• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning the Chimney: My Morning Adventure

In summary, the conversation revolves around the extremely cold weather in different parts of the country, with the participants discussing their activities and struggles in dealing with the low temperatures. They also make jokes about the weather and share their opinions on political figures.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
...I had to go up on the roof this morning and break the smoke off the chimney.

LOL. It is 4 above right now here in Upstate NY.

It's a balmy 10 here in metro Detroit. yay!I just dropped DH off at the airport for a car club meeting in Houston. He was rubbing my nose in it that he'd be in 50 degree weather in a matter of hours.

chefann said:
It's a balmy 10 here in metro Detroit. yay!

I just dropped DH off at the airport for a car club meeting in Houston. He was rubbing my nose in it that he'd be in 50 degree weather in a matter of hours.

You could go to a spa or something for a day and be just as warm.

gailz2 said:
You could go to a spa or something for a day and be just as warm.
I just got back from Leadership, so I don't get to take a vacation for a while. And it's my chance to get some things done around the house without him peering over my shoulder.

chefann said:
I just got back from Leadership, so I don't get to take a vacation for a while. And it's my chance to get some things done around the house without him peering over my shoulder.

I hear you. It was kind of nice when my husband went on business trips for a few days and I couldn't go -- you get more done, for sure!

chefann said:

Doing WHAT over your shoulder? :eek: Oh, peering. Never mind.

It's so cold here that at every stoplight, I have to get out of the car and break the exhaust off my tailpipe so the guy behind me can see my brake lights.

It's so cold here, I had to stop eating with metal cutlery and switch to plastic...

gailz2 said:
LOL. It is 4 above right now here in Upstate NY.

We've got one more degree over here in Albany... lucky us! A whole 5 degrees!

It's so cold here that my dog is stuck to the fence post by a frozen yellow rope.

It's so cold in IL, that Blagojevich actually had to stick his hands in his own pockets.

It's so cold when I tried to take a shower this morning, hail came out.

It's so cold a new poll now shows most Americans in favor of Global Warming.

Ok, I'm out of jokes...

janetupnorth said:
It's so cold in IL, that Blagojevich actually had to stick his hands in his own pockets.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! we dont wanna get me started on that piece! I'm glad I didn't vote for that SOB!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Doing WHAT over your shoulder? :eek: Oh, peering. Never mind.

Somehow, I knew you were gonna go there, KG. :)

So here I am, getting ready to head back out in the cold to go to Costco and the grocery store. Maybe a trip to Ikea.

Related to Cleaning the Chimney: My Morning Adventure

1. How often should I clean my chimney?

It is recommended to clean your chimney at least once a year, especially if you use it frequently. However, if you only use your chimney occasionally, you may be able to clean it every other year.

2. Can I clean my own chimney or do I need to hire a professional?

If you have experience and knowledge in chimney cleaning, you may be able to do it yourself. However, it is always recommended to hire a professional to ensure proper and safe cleaning.

3. What tools do I need to clean my chimney?

You will need a chimney brush, chimney rods, a drop cloth, a vacuum, and protective gear such as gloves and goggles. These tools can be purchased at most hardware stores or through Pampered Chef.

4. How long does it take to clean a chimney?

The time it takes to clean a chimney can vary depending on its size and level of buildup. On average, it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours.

5. How can I tell if my chimney needs to be cleaned?

Some signs that your chimney may need to be cleaned include a strong, smoky odor even when the fire is not burning, visible buildup of soot or creosote, and difficulty starting or maintaining a fire. It is always better to err on the side of caution and have your chimney cleaned regularly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Pampered_Ashley84
  • kristina16marie