• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused by New Pampered Chef Directive: No Websites on FB!

In summary, there has been a recent directive from the director stating that PC consultants are not allowed to post their websites or mention that they are a PC rep on Facebook. This is in accordance with the Policy Guide which prohibits any form of advertising on the web. There are exceptions for fundraiser shows and personal electronic communications, but it is the responsibility of the consultant to ensure that their website is not linked to any other violating websites. It is recommended that consultants refer to the Policy Guide for more information.
ajnewchef
I just recieved a message from my director stating that PC is writing consultants and telling them to remove their websites from FB immediately. We are not allowed to post our websites, or say that we are a PC rep. Why? Has anyone else heard this?

Re: FacebookThere are A LOT of people on FB that advertise their website very openly. For example, if you go to Pampered Chef fan sites, there are consultants advertising everything about the business, who they are, etc. If you're on FB, your profile is private and you're not advertising at every given opportunity on there, you'll be fine.

Re: FacebookWe are not allowed to advertise on the web at all.

Re: FacebookFrom the Policy Guide (available on CC):

Links to Your Personal Web Site
Consultants of every level are prohibited from linking to their Pampered Chef® Personal Web Sites. This includes both sponsored links and banner ads that you pay for, as well as non-sponsored links that you don’t pay for. For instance, if a friend posts a link on their family’s Web site to your Personal Web Site, you would be in violation of this policy. Additionally, any other form of advertising on the Web is prohibited.

There are only two very specific exceptions to the linking policy.

The first pertains to Fundraiser Shows. If you have a Fundraiser with an organization that wishes to post a link to your Personal Web Site on their Web site, you may do so only with prior written approval from Consultant Career Solutions. Fundraiser links may only be active for 60 days. All other linking to your Personal Web Site is strictly prohibited.

The second exception pertains to personal electronic communications. You may continue to include your Personal Web Site address as part of your contact information or signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently available through your Personal Web Site and your personal e-mails to your customers. These communications may link to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic mail pieces that may be developed by our licensed merchandise vendor.

The ban on linking also prohibits the following:
• Listing or linking your Personal Web Site in Internet directories or search engines, such as Google or Yahoo.
• Purchasing or using a separate domain name to redirect visitors to your Personal Web Site.
• Linking to Consultant’s Corner from any Web site.
• Linking to The Pampered Chef® corporate Web site from any Web site.

It is your sole responsibility to ensure that your Personal Web Site is not linked to any other Web site that violates these policies.

There is much more in the PG as well, starting at page 37 (page 38 of the file).

Re: FacebookThanks for the info! I have removed my website info from my facebook page and from now on will send emails directly about our specials and possibly hosting a show.

Thanks agian everyone.

Re: FacebookYeah, I only mentioned that I was going to start selling PC (before I was a consultant!) on my Facebook page and did not have a link (didn't have my PWS at the time) and I got a VIOLATION email! :(

Re: Facebook
NooraK said:
From the Policy Guide (available on CC):

There is much more in the PG as well, starting at page 37 (page 38 of the file).

Thanks for posting this Noora. I don't believe people refer to the Policies as much as they should in regards to this particular subject.

kdangel518 said:
Thanks for posting this Noora. I don't believe people refer to the Policies as much as they should in regards to this particular subject.

There's a wealth of information in the PG, not just on advertising. I recommend that each consultant read through it, even if very quickly, just so they know where to refer back to when they need details.

NooraK said:
There's a wealth of information in the PG, not just on advertising. I recommend that each consultant read through it, even if very quickly, just so they know where to refer back to when they need details.

Thanks for pointing that out, and a tip o' the hat to you for putting a new post in the Hitchhiker's Guide Thread today so it goes into the new posts listing.

At the risk of sounding self-serving, the Hitchhiker's Guide should be mandatory reading for all newbies to this forum. There's a lot of good info in that thread provided by a number of very well seasoned Cheffers. (Including a proviso to RTFM for common TPC questions.)

Re: Facebooka note to my FB'ing friends... I just noticed (because I saw a note on a friends page) that if you are posting about Pampered Chef that they are being posted on these new "community pages" and they are search-able. I was really surprised! I know I have my settings super private and just wanted you all to know.

