• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Collapsable Bowls at Costco: A Game-Changer for Storage?

In summary, Costco has the Collapsable bowl in 3 different sizes for $19.99!!!!!!:eek:Yikes, that will hurt my sales!I was just thinking the same thing! :cry:I was just at Costco and they have the Collapsable bowl in 3 different sizes for $19.99!!!!!!:eek:Same quality as ours though?? I love our bowl!:love:Same quality as ours though?? I love our bowl!:love:
letscook04
Gold Member
I was just at Costco and they have the Collapsable bowl in 3 different sizes for $19.99!!!!!!:eek:

Yikes, that will hurt my sales!

I was just thinking the same thing! :cry:

letscook04 said:
I was just at Costco and they have the Collapsable bowl in 3 different sizes for $19.99!!!!!!:eek:
Same quality as ours though?? I love our bowl!:love:

heat123 said:
Same quality as ours though?? I love our bowl!:love:

Yes it is!! It is Red & ours is Green. Comes in a set of three different sizes for $19.99 & ours is only one for $25.00!!

Do all Costco's carry the same merchandise? I was just at our Costco and did not see one.

Hmm, I wonder if HO got word of this if they will lower the price next season?

cewcooks said:
Do all Costco's carry the same merchandise? I was just at our Costco and did not see one.

I don't think so. I live in New York.

To bad I did not have my camera with me to show you guys:yuck:

No all Costco's don't carry the same thing. It varies by region. I used to work there for 8 years....

I highly doubt that this bowl at Costco will effect our sales. I'm sure ours is superior quality and of course is backed by our awesome guarantee.I, for one, will not be worrying one bit.

Not to mention, not everyone has a Costco membership, or even one in their area.

What ever happened to that "As Seen On TV" food chopper that looked just like ours? It was "Only $19.99 + S&H and if you order in the next 10 minutes, we'll send you a second one FREE."I always figured you needed a second one to use when the first one broke after a week. It really did look just like ours.

I actually had many people in my area buy that chopper,(2) but eventually come back to PC. It was crap.

Thanks - that was exactly my point. ;)

chefann said:
Not to mention, not everyone has a Costco membership, or even one in their area.

That is what I am hoping for! :rolleyes:
I went with my mom since she has a membership. I belong to BJ's.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
What ever happened to that "As Seen On TV" food chopper that looked just like ours? It was "Only $19.99 + S&H and if you order in the next 10 minutes, we'll send you a second one FREE."

I always figured you needed a second one to use when the first one broke after a week. It really did look just like ours.

What is that saying? "You get what you paid for":D

I saw those two a couple weeks ago, they were cool looking. I liked the color better but am hoping PC will come out with smaller sizes.

letscook04 said:
What is that saying? "You get what you paid for":D
Not in that case. People paid for choppers. What they got was filler for their recycle container.

For years now when new product was going to come out I would check out the Costco to see if they had anything new.... They get on my nerves, they came out with a roasting pan, forged cutlery and a set of Poly cuttingboards. Grrr.

Ya but we all still go back there - I do love Costco and BJ's but they are hurting the little markets, delis etc -

Side note - Colleen what were you doing going to Costco today in the first snow storm to hit LI all year?? LOL!!!! Cluster even got cancelled!!

I'll confess - I'm a Costco addict & yes they have the collapsible bowl at my store in PA & Costco's guarantees are lifetime!! I think they also have collapsible collanders too. I don't have my PC bowl yet so I can't compare the quality. But not everyone shops there, nor does everyone that does, go up & down every aisle, looking for the merchandise that WE have our eyes on. I've compared their cookware to ours & think ours outranks. Not to worry -- our reputation will have customers buying our bowl because we will sell the benefits!!

PartiesbyJamie said:
I'll confess - I'm a Costco addict & yes they have the collapsible bowl at my store in PA & Costco's guarantees are lifetime!! I think they also have collapsible collanders too. I don't have my PC bowl yet so I can't compare the quality. But not everyone shops there, nor does everyone that does, go up & down every aisle, looking for the merchandise that WE have our eyes on. I've compared their cookware to ours & think ours outranks. Not to worry -- our reputation will have customers buying our bowl because we will sell the benefits!!

Costco Addicts Unite!:D :D :D

I :love: love:love: Costco!

ChefBeckyD said:
Costco Addicts Unite!:D :D :D

I :love: love:love: Costco!

Hi my name is Doreen and I am a Costco addict..... I shop weekly there!! (well I am a family of 7 !!) :rolleyes:

PartiesbyJamie said:
I saw the collanders too. I had bought the larger one from Bed Bath and Beyond at a higher price and no little collander came with it! Bummer.

I saw a bowl that looked alot likes ours on solutions.com. It was in red also. But I don't think it comes with the lid, it does not look exactly like ours and the largest is 5 qt. Wonder if this is what was at Costco - the red made me think it might be...

1.5 quart Collapsible Bowl | Solutions

I do like the pour spout on that one. Nice.

PamperedDor said:
Ya but we all still go back there - I do love Costco and BJ's but they are hurting the little markets, delis etc -

Side note - Colleen what were you doing going to Costco today in the first snow storm to hit LI all year?? LOL!!!! Cluster even got cancelled!!

Snow, what snow? LOL More like a slippery mess. The idiots are out trying to drive but instead crashing into everything & everyone!!!. Sunrise hwy had a pile up!!!:rolleyes:

kam said:
I saw a bowl that looked alot likes ours on solutions.com. It was in red also. But I don't think it comes with the lid, it does not look exactly like ours and the largest is 5 qt. Wonder if this is what was at Costco - the red made me think it might be...

1.5 quart Collapsible Bowl | Solutions

It kind of looks like the one from costco but all three were for $19.99.

Hey Doreen, can you go tomorrow and take a picture?? LOL

letscook04 said:
Snow, what snow? LOL More like a slippery mess. The idiots are out trying to drive but instead crashing into everything & everyone!!!. Sunrise hwy had a pile up!!!:rolleyes:

I know - You would think that we would remember how to drive in the snow /slush - LOL

The roads are slippery though!!! I'm going to Costco tommorrow - Need anything??? LOL!!! Oh to be a Talleen!! LOL

letscook04 said:
It kind of looks like the one from costco but all three were for $19.99.

Hey Doreen, can you go tomorrow and take a picture?? LOL

that is funny - you posted before I even said I was going - I would if I could figure out how to post the picture!!! LOL - I will text it to you - LOL

PamperedDor said:
I know - You would think that we would remember how to drive in the snow /slush - LOL

The roads are slippery though!!! I'm going to Costco tommorrow - Need anything??? LOL!!! Oh to be a Talleen!! LOL

LOL!! Ok, you need to take a picture of it to show everyone on Chefsuccess!:D

We don't have Costco. I guess it's good since I don't need another addiction:)!

PamperedDor said:
that is funny - you posted before I even said I was going - I would if I could figure out how to post the picture!!! LOL - I will text it to you - LOL
Here ya go.

My costco had the bowls in blue. Sure, you will always be able to find similar products somewhere else - possible for cheaper - but costco won't come cook for you!

Yeah, so I took the spring catalog to my hair dresser's tonight- who is also one of my best friends, and a fellow PC lover. I showed her the bowl, and she was like, oh, I got one of those at such-and-such store. I was like WHAT? I thought it was a great product, and so innovative. She was in a bad mood today though. I was annoyed that she wasn't more excited about my PC stuff. :(

No costco here......Arkansas is Wal-Mart country....so we get Sam's Club

kaseydee said:
No costco here......Arkansas is Wal-Mart country....so we get Sam's Club
Same here in KS!

PartiesbyJamie said:
I'll confess - I'm a Costco addict & yes they have the collapsible bowl at my store in PA & Costco's guarantees are lifetime!!

Costco is starting to limit their return policy, not everything from Costco has a lifetime warranty.

Here's one similar at BB&B but it doesn't have a lid. I think that will be a good selling point for ours.
Bed Bath & Beyond Product

I saw these this past weekend at our Costco as well, we live in San Antonio. Our Costco had both red and blue. I pointed them out to my hubby and he thought they were cool.

I want to pose a question,Does PC come up with the ideas first then people copy us, or does PC copy from other people?

What is your opinion?

Dang it too! We have both Sam's and Costco!

PC buys products from manufacturers to distribute through consultants. In some cases, PC asks (or manufacturers offer) to make 'em exclusively for PC. In the case of these bowls, it looks like they're not exclusive (yet) ;)

It really goes both ways - TPC seems to have (reluctantly) given in to the fad of silicone bakeware with one (rather unique) entry. The fad must have cooled, I don't see as much silicone bakeware in the stores anymore.I'd like to know who came up with the idea for the Mix 'n' Chop.

Or there are very slight differences that make each one exclusive in its own way.

;) ;)
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
It really goes both ways - TPC seems to have (reluctantly) given in to the fad of silicone bakeware with one (rather unique) entry. The fad must have cooled, I don't see as much silicone bakeware in the stores anymore.

I'd like to know who came up with the idea for the Mix 'n' Chop.

Ya wouldn't we all like to be the inventor of a 9.00 item that got put on backorder only weeks after its debut!!! Maybe it was Donald.... NOT!!!;)

chefann said:
Or there are very slight differences that make each one exclusive in its own way.
Sort of like a consultant who is a Cheffer - a slight difference that makes each one of us exclusive.

DebbieJ said:
Costco is starting to limit their return policy, not everything from Costco has a lifetime warranty.
I know ..but mostly everything does. Certainly their bowls :)

I'm so glad I"m not alone out there - Costco Addicts Unite!!

OK, I just read through this thread. One thing I noticed...did you realize that the PC collapsible bowl is 8 quarts, not 5?

This would help with the price difference! Also, don't forget...$10 in April for hosts!!

Hope that helps!
Paula

<h2>1. What are the benefits of using collapsible bowls for storage?</h2><p>Collapsible bowls are a game-changer for storage because they take up minimal space when not in use, making them perfect for small kitchens or limited storage areas. They are also lightweight and easy to transport, making them great for picnics or camping trips. Additionally, they are dishwasher safe and made with durable materials, ensuring long-lasting use.</p><h2>2. Are collapsible bowls safe to use in the microwave?</h2><p>Yes, our collapsible bowls are microwave safe. However, it is important to make sure the bowl is fully expanded and there are no metal components attached before heating food in the microwave.</p><h2>3. Can I use these collapsible bowls for hot and cold foods?</h2><p>Yes, our collapsible bowls are made with heat-resistant materials and can be used for both hot and cold foods. They are perfect for serving hot soups or storing leftover pasta salad in the fridge.</p><h2>4. How do I collapse the bowls for storage?</h2><p>Collapsing the bowls is simple and easy. First, make sure the bowl is completely empty. Then, gently press down on the center of the bowl until it collapses. Finally, fold the sides of the bowl inwards to create a flat, compact shape for storage.</p><h2>5. Can I use these collapsible bowls for cooking?</h2><p>Our collapsible bowls are not intended for cooking on the stovetop or in the oven. However, they can be used for mixing and preparing ingredients and are safe to use in the microwave for heating up foods.</p>

Related to Collapsable Bowls at Costco: A Game-Changer for Storage?

1. What are the benefits of using collapsible bowls for storage?

Collapsible bowls are a game-changer for storage because they take up minimal space when not in use, making them perfect for small kitchens or limited storage areas. They are also lightweight and easy to transport, making them great for picnics or camping trips. Additionally, they are dishwasher safe and made with durable materials, ensuring long-lasting use.

2. Are collapsible bowls safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, our collapsible bowls are microwave safe. However, it is important to make sure the bowl is fully expanded and there are no metal components attached before heating food in the microwave.

3. Can I use these collapsible bowls for hot and cold foods?

Yes, our collapsible bowls are made with heat-resistant materials and can be used for both hot and cold foods. They are perfect for serving hot soups or storing leftover pasta salad in the fridge.

4. How do I collapse the bowls for storage?

Collapsing the bowls is simple and easy. First, make sure the bowl is completely empty. Then, gently press down on the center of the bowl until it collapses. Finally, fold the sides of the bowl inwards to create a flat, compact shape for storage.

5. Can I use these collapsible bowls for cooking?

Our collapsible bowls are not intended for cooking on the stovetop or in the oven. However, they can be used for mixing and preparing ingredients and are safe to use in the microwave for heating up foods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MarciMac
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies