• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Making Gravy in the Roasting Pan: Tips and Tricks for Delicious Results

In summary, Can you make gravy directly in the roasting pan (move it from the oven to stove top)? Should you use a different pan instead? Any tips or recommendations to make the gravy turn out yummy? When I went to our November cluster, I saw one of the girls doing exactly that. She placed the roasting pan over the 2 cooktop burners and proceeded to make gravy. That's when I fell in love with it completely! lol I also mix my liquid bouquet, broth (instead of water) and cornstarch in a mmp and add it to the bubbling meat drippings on top the stove. My mom uses her non PC pan to do make gravy that way and I
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Can you make gravy directly in the roasting pan (move it from the oven to stove top)? Should you use a different pan instead? Any tips or recommendations to make the gravy turn out yummy?

When I went to our November cluster, I saw one of the girls doing exactly that. She placed the roasting pan over the 2 cooktop burners and proceeded to make gravy. That's when I fell in love with it completely! lol

No tips on the gravy....I just do the normal process of using the juices with a bit of flour to thicken. Some garlic, salt and pepper.

Thats exactly the way I make my gravy....put roaster over 2 burners and use our silicone whisk and mix up a slurry of cornstarch & water and makes excellent gravy......On another note, if I am just making gravy from a chicken or a roast I've made in the DCB, I will then pour all the stock and slurry into our micro cooker and make in the microwave...withing 2-3 min, excellent gravy and no stirring on the burner.

millthayer said:
On another note, if I am just making gravy from a chicken or a roast I've made in the DCB, I will then pour all the stock and slurry into our micro cooker and make in the microwave...withing 2-3 min, excellent gravy and no stirring on the burner.

WHAT!?! REALLY!?! :eek: That is SOOOO AWESOME! Thanks for the tip....going to try that next time. Talk about easy and saving time! I'm excited!

REALLY!! I tell everyone this at all my shows...My husband calls that the Magic Pot and I cook everything in it....I know its not a high ticket item, but when you sell 5-12 every show, it adds up! Another hint I tell people is to make a Mock Omelet in it...no butter, just eggs, cheese, ham, onions, peppers, brocolli, mushrooms, etc and put in micro for a couple min, stir and put back in for another 1-2 min...I had some school teachers that called me to tell me how much better they're eating for breakfast before they leave for school!

I mix my liquid bouquet, broth (instead of water) and cornstarch in mmp and add it to the bubbling meat drippings on top the stove

My mom uses her non PC pan to do make gravy that way and I've wondered if you can do that with ours.Just double check the U&C and make sure it doesn't warn against stove top use. You never know, cause what if there's a problem down the road...

millthayer said:
REALLY!! I tell everyone this at all my shows...My husband calls that the Magic Pot and I cook everything in it....I know its not a high ticket item, but when you sell 5-12 every show, it adds up! Another hint I tell people is to make a Mock Omelet in it...no butter, just eggs, cheese, ham, onions, peppers, brocolli, mushrooms, etc and put in micro for a couple min, stir and put back in for another 1-2 min...I had some school teachers that called me to tell me how much better they're eating for breakfast before they leave for school!

I know what you mean....I rave about it too for cooking frozen ground beef....sell a couple every show. As you mention, it all adds up. Plus, guests appreciate that they can afford to add it to their order....they then book for the DCB! =)

Keep those ideas coming. I tout the prep bowls for MC D Big Breakfast eggs....but I can see how pretty and substantial the Micro Cooker Mock Omelet would be....

Don't you just love those emails or calls when the guests call you excited or happy because they're back in the kitchen and eating better? I like hearing...."I did it...and it worked!".....one of my favorite lines.
Love it...thanks for sharing!

Yep to all of the above - my mom taught me how to make gravy in the Roasting Pan after you take the turkey out. Put it on 2 burners, add flour, poultry seasoning and the juices from the boiled gizzards, and stir with the silicone flat whisk until it gets thick. YUM!!

Related to Making Gravy in the Roasting Pan: Tips and Tricks for Delicious Results

What is the purpose of using a roasting pan for making gravy?

The roasting pan allows for the drippings from the meat to collect at the bottom, which can then be used to make a flavorful gravy.

Can I use any type of roasting pan for making gravy?

Yes, you can use any type of roasting pan as long as it is oven-safe and has a shallow bottom to allow for the drippings to collect.

How do I make sure my gravy is not too greasy when using a roasting pan?

One way to prevent greasy gravy is to let the drippings cool and skim off the excess fat before using them to make the gravy. You can also use a fat separator to easily remove the fat.

Do I need to add flour to the drippings in the roasting pan to thicken the gravy?

Yes, flour is commonly used to thicken gravy made from roasting pan drippings. You can also use cornstarch or arrowroot as alternatives.

Can I make gravy in the roasting pan while the meat is still cooking?

Yes, you can start making the gravy in the roasting pan while the meat is still cooking. Just be sure to remove the roasting pan from the oven carefully and place it on the stove over medium heat to continue making the gravy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SpiritdancerIA
  • Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Belle4562
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
Replies