• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Banishing Onion Odor from Your 8qt Collapsible Serving Bowl: Tips and Tricks

In summary, the customer's onion odor persists even after using various cleaning solutions. The customer suggests baking soda and water mix, which seems to work temporarily.
donnathepamperedchef
I have a customer that purchased the 8qt Collapsible Serving Bowl, used it for a salad and now the odor of the onions just won't go away. I suggested baking soda/water mix but it still stinks! Any other ideas

Vinegar. Wipe it down with vinegar, and let it sit for a while and then rinse.

Or, just fill it with a mixture of vinegar and water for a while....but that's a lot of water and vinegar.

Thanks Becky, will ask her to give that a try :)

Place some crumpled newspaper in the bowl and close the lid. I don't know if it will work on plastic, but it works on anything else I've ever tried to remove odor from.

Been there done that. I have one too that the onion smell will not come out of. I have tried everything including the vinegar. I also have a cutting board too that stinks to high heaven of garlic and onion and that won't come out either. I used bleach, baking soda paste, vinegar, and a bunch of others stuff for that too and it simply will not go away!

pampered1224 said:
Been there done that. I have one too that the onion smell will not come out of. I have tried everything including the vinegar. I also have a cutting board too that stinks to high heaven of garlic and onion and that won't come out either. I used bleach, baking soda paste, vinegar, and a bunch of others stuff for that too and it simply will not go away!

Ok, I know I'm weird, but that really doesn't sound like a problem to me! Of course, I'm also the person who, when my Director says "this will keep the smell of garlic off your hands," wonders why that's a selling point.

sounds like my silicone basting brush. not supposed to retain odors. lol. mine reeks of garlic!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting rid of the onion odor in your 8qt Collapsible Serving Bowl. I can understand how frustrating that must be. One trick that I have found to be effective is using white vinegar. Simply mix equal parts white vinegar and water and let the solution sit in the bowl for a few hours, then rinse it out thoroughly. The vinegar helps to neutralize the odors and leaves the bowl smelling fresh. Another option is using lemon juice. Squeeze a lemon into the bowl and add some water, then let it sit for a few hours before rinsing it out. The citric acid in the lemon helps to break down the onion odor. If these natural remedies don't work, you can also try using a mixture of dish soap and baking soda. Make a paste with equal parts of both and scrub the inside of the bowl, then rinse it out. This should help to remove any lingering odors. I hope these tips help and that you're able to get your 8qt Collapsible Serving Bowl smelling fresh again. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. How can I get rid of onion odor from my hands?

To eliminate onion odor from your hands, you can rub them with a stainless steel utensil under cold running water. You can also try rubbing your hands with lemon juice or white vinegar, then rinse with water and soap.

2. How can I prevent onion odor from lingering in my kitchen?

A helpful tip is to chop onions near an open window or use a kitchen exhaust fan to remove the odor. You can also place a bowl of white vinegar or baking soda in the kitchen to absorb the odor.

3. Does wearing gloves while chopping onions eliminate the odor?

Wearing gloves while chopping onions can help prevent the odor from transferring to your hands, but it does not completely eliminate the odor. You will still need to wash your hands afterwards to fully remove the smell.

4. Can I use any Pampered Chef products to help with onion odor?

Yes, you can use the Pampered Chef Garlic Peeler to easily remove the skin from onions without having to touch them. You can also use the Pampered Chef Garlic Press to quickly and cleanly mince onions without the strong odor lingering on your hands.

5. How can I get rid of onion odor from my cutting board?

To remove onion odor from your cutting board, sprinkle it with salt and rub with half a lemon. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and soap. You can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to scrub the cutting board, then rinse with warm water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shelly Flanagan
  • siderits
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kkimpinski
Replies