• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!

In summary, the individual had left a decorator bucket filled with colored sand and party stakes with wine glasses at a local winery for display. After being contacted by the winery two months later, they were asked to set an appointment to pick up their items. Despite arriving at the scheduled time, they found the door closed and their items sitting outside in the rain, causing them to become soaked. The individual expressed frustration and disappointment, stating that they would not recommend the winery for business. Others in the conversation also expressed their sympathy and suggested contacting the winery to complain. Later, it was mentioned that displaying products at the winery was against company policy, causing confusion and frustration.
lockhartkitchen
I left a decorator bucket filled with colored sand and the party stakes (with wine glasses) at a local winery for display. They emailed me to say they were changing out the shop (it's been two months), so they wanted me to come get it. They wanted me to set an appointment. I told them I would pick up at 4:00 today. With our heavy rain, I arrived at 4:10 to a closed door and my bucket with all my products, sitting outside in the full rain. Sand soaked, products soaked. This isn't a true "potty" word, so I'll say it. I was pissed! Actually, still am. They wouldnt' even think of putting a client's $40 bottle of wine outside in the rain, so why in the world would they put my things outside? There was no email. I just checked. Needless to say, I live in wine country and I have many clients. I will not be recommending this winery for business.

I'm sorry this happened. It was very unprofessional of them. I would most definatly give them a piece of my mind!

On the bright side, you just gave me an awesome idea for our new winery here! I never would have thought to contact them!

I would be mad too! Are you sure it wasn't just a worker that wanted to leave (and didn't care) that put it outside?

Are you going to call and talk to the owner tomorrow. That is just not cool.

I would definitely call...bet someone was supposed to wait on you and got impatient. 10 minutes is not that late either, especially if you were driving in the rain!

4:00 is rather early to close a winery, isn't it? Sorry that they did that to you.

candiejayne said:
I'm sorry this happened. It was very unprofessional of them. I would most definatly give them a piece of my mind!

On the bright side, you just gave me an awesome idea for our new winery here! I never would have thought to contact them!

Actually we can not display products at a store (Winery counts as a store). I wanted to display a wine bottle opener at our local winery - just one and business cards for people to call to order - and was told that it was against PC policy.

Even so, I am outraged at what they did to you Julie. No excuse for that.

"Actually we can not display products at a store (Winery counts as a store). I wanted to display a wine bottle opener at our local winery - just one and business cards for people to call to order - and was told that it was against PC policy."

Beth where does it say that???

I'm sorry Julie it stinks how your were treated.

I certainly think you should call and complain to the owner..good thing nothing was STOLEN out there...
Too bad in hindsight you didn't call to let them know you would be a few minutes late, but why would you even think they would treat your things w/ such disregard? You should make them pay to replace that stuff!

My son (being a 14 year old) asked if I dumped my wet purple sand outside the door. Darn, I'm too nice. I don't see anything about not being able to display the products. Can someone cut and paste from our policies if I'm missing something? I don't see it.

The very first "rule" as stated and quoted from Terms & Conditions of Independent Consultant Agreement on the back of the Agreement/Kit Order Form:

A. As an Independent Consultant, I understand and agree:

1. I willl promote and sell Company products by regularly holding Cooking shows. I will not sell Company products on unauthorized Web sites on the Internet or in any public, retail or service establishments.

I called HO when I had the opportunity to put the wine bottle opener in that winery and they emphatically said that it would be inviolation of the above bolded (by me) statement.

We can do booths in retail/public places though. I would THINK if it's simply displayed (not technically for sale), you are fine. After all, it's a display to create interest. Why is it okay to put up a poster, but not the physical product? I think it's a silly rule, but can see how it could get out of hand if you are SELLING the product.

Jules711 said:
We can do booths in retail/public places though. I would THINK if it's simply displayed (not technically for sale), you are fine. After all, it's a display to create interest. Why is it okay to put up a poster, but not the physical product? I think it's a silly rule, but can see how it could get out of hand if you are SELLING the product.

It is fine to have a booth with products displayed while we are attending the booth but we can not leave things in a store for display or sale. If the booth is a "permanent" one then we can't do that either (you know like in a craft or antique store) - we have to physically be there for it to be within the guidelines. It is against policy even if it's just a display. Just like the internet rules, it creates an unfair playing field.

It's the first thing in the conditions on the agreement.

Thanks for clarifying. I like to make sure I'm following the rules. I agree, if you're not selling there, but creating interests, it's a silly rule.

I looked back at the original email and she had told me they were open until 5 PM each day. I don't have time to phone, I work during the day, so I emailed. Here's what I said: Dori,"Today, Tuesday, I arrived at 4:10 PM to pick up my basket and products. My basket with products was sitting outside the doors in the rain. Needless to say, with over $50 in products, I was quite upset having my products all wet, and transporting wet sand in my car. I don't know who had left it sitting outside, but it would have been nice to have covered it, if someone had to leave for an emergency. "I've "blessed and released" as some would say here on CS

let us know their response

Julie, did you ever hear back on this?

Julie, I don't blame you for being ticked. That was uncalled for. As to the issue of displaying products in a retail establishment--I had a request last week. I got a call from a local place where different craft and home business people have booths. The woman asked if I do PC. I assured her I did. She went on to explain that her PC lady was leaving PC. Her customers love PC and would be very disappointed. I told her that I was sorry to hear that. I also explained that it was against company policy to display products in a permanent retail establishment. I told her I would be glad to provide her with a few catalogs and business cards in case she had a customer who was desperate for PC, though. She agreed.When I took the items in, she showed me the little area the PC consultant was currently using. It's mostly discontinued products. I told her I was very sorry that she was losing this bit of business, but I did not feel comfortable filling the space.

No response today. I don't expect one, if that's the way they do business.

Related to Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!

What is "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!"?

"Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!" is a popular recipe from Pampered Chef that combines sweet and savory flavors for a delicious and easy-to-make dish.

What ingredients do I need to make "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!"?

To make "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!", you will need chicken breasts, olive oil, garlic, dried thyme, salt, pepper, honey, balsamic vinegar, and dried cranberries. Optional ingredients include fresh thyme and feta cheese for garnish.

How do I prepare "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!"?

To prepare "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!", start by heating olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper, then cook them in the skillet until they are fully cooked. In a separate bowl, mix honey and balsamic vinegar, then pour over the chicken. Add dried cranberries to the skillet and allow the sauce to thicken. Serve with optional garnishes if desired.

Can I make substitutions in the recipe for "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!"?

Yes, you can make substitutions in the recipe for "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!" according to your personal preferences. For example, you can use different types of vinegar or sweeteners, and you can also add other ingredients such as vegetables or nuts.

How long does it take to make "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!"?

The total time to make "Client's Rain Puts Me in a Thunder Storm!" is approximately 30 minutes. This includes preparation and cooking time. It is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
Replies
Views
RMDave
Replies
Views
pcchefjane