• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help - Ssmb's - Cover Has Picked up Odors

In summary, to remove odors from your Ssmb's cover, you can try washing it in warm soapy water, placing it in a sealed bag with baking soda overnight, or using mild soap and water. It is not recommended to use bleach or put the cover in the dishwasher. The cover is made from food-safe materials and should be cleaned after each use to prevent odors from building up.
donnathepamperedchef
I was preparing a dish on the weekend and mixed up my onions, garlic and ginger, put in the SSMB, covered it with the lid, put in the fridge and now the covers just reeks of the mix. I have tried baking soda, not working? Any other suggestions? Why would the lid pick up the odor?

Stainless Steel mixing bowl, I'm assuming? Hmm, could you perhaps use the SS cleaner on it?
Otherwise, I'd say to soak it overnight in soapy water, or run it thru the dishwasher perhaps. If that doesn't work, I'd call the test kitchen at home office for their recommendations.

Best of luck!

Thanks Paula. Haven't tried the ss cleaner, but will be running it through the dishwasher to see if that helps.

i don't think I'd use the SS cleaner on the lids. Check the directions first. My guess- not...since they have all sorts of warnings on the SS Cleaner (I wear gloves!).

Try vinegar on the lid. Then it will smell like vinegar :)
but after you wash with dish soap all the other smells should be gone.

Baking soda and twice through the dishwasher, little better, now going to try some vinegar. Thank you everyone for the tips.

I have the same problem. I did salsa in it and left it in the fridge for a few days. OH MY! The lid has gone through the dishwasher twice and ICKY!! I am ordering a replacement. No more garlic/onion ingredients will be staying in that bowl anymore!

I found the same thing on my Classic Batter Bowl Lid. Thanks for the vinegar idea - I'll try it!

Try Lemon Juice. It works wonders for smells on/in plastic.

Related to Help - Ssmb's - Cover Has Picked up Odors

1. How do I get rid of odors on my Ssmb's cover?

To remove odors from your Ssmb's cover, you can try washing it in warm soapy water and letting it air dry. You can also try placing it in a sealed bag with baking soda overnight to absorb any lingering odors.

2. Can I use bleach to remove odors from my Ssmb's cover?

No, we do not recommend using bleach on your Ssmb's cover as it can damage the fabric and cause it to wear out faster. Stick to using mild soap and water for best results.

3. Will the odors transfer to my food when using the Ssmb's cover?

No, the Ssmb's cover is made from food-safe materials and is designed to protect your food from odors and outside contaminants.

4. Can I put the Ssmb's cover in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting the Ssmb's cover in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the cover and affect its performance. Hand washing is the best method for cleaning the cover.

5. How often should I clean my Ssmb's cover?

We recommend cleaning your Ssmb's cover after each use to prevent any odors from building up. If you notice any lingering odors, it may be time to give the cover a more thorough cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• donnathepamperedchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ivykeep