• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing the Colander Set: Should She Wait for the New Set?

In summary, the current host is considering the new colander set, but is undecided whether it is better or not. The set has a different shape, is bigger, and comes with lids. There is a thread on the website discussing the differences between the two sets. The current host does not have the new set, but is interested in it. The older set is smaller and the lids do not come with it. The new set is a cheaper version.
kam
Staff member
I have a current host who is deciding her free products and is interested in the colander set. I do not have the current one and have not seen it.

I also have not seen the new set coming in March.

For those that have seen both: Is there a significant difference between the two? Should she wait to get the new set? Or is the benefit that the lids come with it now? I would like to be honest with her as to whether she should wait or not.

Any opinions???

Also, since this is her FPV, it's not like I am talking a guest out of placing an order on her show...

Thanks!

I just received my samples today and was looking at the new set. I am not sure at this point whether I like them better or not. The old set seems more sturdy to me, but the new set nests together better. There is a thread on here...probably search Sell A Thon or Sample threads to find it...that discusses the differences. I am not sure where to find the info. Maybe someone else can help.

The new set is a different shape - bigger around and shallower. I really like that about them - easier for dumping a pot of pasta, etc...into them.
They do seem to be a thinner material than the old set - but I don't know if that is going to really matter for what I use them for.

I have the old set and rarely use it. The smallest colander is really, well, small! The newer set is bigger and the lids come with it. I do agree with the construction/quality look to them but I like the new set compared to the older set.

By the way, did she have any April bookings? She can get the new set in April as the host benefit. Or book her off herself and she can have another kitchen show or catalog show in April after the new catalog comes out and get two of the items at 60% off.

wadesgirl said:
I have the old set and rarely use it. The smallest colander is really, well, small! The newer set is bigger and the lids come with it. I do agree with the construction/quality look to them but I like the new set compared to the older set.

Oh my goodness...I love my small colander...perfect for all the staples of my children....mac and cheese, tuna fish, pickles, olives. Any thing out of a box will fit in there, like Pasta Salad!

I have the old colanders and love them....however I am excited to use my new ones as well because they have a larger bowl with them!!!

So this one is definately a toss up!

I love the smaller two bowls in the older set. I rarely, if ever, use the two larger ones. Havn't looked at the new ones yet.

I have the old colanders and love them....however I seem to struggle to get the lid to stay on!!:(

I like the old set better. The new set doesn't "work together" like the old one did. You know how you can take the coander and bowl and put them top to top and they "lock" together, the new one doesn't. And the bowls themselves fit together top to top so you can shake. The new one just nests better, nothing else!
I think the new one is a much cheaper version!!
dja

i like the sizes and shapes of the new ones better.

I like the new ones better.

They also have little legs on the bottom that raise it off the sink a bit so things drain better.

kam said:
For those that have seen both: Is there a significant difference between the two? Should she wait to get the new set? Or is the benefit that the lids come with it now?QUOTE]

FYI: The lids do NOT come with the current set. :(

Kearstin, I think she meant that the lids will come with the Spring version (new), and they don't come with the Fall/Winter version (old).

I actually have taken both sets to my last 2 shows to let them see the difference and have their choice sold 8 sets
I much prefer the older set

chefann said:
Kearstin, I think she meant that the lids will come with the Spring version (new), and they don't come with the Fall/Winter version (old).

Ann, that is what I meant to say - thanks for clarifying for me! I think I am already in NEW PRODUCT mode. Geez, isn't it March already? :)

I finally opened my bowl set. I don't care for it. They look and feel like something you can buy at a big discount store (K-mart, Walmart, etc.) I like the way the old ones look, but I do like that the new ones are lifted off the surface and the lids come with. I like the design on the outside of the old ones. The new ones are very plain, generic looking. The upside is that I will keep them looking new for shows if I need them. I'll use the old ones in my kitchen, or at least I'll use the two smaller parts.

I was undecided too but then I decided to get the old set (as I saw a freind's bowl and liked the look and thickness of it). I Have heard by many that they look or feel like "Dollar store" quality. So I want a sturdy set just for home use and maybe take to our family parties if I need to.

I just took out my colander and bowl set again. I really looked at them and touched them to feel the sturdiness. I still think they are ugly, and they do look like Dollar Store quality.They definitely don't feel like a dollar store quality. You cannot push them in with your fingers (you know, dent them). The recipe for Taffy Apple Salad is on the product use and care card. It uses all four bowls. I may be able to use this at a show sometime. Even though I don't like green, they almost would be better with green on them like the collapsable bowl.

The thing I like best about the new set is that the large colander fits inside the large bowl. I liked that about the small bowl/colander of the old set, and never understood why they didn't make the larger ones like that as well.Also, I think the lids fit the new bowls better than my old ones fit their bowls.

I have the old set and I love it. I think it's great that the lids come with it now because I remember thinking how stupid it was that they didn't come with the old one's. I use one of the bowls/colanders at least once a day.

OK, I let her know it was a divided issue!! I explained the concerns/differences from all your responses and she is going to wait. She thinks she can get someone to book in April from her show and she will get the new colander set then.

Everyone: Thanks for all the opinions! I feel like I was able to tell her the truth (pros and cons) and she was able to make an informed decision.

THANKS!

daniellemorgan said:
I have the old set and I love it. I think it's great that the lids come with it now because I remember thinking how stupid it was that they didn't come with the old one's. I use one of the bowls/colanders at least once a day.
Yes, I wondered why they didn't come together, too.

Related to Comparing the Colander Set: Should She Wait for the New Set?

1. What are the differences between the current colander set and the upcoming set?

The current colander set is made of stainless steel and has a traditional design with small holes for draining. The upcoming set will have a modern silicone design with larger holes for easier draining. It will also come with a matching mixing bowl and a larger size option.

2. When will the new colander set be released?

The new colander set is expected to be released in two months. However, the exact release date may vary depending on production and shipping timelines.

3. Will the new colander set be more expensive than the current set?

The price of the new colander set has not been finalized yet. However, it is expected to be slightly more expensive due to the added features and updated design.

4. Can the new colander set be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, the new colander set is made of heat-resistant silicone and can be used for both hot and cold foods. It is also safe to use in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

5. Is it worth waiting for the new colander set or should I purchase the current set now?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and needs. If you prefer a traditional design and do not need the added features of the new set, the current colander set is a great option. However, if you are looking for a more modern and versatile colander set, it may be worth waiting for the release of the new set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jillmami
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • vogee13
  • Products and Tips