I guess I should read those PU&C better!! MOST of my roasting recipes call for starting out over 400 and turning down, as well...in fact, I might have done that with my last one, anyway. :eek:

I'm glad I got the pan for free...but, having said that...I don't feel like I can let a guest buy it, particularly at full price, without discussing its limitations. :(

Sandy

I agree with discussing the limitations, but remember that it does have the lifetime guarantee so just keep reciept and if you do want to make those recipes, call PC and have them fix it for you...if something happens to it. Just because it says its only safe up to that point, doesn't neccessarily mean something will happen to it.

Thats a good point about the life time guarantee. Thanks laura! Also am going to try the carmel corn recipe tonight. should be fun.

Well, this weekend in Canada it's Thanksgiving. I got my roasting pan just over a week ago and was anxious to use it. Then we decided to do our turkey on the barbecue rotissiere. Well, I had to think of another use for the Pan.

I had decided to make a double recipe of dressing - then we realized that our "turkey for 30" was not going to fit on the rotissiere. Out went the dressing and in went the turkey, but we still cooked it on the bbq. (The pan went right on the grill). It took a bit longer than we thought but it was juicy and there was hardly any drippings in the pan.

The dressing ended up in the rectangle baker with a little bit in the mini-baker. An apple tart was baked on the bar pan. Chili cheese dip was in the cranberry deep dish baker. Mashed potatos were in another rectangle baker with the woven tray. (It held 10 lbs of potatos!). Two types of cranberry sauce went in the Simple Additions small bowls/caddy and small striped bowl. And to top it off, jelly beans went in the small striped plate.

Of course, there was more food that wasn't cooked in PC. I think I have left-overs for a week!

I remembered to take photos of all the dishes at their best so I can put them into my scrapbook.

Canadian Thanksgiving PhotosAs a follow up to my Thanksgiving dinner I took photos of some of the dishes. It was a beautiful spread and my guests are still talking about it almost a week later.

I took the pictures with my little Zire 71 Palm Pilot - not bad when you need a photo in a pinch.

Attachments

• THANKSGIVING 2005.doc
    420 KB · Views: 717
Looks very yummy!! How did the roasting pan work out for you? I still haven't had a chance to really use mine. Any tips for first time use?

I'll be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 6 others. Every year, my husband invites some soldiers from his company over who aren't able to make it home for Thanksgiving. I try to make it as nice as I can for everyone! :)

1. How does the roasting pan help me save time in the kitchen?

The roasting pan allows you to cook larger portions of food at once, so you can have meals prepped for the entire week in one go. This saves you the time and effort of having to cook every day.

2. Can I use the roasting pan for different types of meals?

Yes, the roasting pan is versatile and can be used for a variety of meals including roasts, casseroles, and even desserts. The possibilities are endless!

3. Is the roasting pan easy to clean?

Absolutely! The roasting pan is made of non-stick material, making it easy to clean and requiring minimal effort. It is also dishwasher safe for added convenience.

4. Can I use the roasting pan in the oven and on the stovetop?

Yes, the roasting pan is oven-safe and can also be used on the stovetop for searing or sautéing before roasting. This makes it a versatile and convenient tool for all your cooking needs.

5. Does the roasting pan come with any recipes?

Yes, the roasting pan comes with a recipe booklet featuring delicious and easy-to-follow recipes specifically designed for the roasting pan. You can also find a variety of recipes on our website for even more inspiration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • pamperedbecky