• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Church 'Kitchen Shower' Fundraiser

, in summary, you should do a kitchen shower as a fundraiser. You can put it in as a catalog/cooking show and have the "host" come up with a wish list for the church guests to purchase for themselves and the church.
pctharper
Gold Member
Our church ladies group might be interested in throwing a 'kitchen shower' for the church. The kitchen is in desperate need of upgrading their gagets and gizmos. Should I do it more of a bridal shower or as a fundraiser? I'm not sure what the best way is to maximize items the church can get and also the best way it could work out for me.

Do it like a shower but advertize it as a fundraiser (put it in as a catalog/cooking show = whichever is right).
Make an option that someone can purchase "double" and the second set be donated.
Then whatever they need they purchase with their free products earned and discount.

I'm doing one in a few weeks - going to put the organizer in as host and then they will use the free, 1/2 price items and discounts to stock the church kitchen. Since the show is in January they can get a whole lot more for free as long as the show is over $500. We'll also let people buy things for the church within their orders as well.

I have been wanting to try this too. Do you have an invite that you are using?

I had someone interested in doing this - we talked about doing it like a bridal shower. Having the "host" come up with a wish list for the church, guests can purchase for themselves and the church. Then the church can use the free products for more stuff.

I did this for a soup kitchen and I did it as a fundraiser but the kitchen made a wish list and people bought off of this list. I put one order in for the kitchen with multiple pmts and then all the individual orders. It worked pretty well.

wadesgirl said:
I had someone interested in doing this - we talked about doing it like a bridal shower. Having the "host" come up with a wish list for the church, guests can purchase for themselves and the church. Then the church can use the free products for more stuff.

This is how I've handled my church "showers". Works out just fine. The "host" did have help from a committee in setting up the church's wishlist.

I have thought about doing this like a bridal shower only making it a fundraiser and so the church would get products for the kitchen guests would walk away with what they wanted and PC would give the church Cash for other things they may need in the kitchen that maybe PC dosent cover like crockpots new appliances or whatever. I figure its a win win!

What great timing! I will be planning one of these for the church kitchen for this month in the next day or so. I didn't even think about doing it as a shower! :eek:

Sandi

What is a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser?

A "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser is an event where guests bring gifts for the church's kitchen, such as new kitchen supplies, appliances, or monetary donations, to help raise funds for the church's kitchen renovation or improvement projects.

How do I organize a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser for my church?

To organize a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser, you can start by creating a committee and setting a date for the event. Then, you can create a guest list and send out invitations. Ask for donations from local businesses and church members to help with food and decorations. On the day of the event, have a designated area for guests to drop off their gifts and have a program or activities planned to keep guests engaged.

Are there any specific items that are recommended for guests to bring to a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser?

While there are no specific items that are required, some popular gift ideas for a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser include kitchen gadgets, cookware, baking supplies, and gift cards to kitchen supply stores. You can also ask for monetary donations to help with the church's kitchen renovation.

Can anyone attend a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser?

Yes, anyone can attend a "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser. It is a great opportunity for church members, friends, and family to come together and support a good cause. You can also invite local community members or businesses to attend and show their support for the church.

How can I make my church's "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser successful?

To make your church's "Kitchen Shower" fundraiser successful, it is important to plan ahead and promote the event. Use social media, flyers, and word of mouth to spread the word about the fundraiser. Also, make sure to have a variety of gift options for guests to choose from and thank them for their contributions. Lastly, have a clear goal in mind and communicate it to guests so they understand the purpose of the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefallison53
  • mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies