• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Collapsible Bowl Quality: A Comparison to Tupperware Equivalent

In summary, the collapsible bowl is a serving piece that is not meant for hot items and has a rather large size, making it ideal for salads, fruits, and chips. It does not have an equivalent from Tupperware, which mostly offers storage bowls. However, some users have experienced staining issues with the bowl, especially when using it with tomato-based foods like salsa and watermelon. Some recommended solutions include using a cascade plastics cleaner or spraying the bowl with oil before adding the food. Despite this issue, the bowl has been a popular seller for spring/summer. Its safety for freezer use is unknown.
beepampered
What is the quality of the collapsible bowl? Specifically, how does it compare to the Tupperware equivalent? Thanks....

The tupperware one has more firm ridges. Ours is smooth when it's open, it doesn't look accordian-like. I like ours better. Just remember it's not meant for hot things and the lid goes on, but it isn't a great seal for liquids. But it's rather large anyway, so it's more meant for salads and fruit and chips, etc.

Tupperware doesn't really have an equivalent. Theirs are storage bowls, ours is a serving piece.

I am rather dissapointed in ours. I put watermelon in it a few weeks ago, and when I washed it, there were pink melon stains on it. I know that tomato sauce would stain it, but didn't think fruit would.

try the cascade plastics cleaner, and I know there are other homemade cleaners that others have shared before for this very same problem

pampered Ruth said:
I am rather dissapointed in ours. I put watermelon in it a few weeks ago, and when I washed it, there were pink melon stains on it. I know that tomato sauce would stain it, but didn't think fruit would.

I goofed and put salsa in the middle with chips all around (collapsed position) and the salsa stained the green part (just a little bit.) I tried several cleansers but nothing worked. Darn!

I had a Tupperware Consultant tell me she LOVES the Collapsible Bowl from PC!

jrodeo said:
I goofed and put salsa in the middle with chips all around (collapsed position) and the salsa stained the green part (just a little bit.) I tried several cleansers but nothing worked. Darn!

My recruiter actually TELLS people to use it for chips and salsa when she shows it...I guess she hasn't actually tried it yet. I'll need to share this with her! :D

I cannot compare it to others but this has been one of my top sellers for spring/summer! :)

If you don't want the salsa to stain it, spray it with a bit of oil first. It will protect the bowl from the tomatoes.

raebates said:
If you don't want the salsa to stain it, spray it with a bit of oil first. It will protect the bowl from the tomatoes.

Rae you are so helpful, I really do appreciate all the tips you post!

does anyone know if it is freezer safe? like for a rum punch?

raebates said:

Awesome, thanks for the tip!

1. What material is the collapsible bowl made of?

The collapsible bowl is made of a durable and food-grade silicone material, which is BPA-free and safe for use in the kitchen.

2. Is the collapsible bowl microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, the collapsible bowl is both microwave and dishwasher safe for easy and convenient use. However, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water for longer durability.

3. How much liquid can the collapsible bowl hold?

The collapsible bowl can hold up to 3 cups or 24 ounces of liquid, making it perfect for mixing and pouring ingredients while cooking or baking.

4. Can the collapsible bowl be used for hot and cold food?

Yes, the collapsible bowl is versatile and can be used for both hot and cold food. It is heat resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and can also be used in the freezer.

5. How does the collapsible bowl collapse for storage?

The collapsible bowl has a unique design that allows it to collapse to a flat and compact size for easy storage. Simply push down on the center of the bowl and it will fold in on itself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MarciMac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • Trish in Texas
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Trish in Texas
  • letscook04