• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Stuff to Do With the Collapsable Bowl

but I can't think of the term. I think it is called a salad bowl.I always tell people it's great for nuts in the...but I can't think of the term.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have a collapsable bowl and have never used it ...

I noticed the chip and dip idea ... but my roomate pointed out that there's not much room in the rim for the chips or crackers.

I can't put the cheeseburger salad in it ... but my guests aren't clamoring for that one anyway ...

Any ideas to show off its versitility? Or like the chilzanne server, should I leave it empty to show off the things you can do with it?

At shows, I just pop it up and down a couple times, and then pass it around for people to see. I talk about how great it is for camping - because it takes up so little room, but you can put a huge salad, or pasta salad, or chips, or popcorn.....in it.

I sold a couple of these just by showing folks how sturdy it is (letting them hold it) how it has a list for taking to picnics and potlucks and showing them how it collapses and yet won't collapse while full (a concern someone had had when I mentioned it to them)... it seems to sell itself.

I do what Becky does and then use it to collect my drawing slips.

DebbieJ said:
I do what Becky does and then use it to collect my drawing slips.
Me too! It's easy to bring it along no matter what recipe I do since it's compact and light. I sell 1 or 2 at every show.

I used it recently at a show as a chip and dip. I put the dip around the outside and the chips in the center. It worked great w/ the small bamboo spoons to get the dip. and clean up was breeze, b/c all I had to do was "pop" the bowl back to reg size and wash it!!
Just an idea!

This may be silly, but I always make lemonade or something with the QSP at shows. At a recent show we had to do the demo in the dining room, so rather than moving the garbage can from the kitchen, I just dumped the seeds and lemon leftovers into the bowl and then dumped it out in the trash after the demo was finished. I said it was kind of like Rachael Ray's garbage bowl...but bigger! I haven't used it for food at a show yet, since no one has selected a recipe I could serve up in it. Unless I'm going with it as a "garbage bowl," I also use it for door prize drawing slips.

I can't think of the "culinary term" but I think it is called a scraps bowl. That congers up a different picture than garbage bowl!!! :D They honestly do teach chefs to use a container of some sort when cooking, because it saves time.

My guests get teased a little. I ask them if they can guess what this product is. (Catalogs are handed out at the end). We have fun with their answers. Some know right away what it is and that is great because the point out how much nicer our collapsable bowl is compaired to others they have seen.

That's a great idea - using it as a "garbage bowl" at shows.

I have used it for chips and dip. Putting the dip in the center and the chips, crackers, veggies in two rows around it. One row in the center part and the other around the edge of the bowl. Looks pretty. Obviously couldn't do that with a runny dip though.

I have been serving the Greek Cheese Torta on it with bagel chips around the edges. When I do this, I have it so the bottom of the bowl is face up, making a platform for the torta. Looks great!

I talk about how great it would be to use for summer salads for picnics, fruit, etc. I have it collasped at the show and when I pop it out, I look for who ever's jaw drops the furthest and they get an extra ticket. There's always one person who is in complete shock when you pop it out!

wadesgirl said:
I talk about how great it would be to use for summer salads for picnics, fruit, etc. I have it collasped at the show and when I pop it out, I look for who ever's jaw drops the furthest and they get an extra ticket. There's always one person who is in complete shock when you pop it out!
That makes me laugh and reminds me of the floral cupcake pan. I would always "pop" out one of the cupcake holders to show how flexible it was and people would jump back!! LOL

I always tell people it's great for nuts in the shell--pistachios and peanuts. Your family (or even real people) can put the shells in the outer rim.

"or even real people"
LOL......too funny!

baychef said:
I can't think of the "culinary term" but I think it is called a scraps bowl. That congers up a different picture than garbage bowl!!! :D They honestly do teach chefs to use a container of some sort when cooking, because it saves time.

When I'm at home... I throw all my scraps and paper trash from cooking into the sink, but when I'm at a show... I also use this bowl as a "scraps" bowl, too.

I'm planning to make lemonade at my next show just to show off the Mandoline and my "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" theme.

I MAY mix my velvet cake mix in it too .... since I need the batter bowl to melt the chips ... but I can use a SA bowl for that, can't I? I'd kind of rather either leave it clean and pass it around ... or use it for scraps.

Di_Can_Cook said:
I'm planning to make lemonade at my next show just to show off the Mandoline and my "when life gives you lemons, make lemonade" theme.

I MAY mix my velvet cake mix in it too .... since I need the batter bowl to melt the chips ... but I can use a SA bowl for that, can't I? I'd kind of rather either leave it clean and pass it around ... or use it for scraps.

Di,

I don't really see it as a mixing bowl - but as a serving bowl. I think you would need a mixing bowl to have more stable sides.

Agreeed ... with a chocolate cake, I'd be concerned about the stainage issue, too.

First, I show the bowl collapsed then I pop it open and everyone loves it. I love to demo the Collassal Chopped SAlad during this time of year and it holds it perfectly. Plus, it is easy to toss the ingredients using the new serving tools. I take it to every show regardless of what recipe I am doing. It is a great seller for me and I hope they come out with different sizes. I also talk up the idea of it being great for campers, those downsizing to smaller kitchens, etc.

straitfan said:
"or even real people"
LOL......too funny!

Think about it . . .

The people who live in your own house don't count as real people. You do and say things in front of them that you would never do or say in front of real people. :rolleyes:

Oh I totally get it! Was just so funny to see it in print!
:)

I didn't figure it confused you too badly. I've gotten the weirdest looks from people when I use the expression, though. It's like it takes them a moment or two to process what I've actually said.

My guys aren't offended. They consider it an honor to be unreal people.

I've sold a few to people with large dogs; it's a great bowl to take on trips and use as the dog's watering bowl. (Got the idea from someone on CS)

I love the collasable bowl but I was wondering if the collapsable part will ever wear out? I have one and have sold many at my last show I sold 3 of them.

Di_Can_Cook said:

I don't know how much of the chocolate chips you have to melt but I always use the easy read measuring cups to melt things at my shows.

One of the girls on my team brought up the fact that there isn't a lot of room for chips so she said that she flips hers over and puts a bowl on the raised center. There is more room for the chips that way. I also slice fuit and put in around the outside and then put a fruit dip (8 oz. cream cheese, 8 oz. Cool whip and 1 cup of powdered sugar) in the middle. I usually stand slices of apples around the perimeter of the bowl before filling it with dip, this leaves the outside for pineapple, strawberris, bananas, oranges or whatever!

1. What is the Collapsible Bowl used for?

The Collapsible Bowl is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for mixing, storing, and serving food. It can also be used as a colander for rinsing fruits and vegetables, or as a strainer for draining pasta.

2. How do I collapse the Collapsible Bowl?

To collapse the bowl, simply press down on the center of the bowl with one hand while using your other hand to push the sides towards the center. This will fold the bowl into a compact and flat shape for easy storage.

3. Is the Collapsible Bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the Collapsible Bowl is made from microwave-safe materials and can be used to heat up food in the microwave. However, it is not recommended to use it for long periods of time or at high temperatures.

4. Can I use the Collapsible Bowl in the oven?

No, the Collapsible Bowl is not designed to be used in the oven. It is made from silicone, which has a lower melting point than traditional oven-safe materials.

5. How do I clean the Collapsible Bowl?

The Collapsible Bowl is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water for best results. Make sure to fully expand the bowl before washing to ensure all food particles are removed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • SusanBP0129