• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Combining Kids' and Adults' Show (Sorry if This Is Long)

In summary, the conversation revolved around a successful cooking show for kids and adults. The host wanted to have separate portions for kids and adults, which made for a long day but resulted in a profitable $1000 show. The host is now looking for ways to combine the two portions and make the show shorter, potentially with fewer recipes and more interactive involvement from the guests. Suggestions were given, such as prepping before the show and giving away extra door prizes. The conversation also mentioned the possibility of hosting the show on July 30th, which would be the speaker's 100th show. Overall, the conversation focused on finding ways to make the show more efficient and special.
pamperedbecky
I've done a bunch of "Cooking with Kids" shows and my most recent was a combo show. That host wanted to do a kids show for the first portion, then just the adults later on. It did make for a long day and I decided I probably wouldn't do it that way again....it was a lot more time devoted to it than a regular show. It did end up being about a $1000 show (for both combined), so that fact made it worth it. Here's how it went: at 10:30 am, the kids portion started. We made Tic-Tac-Toe pizzas and S'Mores Brownie Bites from the kids cookbook. I never do a "real" demo at this type of show because the kids' attention span isn't great. I do stick a flyer in the catalogs when I hand them out to moms with a list of great products for kids so they can at least read through this. I do find that most place orders for products off of this list. I try to make the kids' show go quickly. So, then for this particular show, we then did the adult portion of the show at 2:00 pm. I cleaned up in between and did a lot of prep work before the 2 pm start time. She had a few guests who just came to the 2nd portion, but most from the kids part did stay. I did two recipes (which really I should have just done one) and the host did about 3 PC recipes on her own and had them all ready. (Yes, I'm trying to recruit her, but she's not interested right now :( )

So it was a long day, but fun and profitable. The host really wanted to have both types of shows so those without kids could come and not be involved in the kids one and the moms from the first part could relax during the 2nd while the kids either went home or played outside. I didn't know any other way to combine them at the time. But now I'm trying to figure out how to make it a much shorter day for me, but to have both portions. I did get FOUR bookings out of that show, one of which is someone who wants to do the same format. But, I'm trying to figure out a more time-saving way to do it. If you have any suggestions on how to combine them, I'd love to hear!! One thought I had was 1) to shorten the amount of recipes I do and start ON TIME. That's always a challenge. We definitely didn't start on time with the kids' portion. 2) Possibly just do one or two recipes for the demo and have the kids AND adults help with the same recipes. Those without kids can help too to make it a very interactive show. Then hopefully while they're busy doing everything, I can do my presentation and be sure to cover all that I want to cover (bookings, recruiting lines, stoneware, cookware....all that I normally would do in a show). What do you all think?? Please help me brainstorm. :D If I can come up with a way to combine these and make it a shorter show, she wants to have it July 30th. She does have a shower to go to that afternoon and wants to leave the house by 3 pm.

Oh AND it would be my 100th show so I was hoping to make it something special. Thanks for your help! Sorry this was so long. Somehow I always have long posts...I try not to though. LOL :eek:

I would definely do one for the kids and one for the moms. If they are smaller kids have the moms help.

I would do the prep for the both recipes before the show starts and would basicly just put the moms recipe together and explain what you did. You could then leave a veg out to demo or have the moms do it. You then could get it all done in a short time. Since it is your 100th show maybe give away and extra door prize and wrap them up. Bring the lemonade. We all can come up with some great things.

The one I did was with 4th grade Girl Scouts and we did cut vegs with the crinkle cutter and did one of the pc dips then we made a ice cream sunday bar and the girls ate and I did the adults demo. I did a ring of some kind (a year ago) and was done in less then 5 hours including set up time. Everyone had a great time and it was a 800 show. You could do the ice cream sandwich maker.

Congratulations Becky on a great show. :) See you at conference.

I'm doing one of these shows tonight. There are only 6 adults and 4 kids coming so I suggested that we make one recipe together. The host thougth that would be great. That way the parents can help their kids and those who don't have kids can either help or just watch. I don't know how it will go. I was working on a flyer to include with the catalog showing good products for kids. Becky, could you share yours with me, so I can make sure I am on track, I'm only in SS1 so I don't want to hand out misinformation. Thanks so much.

jjhoo01 said:
I'm doing one of these shows tonight. There are only 6 adults and 4 kids coming so I suggested that we make one recipe together. The host thougth that would be great. That way the parents can help their kids and those who don't have kids can either help or just watch. I don't know how it will go. I was working on a flyer to include with the catalog showing good products for kids. Becky, could you share yours with me, so I can make sure I am on track, I'm only in SS1 so I don't want to hand out misinformation. Thanks so much.
Yep, I'll attach the flyer I used. I used to have a really cute font with the "title" that had kids faces in it, but when I got a new computer it didn't show up anymore.

So, what recipe are you doing at your show? I'd love to hear how it goes! I'm calling my host today to throw some ideas around. Unfortunately she doesn't have a lot of time. We were thinking of a start time of 10:30 am and she needs everyone gone by 2 pm. That's only a few hours, including clean up time for me. I think it's possible to pull off, but I don't want her to be stressed.

thanks for the kids flyer.

Shawnna

Thanks For the flyer Becky! That's pretty much what I was doing for mine. I am making the banana toffee pizza. I'll let you know how it goes tomarrow. Thanks again.

pamperedbecky said:
Yep, I'll attach the flyer I used. I used to have a really cute font with the "title" that had kids faces in it, but when I got a new computer it didn't show up anymore.

Becky,
I added some items to your Cooking With Kids flier. I also attached pictures to the items. Finally I took off the page numbers since we are getting ready to come out with a new catalog. I wanted the flier to not need editing every month.

Attachments

• GREAT PRODUCTS FOR KIDS.doc
    267.5 KB · Views: 608
Thanks Ginger! That's great. I like the pictures too. I know, as I talked about the flyer at shows, I realized more and more items I didn't add. Thanks for doing it for me! You're so good with the computer. You must have TONS of folders on your PC with all the files you've made. Out of curiousity, how do you organize them in your Word folders? Now that my list of files has tripled since coming to this website, I need to organize them better.

Thanks again! And I love your new signature since it now says "Director!"

I have a couple of flyers about kids shows and products for kids. If you want me to post them let me know! :)

Janel,
Please post them! I would LOVE to see them!!
:p

pamperedbecky said:
Out of curiousity, how do you organize them in your Word folders? Now that my list of files has tripled since coming to this website, I need to organize them better.

I have folders for each topic. I have invitations, host coaching, product pictures, tips, recruiting info, etc. Inside each folder, I have subtopics - Ex. Under invitations, I have holiday, desserts, summer, winter, etc.

I'm anal when it comes to organizing things on the computer. Not as anal about my computer DESK! I know where everything is, but they are in piles.

Thanks Ginger. I will attempt to organize my computer files that way. I know, my desk is one of the areas I really slack. It's a mess, but I pretty much know where everything is. That's part of why I took that "organization" topic workshop at conference. I can't wait to soak up the suggestions.

I'm taking that class too. I hope that I will get tips on how to organize my time better.

Well, I completed my first ever kids in the kitchen show. I had three girls and 8 adults. The kids did great and were really into making the banana toffee pizza. The adults were more into socializing. I kept trying to gain their attention, but they would pay attention and then go back to what they were talking about. That bugged me. Next time I will definantly have the adults do something. I was planning to have them help with the kids, but the kids were all over the age of 6 and that wasn't really necessary. So I think I will try to come up with something based off of the weekly bites this week where it said about having the adults compete with the kids next time. I don't know. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know I definately need to get organized with all the documents for PC I've saved on my computer. I too have a degree in Elemementary Ed. but am not teaching right so I know better so you would think I would be more organized. Anyway here are some of the kids show things I have. I got them from another website and they are full of good info. There were a couple more documents I was thinking of but couldn't find them of course because they are all unorganized! If I find them I'll post them. :eek:

Attachments

• cooking with kids2.doc
    125 KB · Views: 524
  • cooking with kids info.doc
    269.5 KB · Views: 547
  • cooking with kids.doc3.doc
    255 KB · Views: 563
  • Educational Baking.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 628
  • Safe Kids! Healthy Kids!....2004.doc
    138 KB · Views: 643
Thanks for posting those. They are great!

janel kelly said:
Anyway here are some of the kids show things I have. I got them from another website and they are full of good info. :eek:

Those are GREAT! Did you get them from a website already put together OR did you do all that retyping yourself? WOW! AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

I got them from another website. Is that ok to post flyers from another PC website? I figured we are all in this together so why not share with each other. I like the flyers from that website but it is harder for me to figure out how to do messages and communicate and all on the other one. This website is much easier to "move around in" for lack of a better term.

No, I would never retype anything! :D Too much work. hahaha

THank you these are great. I need to do more with this.

Definitely ok to get from another source. That is where a lot of my things come from. I get great stuff from my director, my hospitality director, and my executive director. We are all in this together.

1. Can I bring my children to an adult show?

Yes, children are welcome to attend adult shows as long as they are supervised by an adult at all times. Please keep in mind that our products are not toys and may contain small parts that could be hazardous to young children.

2. Are there any age restrictions for children at shows?

No, there are no age restrictions for children at shows. However, it is recommended that children under the age of 5 may not fully enjoy or engage in the show and may be better suited for a separate kids' show.

3. Can my child participate in the cooking demonstrations?

Children are welcome to assist in the cooking demonstrations with the help of their parent or guardian. However, please note that our products are not designed for children to use without adult supervision.

4. Is there a separate kids' show available?

Yes, we offer a separate kids' show that is specifically designed for children to participate in. This show is a fun and interactive experience that will keep your child engaged and entertained.

5. Do I need to pay for my child's seat at the adult show?

No, children do not need to have a paid seat at the adult show. However, if your child would like to have their own seat and participate in the show, they will need to have a ticket purchased for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayteTUrner
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
KayteTUrner
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies