• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Church Group Demo...need Some Ideas

In summary, a church group is looking for ideas for an upcoming event and is considering having a Pampered Chef vendor event or cooking class. The person is unsure of what to do or talk about, but is open to suggestions. An update suggests tips such as demonstrating how to use the salad spinner and promoting products for a fundraiser. It is also suggested to talk to the organizer to clarify their expectations and to not underestimate the knowledge and skills of the attendees. Other ideas include showcasing a pre-made dish and promoting the Pampered Chef business for potential recruits.
esavvymom
Staff member
Church group Demo...need some ideas - UPDATEDAs I was leaving church this morning, one of the ladies in charge of our Women's ministry "Sweet Monday" passed by me and we said hello to each other. She stopped and asked if I was still doing Pampered Chef. I said yes. She said that maybe we could do something this fall- like Sept or October, as we'll be closer to the holidays, etc. I was stunned! So now, my dilemma,

Now mind you- my church is 3k plus people with 3 services. I got to may be 2-3 Women's meetings a year since I live about 30 miles from church....but the last one I was there wearing my PC logo-shirt, and specifically asked her about a vendor-event they did for the Women's group two years ago. We talked about possible subjects for next season.

WHAT would I do or talk about?? What can I teach these women- many of whom are well my senior! I can't really do a demo pushing our products, and I wouldn't be able to COOK really- since it is usually done in a classroom. I've got a few months to do my homework :D But I'm not the most creative, and I'm not sure what I can do - and at the moment, I don't know if she has any specific ideas.

I remember one other time they had a TRUE chef in our area come do a full meal (it's been years, but I remember many of the recipes she had were no-bake/salads, etc). This lady was fabulous and was full of great tips. I'm NOT HER! :D Shoot, I've only done 2 live cooking shows so far- but have 8 scheduled between now and early August.....so will hopefully be better at that by then.

HELP!?!

**UPDATE on event below***

Last edited:
Load up on food and cooking tips, even money saving tips. And I would take a few items with me - I'd take the salad spinner to talk about saving money with it and not buying bagged salad, about spinning the excess grease out of the lower cost higher fat version of ground beef, etc. and then there are a ton of garnishing things you can show with a potato. And maybe the cook once eat three times idea of Power Cooking would be useful to everyone.

And since you are looking at the fall maybe try the apple pie class. There are files on here for that I think. You could set it up as a fundraiser for the church or a specific group in the church and take preorders for the products - you pick the products and sell them as a set - and then demo making an apple pie right there in front of them with the tools that you would be delivering to them that same day. then they can go home and make their own homemade apple pies with the tips you just taught them and the tools you just deliverd. People love to go home with something from any sort of event.

Just tossing out ideas.............hope that helps a little and you have fun with it.

Sharon has some great ideas, but I suggest talking with the woman first to understand what exactly she's thinking. Is she thinking a class, or a vendor event, or fundraiser? You don't want to be completely prepared for one thing, and have it turn out she meant something completely different.

Talk with her to find out what she's expecting. And, don't be so sure that because someone is older or has been cooking longer you have nothing to teach them.

You can also get tips online or from the book Food Lover's Tiptionary, put them on 3 x 5 cards and sprinkle them throughout the audience, then at different time have the audience members read them--it's a lot of fun. Get some unique ones.

My first show I attended as a guest and my future director showcased a chocolate mint cake that she already cooked. She needed only a microwave to heat the after dinner mints for the chocolate filling and ganache - she assembled the cakes in front of us. it was fabulous! It really gave me a good feeling because she used the batter bowl, tart pans, parchment paper, spatula, easy accent decorator to make it look professional, and whisk. and of course the simple additions platter.good luck!

Maybe you could focus on promoting the business (like a job fair) and get leads on potential recruits (maybe some of the ladies there might want to join or they may know people who they can refer). Show our products (especially the ones you got in your kit), maybe have a few samples of desserts to share, show how fun it is to do a cooking show, talk about the fund raisers, and maybe even talk about how everyone can start their Christmas shopping that day by ordering products for people on their Christmas list.

All great ideas, I'll have to sift through them.I had emailed the lady on the committee- and I should know for sure in a week or so, but she wanted to put me in for November's meeting (my dad has surgery in mid-sept, so Sept-Oct wasn't going to work as well). I had asked her about her idea of what she might want, and told her I was thinking of a "Save Time, Save Money" sort of concept, and maybe a little "holiday decorating" in there somehow.I've got an outline somehwere that I jotted down last month when this all came about- but something along the lines of saving time and money by 1) meal planning (we have the NEW weekday dinners cards, and of course a few of the cookbooks offer great tips on that as well (29 mins.), (2) Tools that are multifunctional to save time, (3) recipes that save time and money- Budget-Friendly $2 serving/Power Cooking, etc. and the holiday stuff I figured I'd pull from the entertaining guides on CC (download center). They all love to do their annual Cookie Exchange in December- so I may show off the new press/tools there too! Not sure what recipe I'd demo- but I'm thinking something no-bake, like a Trifle, or a few others I've come across.I'll have to review one of the threads (if I can find it) on money-saving tips that someone posted on here. So what do you think of that basic outline?? Talking about a group of usually 40+ women- and they ESPECIALLY like it when someone comes out to cook or share money saving tips related to the food-dept. We've had a local chef and our local "coupon-diva" before, and the place was packed both times! (so that makes me nervous)

You need to stop thinking you have nothing to offer, and stop the comparisons between a "real" chef and you. Lots of great ideas thus far....what about a trifle? Also, for those who have been cooking longer...that just means they're ready to change things up a bit....everyone is always looking for new meal ideas....and I love the wow factor of making a fab meal in the micro.....fairly new concept to other generations.

I would also have holiday gift ideas and packages....being November, many will have holiday gifts on their mind and they'll appreciate the ideas and convenience of one stop shopping....go to files and check out "Pampered Packages".

Have fun and know that people are always looking for a fun and easy way to shop and prep meals....you have plenty to offer! = D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
You need to stop thinking you have nothing to offer, and stop the comparisons between a "real" chef and you. Lots of great ideas thus far....what about a trifle? Also, for those who have been cooking longer...that just means they're ready to change things up a bit....everyone is always looking for new meal ideas....and I love the wow factor of making a fab meal in the micro.....fairly new concept to other generations.I would also have holiday gift ideas and packages....being November, many will have holiday gifts on their mind and they'll appreciate the ideas and convenience of one stop shopping....go to files and check out "Pampered Packages".Have fun and know that people are always looking for a fun and easy way to shop and prep meals....you have plenty to offer! = D
You've not seen one of my shows! *lol* Thanks for the suggestions. :)

since this is a church ladies group...why not do something out of the ordinary... see what you will have access too Microwaves, oven, etc... you could actually have several groups of women ( 8 groups of 5 if 40 is your number for ex) and have them do different demos on their own. if microwave is available... DCB would be great. Not only is it time saving but also $2/servings etc.... Oven... use the new Mini carrot cupcakes in new f/w 2009 sb it makes 24 if you have 2 or 3 groups do that ... you have plenty... While they are having their cookoff... you could go around and talk with the women to see how they are doing... After cookoff over or items in oven baking (have few women be oven checkers) do a little talk.... Talk about the products they just used... save time save money etc.. but also relate it to their lives as christian women we get up every morning and put on our make up starting with the foundation etc.... then we start dinner and follow the recipe to the T putting this in and that in to get the out come we want... so what about starting our day off right with putting on the whole armor of God... breast plate of righteousness, helmet... etc... Short sweet ties all together with what we women do on a day to day basis for survival lol... wrap it up with the specials Deals for this evening woman session... I dunno.. something that i have been working on in my head for some time when the opportunity arises...

I was recruited at a Church luncheon on a Saturday in 2005. The Consultant did a salad with pasta and chicken. The ladies guild provided the desserts. You do not have to
do the entire menu. So, that takes a lot of the worry out of it for you.

If it is in November, you might have a little display of items that would make nice
gifts. Maybe make up one of the Batter Bowl mixes in the Small BB; Outfit our Tool- turn-about with some of your PC tools, or crafters' tools, or scrapbooker's tools; l
hand out at least one recipe card with my contact information on it. Make some
Chocolate frosting kisses with your Easy Accent Decorator, to show them how easy
they are to make for fast and inexpensive gifts. Someone on here made up Gift set lists, in 2007. However, I have tried to attach, and the system in not taking my files. You can use your imagination, after looking at the new catalog. Make some in the $20 range, and up by $5 increments.

Great ideas!I do have a Gift Sets flyer from last year. I'll look over that. I like the idea of making up some table of gift/decorating ideas. I should have a special table to the side showing things pre-made up. The food ideas are great too...something simple that doesn't really requiring cooking on-site.Thank you! And hopefully someone else can read this and have ideas for large-group demos too!

Why not premake a dessert item for them to taste and then show them how to make it....kind of like they do on cooking shows....where out of the oven pops the already made item.