Re: FacebookPaulette, I saw your post and Googled those community pages. This is what I found:

Connecting to Everything You Care About | Facebook

I searched PC, and wow. I don't think I like that at all. I wonder if there's a way to exclude myself from that. I signed out and signed in as DH, and I saw the same things I'd seen under my profile, but there's also a section further down that says "Related Global Posts," so I wonder if what I might have said would show up for someone who isnt' my friend?

Re: FacebookI know!!! Crazy hugh! I think I saw a way in settings to prevent it But I can't remember?

Re: FacebookSo much for privacy on FB

nene960 said:
So much for privacy on FB

There have been tons of articles recently about how lots of people are deleting their Facebook pages because of privacy. I use it with the consideration that whatever I post, can potentially be seen by almost anyone. I dont' join groups, because I don't want them to have access to my information, but this is kind of starting to worry me...

Re: FacebookI agree Noora, I almost never click on the "I like blah blah " groups. I like to think my settings are as tight as can be. But I guess you just never know.

Re: FacebookI'd be very curious to know whether someone who is not my friend on Facebook would see what I saw.

Anyone out there who has not yet befriended me on FB want to search "Pampered Chef" and tell me if they see my name?

Re: FacebookI recently deleted my FB account b/c of privacy issues. I didn't realize how not private it was even if you had the privacy settings activated. Our family was being harrassed by a past acquaintance..... Craziness.

Re: FacebookHi Everyone;

I am not a FB'er.....however, my DH who is a techie, listens to podcasts on all kinds of topics. Including all the privacy issues surrounding FB these days.

I read him this thread and he shared information that I thought I would pass along to all of you to help you be a secure & private as you want to be:

1. Deleting your FB account does not delete your information. FB "saves" your information in case you decide to come back. That means even if you decide to never come back, your info is still searchable.

2. FB may add new settings and these are set at a default of "on" instead of you, the client, having the option of turning it on.

3. You may believe your settings are tightly private, however......there are hidden ways deep within FB that will allow your friends to share (inadvertently) your info, even if you only have the info set to share with "the chosen ones"

4. When you join a group, your privacy setting are basically out the window....your info is shared with everyone in that group....and if you haven't found all the hidden settings in FB, then those people can inadvertently share your info with their friends and so on.

FB's privacy setting controls are so convoluted & complicated, that there are now "how to" videos out there, made by techies, to help all FB'ers protect themselves & their info.

Really scary statistic.....FB's privacy statement is 5400+ words long! Which is longer than the US Constitution!!!!!

To all the FB'ers out there .....check out this link: http://www.reclaimprivacy.org
I hope this will be of some help to all of you.

Cheers,
Debbie

Re: FacebookDebbie, Please give your dh a HUGE thank you from me!

NooraK said:
I'd be very curious to know whether someone who is not my friend on Facebook would see what I saw.

Anyone out there who has not yet befriended me on FB want to search "Pampered Chef" and tell me if they see my name?

Noora, I just searched for pampered chef, and I did not see you, but it only went back in time 50 minutes.....5:35 pm Pacific time
Marghi

Re: FacebookOk, I just did a search for PC and I am floored by the blatant advertising on Facebook! Some people have created entire sites to advertise their business and I could EASILY click around in the sites so I know if they have specific privacy settings, they are not working!

Related to Confused by New Pampered Chef Directive: No Websites on FB!

What is the new directive from Pampered Chef regarding websites on Facebook?

The new directive from Pampered Chef states that consultants are not allowed to have their own personal websites or links to their websites on their Facebook pages. This includes any personal or business websites, as well as links to third-party websites.

Why is Pampered Chef implementing this new directive?

Pampered Chef has implemented this new directive to ensure that all consultants are following the same guidelines and to maintain the integrity of the brand. This helps to create a consistent and professional image for the company and its consultants.

Can I still share information about Pampered Chef on my Facebook page?

Yes, you can still share information about Pampered Chef on your Facebook page. However, you cannot include any links to your personal or business websites, or any third-party websites. You can share photos, recipes, and other content from the Pampered Chef website or social media pages.

What should I do if I already have a website linked on my Facebook page?

If you already have a website linked on your Facebook page, you will need to remove it to comply with the new directive. You can still share information about Pampered Chef on your Facebook page, but without any links to your personal or business websites.

Can I still have a Pampered Chef website or blog outside of Facebook?

Yes, you can still have a Pampered Chef website or blog outside of Facebook. However, you cannot promote it on your Facebook page or use it to sell Pampered Chef products. It should also not be linked to your Facebook page in any way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
buddy5909
  • talkintrac