• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gravy Separator: A Magical Kitchen Tool?

In summary, the gravy separator is a device that helps make gravy. It is easy to use and has a lot of benefits.
leftymac
There's really no point to this thread, but I still wanted to write it :)

I have thought forever, "Now who really needs a gravy separator? Does anyone really get this?" because I figured it was worthless. Of course, I could never make gravy either (unless it was sausage gravy for biscuits...YUM!). But yesterday while wasting time at work I watched the product demo video on CC for the gravy separator and they made it look all easy and magical! Now I'm dying to get one just to see if I can make some gravy!

If I make the 30 minute chicken in the DCB and use the drippings from that, do you think it would come out as good as if I roasted the chicken in the oven? I don't see why it wouldn't, but you never know.

i personally would probably never use the thing, even if I got it. I make gravy alot too!

It really works well... It totally seperates the drippings (somewhat magically). Your gravy will have lots of flavor and not lots of grease. Try it out!!!

I get asked if this thing works all the time, and I have no clue. My idea of making gravy is heating up a jar of Heinz chicken gravy or turkey gravy in the microwave. More testimonials on this one would be great!

I took it to one of my last shows and said that it is for people like me that are "Gravy Challenged", they all got quite a laugh out of that!

I love that it's easy to clean. If you've ever used a more traditional gravy separator, you know that the tube-like spout is a pain to clean.I wish I had an answer for you, Keith. I've never made anything in the DCB in the microwave because it won't fit in mine.

leftymac said:
There's really no point to this thread, but I still wanted to write it :)

If I make the 30 minute chicken in the DCB and use the drippings from that, do you think it would come out as good as if I roasted the chicken in the oven? I don't see why it wouldn't, but you never know.

Yes I make awesome gravy from the 30 min chicken all the time! I do add just a bit of bullion to perk it up. but if you boil down the juice a bit that will help too. I do not get a ton of gravy but it is enough for my fam of 4 + enough for DH to take with his leftovers to work.

I do not have the Gravy seperator.

I have the gravy separator and tried it once but it didn't work. Could someone please explain.

BethCooks4U said:
I have the gravy separator and tried it once but it didn't work. Could someone please explain.

You do have to let the drippings sit for a few minutes after you pour them in.

As the drippings sit, the fat (grease) will rise to the top. The vertical divider near the spout causes the unit to pull from the bottom when you pour. So, as long as you pour slowly and don't empty the whole thing, you can pour out the drippings without re-adding all the fat.

I've only used mine a couple of times. But I hardly make things with gravy.

BethCooks4U said:

Watch the video on CC..it makes it look so easy! We'll see how easy it is when I actually try it.

I've let it sit and let the grease rise to the top, but when I went to slowly pour it... it was still pouring out the grease on the top because when you tip it the top liquid becomes the bottom (because of the shifting of fluids... front is lower than the back), if that makes any sense. It's okay, but I wouldn't say it works like magic.

I wonder if you overfilled it. I love mine.

It was only half-full.

Then I guess you answer is no. ;) LOL!

I am glad I am not the only one that cant really figure out how to use the gravy seperator. I did watch it on CC. Next time I make something that needs gravy i will definitly try it again.

My MIL has this and loves it -- she makes gravy alot! I don't so I've never used it but did watch her use it over Thanksgiving -- it worked really well.

1. What is a gravy separator and how does it work?

A gravy separator is a kitchen tool designed to separate fat from pan drippings or sauces. It works by using a spout and strainer to pour the liquid through, allowing the fat to rise to the top and be easily poured off.

2. Why should I use a gravy separator instead of just pouring the drippings directly from the pan?

Using a gravy separator makes it easy to remove excess fat from your sauces or gravies, giving you a healthier and more flavorful result. It also helps prevent any greasiness or oiliness in your dishes.

3. Can a gravy separator also be used for other types of liquids?

Yes, a gravy separator can be used for separating fat from any type of liquid, such as soups, broths, or even homemade stocks.

4. How do I clean and maintain my gravy separator?

To clean your gravy separator, simply wash it with hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Some gravy separators are also dishwasher safe. To maintain it, make sure to dry it completely before storing it to prevent any rust or mold growth.

5. Are gravy separators suitable for all types of cookware?

Most gravy separators are safe to use with all types of cookware, including non-stick and stainless steel. However, it is always best to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cactus_flower
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76