Well, tomorrow is my big day! I am almost ready....just have to pack everything up...hopefully so it can stay dry! It's been raining buckets here the last two days and supposed to continue awhile tomorrow (remnants of Ida)!!But I've got lots of information (probably too much) - but streamlined I think so that it's not TOO much. I'll encourage them to pick a couple of things as their "gotta try it now" tips, and then come back later for anything else. Some great recipes, gift ideas, most food-related, some not.There are 35 RSVP'd coming, and usually more than that come...they've been advertising for weeks at church and this is a popular topic ("Save Time & Money for the Holidays: Recipes, tips & Gift Ideas" - that's the title...NO PRESSURE!) They expect about 50 or so. Yikes. Not sure how my mouth will work, but as my dad always says, I'm "like the pig - I'm committed!" (think "bacon"- it's GONNA HAPPEN)I'm setting this night up as a Fundraiser- in the hopes of getting a few orders too! Thought if it was a fundraiser, it would seem less like I was using the group to further my business. I just want to get my NAME and face out there! The rest is just extra.Pray for me!I'll report back later on how it went and what I did....it's late now and I need sleep. :)

Will send a prayer, and hope you have fun and a huge show! =) I have one tonight, and they're expecting 18! Pray for me too!

Ok Laurie- I survived...did you?! :)I didn't get a final tally, but there were about 50 ladies there last night. Which is a REALLY good turn out! I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be! I got a little flushed/hot, but my tummy was ok and I wasn't having heart palpitations or anything....I even cracked several jokes! HAHA! If you knew me, you'd know that's NOT me. I did talk faster than I expected...everyone had notes of what I was covering- or at least the GOOD parts...not the rabbit trails and such that I went off on :D. It was a little disarming though. Especially when I'd be looking at someone as I talked, and they are nodding their head in agreement. My brain was thinking "This person already knows this information...what am I doing??! Move one!" So I just looked around more. But it went well. I had two 8' tables full of gifts! Alot of homemade food gifts, a few non-food gifts, and several PC gift bundles (inexpensive items).I had a couple easy dessert samples out- but they had already stuffed on desserts everyone else brought...so I took too much home! (my house is full of sweet temptations right now!!!!) I don't know how many took a catalog, but I know alot of folks took my "How Sweet It Is" cookie cards with my stamp on it. I've gotten one order so far (About $50), and I plan on being a "regular face" at the group so that I stay in their minds! :D I was happy....both with my performance in front of a group, and in what was said. I think it will go along way in helping my cooking shows too!!!! Thanks for the great ideas!

Sounds like you did an excellent job! LOL Kudos and congrats! Hopefully, you'll see some bookings come out from the event. Great job! I'm glad you were able to throw in a few jokes, and that head bobbing means you had their attention! Very good! I would call a few of the head bobbers and see if they'd like to host a Holiday party. :)

I survived. They were a crazy and fun group! Very sweet too! It appears there were 4 "chefs" and 3 men who are "AMAZING" grillers. It did not go as smooth as my large group shows usually do. They were all wanting me at their station and had lots of questions....but they all went with the flow and there were plenty of giggles. I was told by quite a few that they loved the format, and that they were surprised they had so much fun and still able to learn a few tips. Another woman told me that she loved me and my personality and that she could see I enjoyed what I did. Got to admit, I loved hearing that! He He It was cute because 3 of the couples from the neighborhood (including the host and hubby) all decided I need to move into their development...they've all decided which lots would make me central, planned a progressive party, playdates for my kids, and how we'd spend next summer! Too funny!

I got about 2-3 small orders and 2 really large orders (one woman ordered $301)! Everyone had a good time. I got a booking where the woman told me she'd "make it worth {my} while". I told her I will be happy to come, and she kept insisting she'd make it worthwhile and that she'll send me home with a couple of bottles of wine too! LOL I told her it wasn't necessary to pay me with wine! Ha Ha The host's husband also wants to host a grill party and the men will be the cooks....so I'm looking forward to that. :)

The party is $2 away from $600, and I think there are a couple of more orders coming in....so I think we're going to hit $700. So, it was a good night and I got lots of ego pats! :D

Way to go! :D

What types of products are best for a church group demo?

There are many great options for a church group demo, but some of our most popular products include our stoneware baking dishes, food chopper, and quick stir pitcher. These products are versatile and perfect for preparing meals for large groups.

How long will the demo last?

The length of the demo will depend on the number of products being demonstrated and the size of the group. Typically, a church group demo can range from 45 minutes to an hour. However, our consultants are flexible and can adjust the timing to fit your group's needs.

Can we customize the demo to fit our group's needs?

Absolutely! Our consultants are happy to work with you to customize the demo to fit your group's interests and preferences. We can focus on specific products or recipes, and even include tips for cooking for large groups or dietary restrictions.

Do we need to provide any ingredients or supplies for the demo?

No, our consultants will bring all the necessary ingredients and supplies for the demo. All we ask is that you provide a space for us to set up and access to a standard kitchen for cooking and preparing the recipes.

Are there any special offers or discounts for church groups?

Yes, we offer special discounts and promotions for church groups. Our consultants can provide more information and help you take advantage of these offers during the demo. We also offer fundraising opportunities for church groups, so be sure to ask about those as well!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies