• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Clubhouse Chicken Squares Question

In summary, the conversation is about making crescent chicken squares for a book club meeting. The dough usually comes out in two parts and can be sealed together using the Baker's Roll. It is normal for the dough to puff up and turn golden brown, but it can be reduced if desired. Fresh or canned chicken can be used, and if dill mix is not available, alternatives such as dry dill, Italian seasoning, or dry ranch dressing mix can be used. The squares can be served at room temperature, and there is no need to refrigerate before serving. Some prefer them at room temperature for better flavor.
northern_sunshine
So I'm making my tester of these before tonight (figured it'd give DH and daughter something for supper). Do the crescents usually come out of the tube in 2 parts? Mine did. Also, the dough puffed up quite a bit and got fairly dark golden. Is that normal? I hope so!!

Yes they come out in two parts. You can use the Baker's Roll to seal them together once they are in the pan. Mine have not pufed a lot, but they puff some. The dark golden brown just means you may want to reduce your cooking time if you are going for a light golden. Once you get all the topping on it that will weigh the puff down and cover up most of the golden if you think it it too dark.

Hope this helped!

Well, this one doesn't have to be too pretty cause it's my tester and it's for my husband, TPC guinea pig! :D I will reduce the cook time, to get a more golden color since I will be doing the crust here and everyone will see it naked. :)

Mine puffs. One thing I learned was to NOT run the dough up the sides of the pan. You end up with a thick rim that leaves the outside edges of the dish without much topping on it. So, trim it off if you can't get it all fairly level and even in the pan!

These are really good. Even my 8 yo loves these!

One time, at a Bridal Shower show......I forgot that I had put the crust in the oven to bake......it turned out VERY brown.....and crunchy! I used it anyway - didn't have any choice....and everyone still loved them and asked for the recipe!:eek: Now, I ALWAYS bake the crust at home before taking it to the show!;)

I am going to make these for a book club meeting tomorrow night. Have never made them before. Do you guys use canned chicken or fresh? I don't have the dill mix. Should I substitute something else? I gather these are served at room temperature.

If these are easy, and they sound like they are, I will add them to my show recipe collection.

I usually use fresh chicken....well, actually, leftover chicken. But I've made them for shows w/ canned chicken, and they taste great either way. If you don't have the Dill Mix, try a little dry dill, S&P, and fresh garlic.....or a little dry ranch dressing mix.

Italian seasoning is good as a substitute, too.

lisatx04 said:
I am going to make these for a book club meeting tomorrow night. Have never made them before. Do you guys use canned chicken or fresh? I don't have the dill mix. Should I substitute something else? I gather these are served at room temperature.

If these are easy, and they sound like they are, I will add them to my show recipe collection.

When I make this recipe I use cooked and cooled chicken breasts chopped with the Food Chopper. I tried the canned chicken and didn't really like it. You can substitue dried dill weed for the All-Purpose Dill Mix.

Oh, the Italian works with it? That's great to know cause I LOVE to have a reason to dig it out it smells so good and I have it (don't have the dill).

I'm using canned chicken cause it's cheaper and I didn't have any chicken breast thawed.

I got the impression that they are served chilled cause you refridgerate them for 30 mins before serving.

Is the 30 minutes necessary? If I refrigerate the full 30 minutes that's 30 minutes I have to talk (though I suppose I could do a small talk and take some orders in that time.)

northern_sunshine said:
Oh, the Italian works with it? That's great to know cause I LOVE to have a reason to dig it out it smells so good and I have it (don't have the dill).

I'm using canned chicken cause it's cheaper and I didn't have any chicken breast thawed.

I got the impression that they are served chilled cause you refridgerate them for 30 mins before serving.

Is the 30 minutes necessary? If I refrigerate the full 30 minutes that's 30 minutes I have to talk (though I suppose I could do a small talk and take some orders in that time.)

I never refrigerate before serving......and I actually think they taste better room temperature rather than cold from the refrigerator.....

They're more flavorful at room temp. I never refrigerate them unless there are leftovers.

I have never put mine in the frig before serving. I have done these for lots of parties and we eat them as soon as they are ready.

I have substitute Dried Ranch Dressing Mix for the seasoning when I did not have the Dill.

Oh good! I ramble enough without an open invitation. LOL

I normally make and serve them right at the party. I haven't made the Clubhouse Chicken squares ahead and refrigerated, but have the Seven Layer Salad squares and they were great. If I am making the clubhouse squares I normally have the crust already baked when I arrive at the show. That way it has time to cool.

I don't like dill at all and for some reason the version I have doesn't even have dill. It does call for garlic though. Good thing about no dill in the version I have or I never would have tried it :rolleyes:

northern_sunshine said:

I've never refridgerated them. I've also always used canned chicken. Next time I make them at home, I'm going to use fresh just for a change. I use dill weed and fresh garlic in the cream cheese, but other flavors would be good, too, I think.

It's like one of those dishes that would be really hard to ruin.

If your crust is puffing up too much try poking a few holes in the crust (with a fork) before you bake it. This works with pie crusts (that are baked without a filling) so it should work with this.

Related to Clubhouse Chicken Squares Question

What are the ingredients needed for Clubhouse Chicken Squares?

The ingredients needed for Clubhouse Chicken Squares are cooked chicken breast, crescent rolls, cream cheese, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, ranch dressing mix, and chopped green onions.

How do I make Clubhouse Chicken Squares?

To make Clubhouse Chicken Squares, preheat your oven to 375°F. Mix together the cooked chicken, cream cheese, cooked bacon, shredded cheese, ranch dressing mix, and chopped green onions. Unroll the crescent rolls and lay them out on a baking sheet. Place the chicken mixture onto the crescent rolls and fold the edges over to create a square. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use a different type of meat such as turkey or ham in place of chicken for this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the type of meat used.

Can I make Clubhouse Chicken Squares ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the Clubhouse Chicken Squares ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. They can also be frozen for later use. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

What can I serve with Clubhouse Chicken Squares?

Clubhouse Chicken Squares can be served as a main dish with a side of vegetables or salad. They can also be cut into smaller squares and served as an appetizer. Some popular side dishes to serve with them include roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a green salad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefshawna
Replies
Views
Ginger428