• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Mishap: Postcards Never Mailed from Palmer House Hotel

In summary, the people in the Palmer House who sent postcards never received them, so they contacted the hotel and found that the mail slots don't work. The hotel is currently trying to fix the slots, but it's not going well.
thebowman
Gold Member
I went to Conference in Wave 1 and stayed at the Palmer House which I like but I may be re-thinking it next time. I just found out that all the postcards I sent to my Hosts and potential recruits in the hotels mail slots, never got mailed. Apparently the mail drop doesn't work and they only have a sign on the Lobby slot not on any of the floors. AHHHH! I am so upset!!!Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh my! I bet lots more people have had that happen to them, too...even tourists. Maybe someone from the hotel will notice and drop them in another slot.

Don't you think the nice thing to do would be to fix the slots? Good grief! I'm so sorry that none of your people got their mail!!

That's a bummer for sure! I hope the situation gets resolved. Why on Earth would they NOT pick them up? Sheesh!

I will call in the morning and talk to someone to make sure they DO mail them. There were 3 others in our group that mailed stuff too and they are VERY upset, my Director sent 40 + pieces of mail.

That's terrible!

We also stayed at the Palmer for the 1st time. We don't plan to stay there anymore. Tiny bathroom & room not real big. And there was only 3 of us.

So where does this mail go?? In a black hole?? :confused: That's ridiculous!!!! Hope this gets resolved for you.

Kitchen Diva said:
Don't you think the nice thing to do would be to fix the slots? Good grief! I'm so sorry that none of your people got their mail!!

Uh, yeah! That was my first thought too. How could they let them just stay like that without either sealing them, so they couldn't be used, or fixing them, so they could?

That is just craziness!

stacywhitlow said:
We also stayed at the Palmer for the 1st time. We don't plan to stay there anymore. Tiny bathroom & room not real big. And there was only 3 of us.

Hey! You must have gotten our room from 3 years ago!

But there were 4 of us, and a baby!:eek:

We won't ever stay there again either.

I was at the Sheraton and didn't even know hotels had mail slots (but then I vaguely remember something like that from the Palmer that one time I stayed there)... I just handed my mail to the concierge. (Did I spell that right?)

We stayed at the Palmer house and only had one tiny bathroom and two small size beds for three of us. When we asked about the other bathroom in the room that was LOCKED, the front desk told us that they were doing rennovations and would not be able to unlock it. The drain in the shower was clogged and our room safe didn't work - even after we bribed the front desk guy with a Starbucks coffee to help fix it. I won't be staying there again. I'm glad that I didn't mail anything out from there! That's horrible! I hope you didn't have any urgent bills to send! Who had the best hotel? I'm staying there next year!

I noticed them at the Hilton, but didn't mail anything while there.

I had no problem, then again I had the room to myself... :)

Related to Conference Mishap: Postcards Never Mailed from Palmer House Hotel

What is "I Just Can't Believe It!"?

"I Just Can't Believe It!" is a line of kitchen products offered by Pampered Chef. These products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more efficient.

What types of products are included in the "I Just Can't Believe It!" line?

The "I Just Can't Believe It!" line includes a variety of kitchen tools such as cutting boards, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and vegetable peelers. There are also products designed for specific tasks, like avocado slicers and strawberry hullers.

Are the "I Just Can't Believe It!" products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of the "I Just Can't Believe It!" products are dishwasher safe. This makes cleaning up after cooking a breeze and saves you time in the kitchen.

Can I purchase "I Just Can't Believe It!" products in a set?

Yes, many of the "I Just Can't Believe It!" products are available for purchase in sets. These sets often include multiple tools that work together to make a specific task easier, such as a set of measuring cups and spoons.

How can I purchase "I Just Can't Believe It!" products?

"I Just Can't Believe It!" products can be purchased through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. You can also host a Pampered Chef party to earn free products and discounts on your purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
thebowman
  • PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • PampMomof3
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies